Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this trip was planned twelve months ago. Twelve months ago we finished 14th. besides which the CEO doesn't make the bloody deals. That's what they pay noble and ogylvy for. He is only a phone call away, it's not like he's on another planet FFS!

Obviously you have never been to France

Exactly right. We managed to net Jenkins and Lynch I think with two of the picks from the Gunston trade, which is how the club reasoned why we wanted the Gunston deal done so quick. If there was 3 weeks last year, I have no doubt the club would have pressed for me, but obviously they wanted to get other trades done.

We traded Gunston and pick 74 for picks 24, 46 and 64. Pick 24 was then traded to GC for picks 27, 31 and 68. Pick 31 is then used to trade for Jenkins and pick 41. Pick 68 is then used along with our own pick 35, along with Armstrong, to get a contracted LJ back to Adelaide. Also gained Lynch, Brown and Crouch in other deals. I thought this was covered last year though when everyone finally got a grip over the Gunston trade and realised why the club acted so swiftly, but obviously not...

It also shows how far pick 22 is off the mark when we managed to get pick 24 in the Gunston trade. Gunston is a far inferior player to Tippett at this stage of their careers, and I believe we did extremely well that trade period.

Weren't we regarded as one of the better teams over the trade period last year, when people realised the net return from the players that were lost?

But hey, enjoy rants over media speculation about hypothetical trades because you want a decision right now, you'll just look extremely childish when this is all over.
Firstly, you might want to be accurate if you're trying to be a condescending smart arse.

Trading Gunston had nothing to do with getting Lynch, Maric was traded for pick 37 and on turn to Saints for Lynch. That trade was a loss, we lost a ruckman for a guy who is struggling to get a game and now we need another ruckman.

What we did with the Gunston pick is irrelevant to whether we were shafted by Hawthorn. Pick 24 was in adequate compensation for Gunston as this year has shown.

The Crouch manouvre was a master stroke, but that was us being proactive and doing a ballsy deal, it is not the same situation we find ourselves in again as we have done with Gunston, Maric and now Tippett. When a player wants to leave, we accommodate and take it up the date.

Trigg last week said we will send Tippett to the club of our choice and yet we are showing no signs of doing that, what are the consequences for Harper and Noble for not doing what the CEO wants?

tell you what, I'm pretty sick of hearing about Gunston, at the time of trade we (as in this board) were really the only people to rate him, he had played a few good games against some shit teams and that was about it.

Sure, he has slotted into the 2nd best team in the comp as a solid 3rd tall, but he still isn't anything to write home about, sure he'll play a few good seasons for Hawthorn, but he will never win a B&F, never win a coleman, never rate highly in any award.

Im begining to wonder if in future that it would be wise to bring in a trained negotiator for these couple of weeks, Brief them on the rules, player worths etc and let them do the negotioating, as our guys appear at present anyway to be a little out of their depth.

I was thinking this today after the Harper interview and Cornesy's disgust at our stance. It is the most important dealings of a multi-million dollar organisation and with all due respect to those involved, we have an ex-footballer and assistant coach getting involved in something that would be best left to a professional. I would imagine that this experience would not be pleasant for Noble as he may be out of his area of expertise. Would the club send Noble off to learn how to negotiate?

I think the over reaction from some on here are way over the top with the comments given to the media. Both Noble and Ireland said todays discussions were positive. FAITH also said Sydney understand they need to trade a quality player, right?
I assume Sydney have agreed to hand over pick 22 and need to organise another round 1 pick by trading one of its players. This is up to the Swans to work that part out and we sit back and wait.
With us and Swans likely on the same page and heading in that direction, there is no need to play the bulls**t media games and empty threats just to look like tough guys.
With us upgrading Nutter today, I guess we won't look at bringing many more players in this year and we focus on the draft instead.

As for what Rowey said........remember he was dead set on Tippett staying and thought Tippett to Brisbane for Redden and pick 8 was viable. He believes alot of rubbish.

