Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn't help when you have an idiot like Stephen Rowe who gushes over everything the club does and rarely asks the hard questions. I was shocked with how quickly Noble dismissed Cornes' suggestion that we threaten redrafting Tippett if he slips to the pre-season draft.

Why would we though, it would be an idle threat at best and nobody would believe us that after all that has happened, we would give that knobend near a million dollars a season. Too much bad blood has been spilt over the way he left the club for us to take him back on anything more than minimum wage, let alone give the giant, can't kick straight douche knuckle a million bucks.

Cornes is an idiot, they only pair him with Rowey to make him look smart

I love it how a select few people are telling us to hold firm and wait for the good news to start coming our way with the winnings. That's perfectly find, if history for these issues was actually on our side.

I think at best, in the past 15 years we've come out on top once and that was last year and the only reason we came out on top was with the Crouch deal. Then if you were to listen to Noble and Harper, their words and actions didn't allow us to walk away from those interviews with confidence that we will pull off another trade period win.

So I'm sorry of I don't have the positive outcome as the environment we currently sit in, doesn't allow it. Let's see some good news start coming our way or some positive speculation start having our name attached to it. That way we can start getting our name in front of the ledger, not always hearing the negatives from Sydney about player who are not going to be traded or have never been a chance to be traded.

jumboprince mate you're on the ball. All you other negative people make me sick with your losing rubbish. Seriously, get a grip and wait to see what happens before you blow your collective tops off. 6000 posts FFS and nothing new has come out.

I'm taking @faith's word, that Sydney are shopping around players to find out whether they can get something we would like.

Sounds to me like we have gone in and said this is what we will take. Anything less, and we'll walk. Sydney are making sure the shopping isn't public to avoid a crazy Vossy situation. They want to stay up the top, why would they be stupid and let their players know?!

Also the guy who won 2 sanfl premierships, a few state of origin games and got us into a prelim final in only our third year. You would think he would know abit more about aussie rules than your average punter, except of course you.

I didn't say he wasn't a good coach. Him suggesting we make idle threats that we can't follow through on as a way of forcing a trade is plain stupid

I have these two things on the side of my head, I think you call them ears. I use them to listen to radio stations, you know like 5AA.
I heard the interview too but you are naive beyond belief if you think we are getting the full picture of 5AA. Be patient. This one has some twists and turns yet. Agree with some others that Brisbane are in the wings.

Maybe we could all chip in a few dollars to send Harper and Noble over to join Stephen Trigg on his Roller Blading accross France holiday. Get Sando and the boys to take over trade week negotiations.

I love it how a select few people are telling us to hold firm and wait for the good news to start coming our way with the winnings. That's perfectly find, if history for these issues was actually on our side.

I think at best, in the past 15 years we've come out on top once and that was last year and the only reason we came out on top was with the Crouch deal. Then if you were to listen to Noble and Harper, their words and actions didn't allow us to walk away from those interviews with confidence that we will pull off another trade period win.

So I'm sorry of I don't have the positive outcome as the environment we currently sit in, doesn't allow it. Let's see some good news start coming our way or some positive speculation start having our name attached to it. That way we can start getting our name in front of the ledger, not always hearing the negatives from Sydney about player who are not going to be traded or have never been a chance to be traded.
I honestly don't think we've done any shopping to have speculation apart from a few enquiries. Will be a shame if we wanted a gumby for example and miss out because of money bag$.

I'm gonna stay positive because I hope things have changed. We haven't really been in this situation before, with a marquee player leaving. If we get screwed over when the fallout has settled then I'll be as disappointed as anyone.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Sydney reallllyyyy want Kurt and therefore we aren't gunna get shafted, hopefully we have enough mongrel in our negotiators to get something want and not lay over and take it.

I heard the interview too but you are naive beyond belief if you think we are getting the full picture of 5AA. Be patient. This one has some twists and turns yet. Agree with some others that Brisbane are in the wings.

I hope you are right, I really do.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Sydney reallllyyyy want Kurt and therefore we aren't gunna get shafted, hopefully we have enough mongrel in our negotiators to get something want and not lay over and take it.
I agree. They have bought the house and are already moving in. They wont want to risk not doing a deal. Brisbane will trump them.

If I was doing the negotiating I'd be putting as much pressure on Kurt and Sydney as I could.

The only way we get to deal with any club other than Sydney is if Kurt agrees to be traded elsewhere.

The only reasons he'd do that is if he miraculously decides he'd be happy to go elsewhere, OR he's worried that if he doesn't agree, he could end up at a club he doesn't want to be at via the PSD.

If these options aren't explored, and Harper has said today that they won't be, we are able to deal with only one out of a possible 17 clubs, and that one club knows that we will accept their best offer come the end of trade week. It is pointless talking to Brisbane or GC or Footscray or University or whoever if Kurt doesn't believe we might send him to the PSD rather than accept Sydney's probably shithouse offer.

The more noise we make, publicly and privately, the more pressure there is on Kurt to agree to a trade with another team, and on Sydney, to give us a better deal.

If one of you genius poker players can explain to me how us saying we will not send Kurt to the PSD - and Harper DID say this today - helps us in any possible way, I'll gladly shut up.

We don't have to have any intention of actually putting him in the PSD at all. Kurt and Sydney don't even have to be certain we'd go through with it either. But the more Kurt and Sydney believe we are considering it as an option, the better chance we have of either trading him elsewhere (and therefore getting a better deal, as the more clubs that are involved, the better,) or getting a good deal from Sydney. Publicly saying we won't use the PSD is not a good way of making either of those parties believe that we will.

And hey, maybe Harper made a mistake or we're doing weird PR stuff for no apparent reason, and privately we actually ARE threatening to use the PSD, but surely getting the media and public on Kurt's back about it adds a hell of a lot more pressure on him than not?

I'm all for waiting to see what the result is before we start calling for heads to roll, but I would bloody love it if someone could explain to me why we've picked this particular approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are just about to spend some coin on