I think the over reaction from some on here are way over the top with the comments given to the media. Both Noble and Ireland said todays discussions were positive. FAITH also said Sydney understand they need to trade a quality player, right?
I assume Sydney have agreed to hand over pick 22 and need to organise another round 1 pick by trading one of its players. This is up to the Swans to work that part out and we sit back and wait.
With us and Swans likely on the same page and heading in that direction, there is no need to play the bulls**t media games and empty threats just to look like tough guys.
With us upgrading Nutter today, I guess we won't look at bringing many more players in this year and we focus on the draft instead.

As for what Rowey said........remember he was dead set on Tippett staying and thought Tippett to Brisbane for Redden and pick 8 was viable. He believes alot of rubbish.
Harper said we are looking to bring in one player and have only two picks, so the Sydney deal would have to be 22 and a player or 1 low pick

I think I'm gonna try harder to ignore this nonsense until it's finished.
It's very easy to get drawn in. Today's Harper interview was very deflating - especially after Trigg sent a very strong, encouraging message a week ago. What we've heard from Noble and Harper is almost the complete opposite of what Trigg said.
Something is not at all right about this trade. I can't say I'm looking forward to the outcome, as I can't find the optimism required for such a statement, but I'll be glad when it's over.

Triggs a moron. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He was a fair to middling pe/geography teacher. Its doubtful that he ever taught a student that made him look smart. He reached his pinnacle a decade ago and then got promoted.

Everyone agrees that we need to do well out of this, but there is nothing to suggest so far that we won't. The club has said all the right things so far, and so have Sydney, but chest beating means nothing once behind closed doors and negotiating time starts.
Did you hear the Harper interview? Everything he said suggested that we were gearing up for a disappointing result. He publicly said that we would not get a player of Kurt's quality in return. He publicly declared we wouldn't send Kurt to the PSD, which, effectively, removes the best chance we have of convincing him to accept any club other than Sydney's offer, and it also puts us in a significantly worse position when making the trade with Sydney, as they know, at the end of trade week, we will take whatever they feel like giving us. Rather than saying that we were confident we could get Kurt's market value, or claiming we'd do everything we could to meet such and end, he effectively said we "hope" we won't get too ripped off. Hope.

Exactly why would he be saying these things publicly if they weren't true privately? I can't understand the motivation at all.
The only three scenarios that seem to make sense given that interview are:
a) we expect to be disappointed, as there is indeed something weird in Kurt's contract that is creating a very uneven playing field, but we don't want to make that public unless we have to.
b) we expect to be disappointed because we're terrible negotiators who are more interested in preserving a reputation as nice guys to deal with in trade week, rather than use the PSD as a bargaining chip.
c) Harper has spoken out of line, has given our fans the completely wrong information, and is terrible at his job.

I can't see why we'd publicly give the impression that we don't expect a good deal to be made, when we're privately confident we will be adequately compensated. What good does that do anyone? Are they hoping to pleasantly surprise us or something? Last week Trigg came out and said that we would deal with whoever we wanted, and would not be pushed around. Why has the company line changed so drastically? If what they're telling us publicly is of no consequence, why not keep running with Trigg's words, and give the supporters confidence?

I'm sorry, but I will be extremely surprised if we don't get shafted by this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

end-of-the-world.jpg

I guess so if you read this thread :D

They came out at when Kurt announced his attention and they said they were 'fair traders'. The ball is in their court if they live up to their own reputation or not.

This is the part that I find most disappointing. It's like we are going to Sydney with hat hand hoping they will do the right thing by us. So rather then being aggressive negotiators it feels like we are saying please guys do the right thing by us. Seems very amateurish and abit pathetic.

I think we have already put up the white flag after listening to how quickly both Harper and Noble wanted to chnage the subject from the Tippett trade to Crouch and the Callinan signing.

What's the email for guys at the club (format) I think we should send well reasoned responses to Harper trigg and Nobel to ensure they are aware of how this thing is looking.

Jenny, with respect, you are not objective on any trigg issue.

We have faith posting that Ireland is cleaŕly very involved in over ruling trade options. Its perception and right now Ireland is being perceived as our lord and master. We have no equivalent person working thr media to create pressure.

Sorry but its very poor.

I actually agree with Jenny and her positive ways here. People need holidays. Especially when a job like that wouldn't come with much time off week to week.

If Sydney are being stubborn the what the hell is the CEO supposed to do especially given the situation?

There are certain situations where I agree the hierachy need to show some more guts, but this aint one of them.

Man, I'd love to play poker against some of you guys, I'd have all of your chips by the second bluff.

People here need, in the words of Samuel L Jackson to " calm the **** down". This can go on for another week or two but the more this goes on, the more pressure is on Sydney, not us. People here would have to be naive not to think we have chatted to Brisbane about what they can do for us and the fact they haven't played a part in trade weeks/months/years/decades says to me they are waiting to see how this pans out. I wouldn't be suprised to see them draft very minimally if it looks like Tippett is going to the PSD, which being the case means Sydney can't go that route to get him.

Andrew Ireland can puff his chest out all he likes in this situation and make all the public noises he likes but if we don't blink first...and we won't, he'll have to back down and do the deal he said he wouldn't.

As for us not threating to redraft Tippett...why would we? We don't have a pick before Brisbane and they could match Tippetts deal over two years, besides we'd have half our team that wants to play for us walk out if that parasite was re contracted, especially on a mil a year. Us saying we would re draft him would be an idle threat we couldn't follow through on and publically saying it would makes us look like idiots who blink first. **** Cornes over this, that is the same man who wouldn't give D Jarman an extra 10k a season when we first started, who'd listen to that twat when it comes to negotiation skills.

If this was trade week, we'd be getting somewhere close to resolution but it's a bloody month so this will take time, it's a big deal

It really doesn't help when you have an idiot like Stephen Rowe who gushes over everything the club does and rarely asks the hard questions. I was shocked with how quickly Noble dismissed Cornes' suggestion that we threaten redrafting Tippett if he slips to the pre-season draft.

This is the part that I find most disappointing. It's like we are going to Sydney with hat hand hoping they will do the right thing by us. So rather then being aggressive negotiators it feels like we are saying please guys do the right thing by us. Seems very amateurish and abit pathetic.

I think we have already put up the white flag after listening to how quickly both Harper and Noble wanted to chnage the subject from the Tippett trade to Crouch and the Callinan signing.

How the hell would you know any of this? These posts today are rubbish.

Man, I'd love to play poker against some of you guys, I'd have all of your chips by the second bluff.

People here need, in the words of Samuel L Jackson to " calm the **** down". This can go on for another week or two but the more this goes on, the more pressure is on Sydney, not us. People here would have to be naive not to think we have chatted to Brisbane about what they can do for us and the fact they haven't played a part in trade weeks/months/years/decades says to me they are waiting to see how this pans out. I wouldn't be suprised to see them draft very minimally if it looks like Tippett is going to the PSD, which being the case means Sydney can't go that route to get him.

Andrew Ireland can puff his chest out all he likes in this situation and make all the public noises he likes but if we don't blink first...and we won't, he'll have to back down and do the deal he said he wouldn't.

As for us not threating to redraft Tippett...why would we? We don't have a pick before Brisbane and they could match Tippetts deal over two years, besides we'd have half our team that wants to play for us walk out if that parasite was re contracted, especially on a mil a year. Us saying we would re draft him would be an idle threat we couldn't follow through on and publically saying it would makes us look like idiots who blink first. **** Cornes over this, that is the same man who wouldn't give D Jarman an extra 10k a season when we first started, who'd listen to that twat when it comes to negotiation skills.

If this was trade week, we'd be getting somewhere close to resolution but it's a bloody month so this will take time, it's a big deal

:thumbsu: If they want him, they will pay. Brisbane definately want him enough to do this.

Also the guy who won 2 sanfl premierships, a few state of origin games and got us into a prelim final in only our third year. You would think he would know abit more about aussie rules than your average punter, except of course you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back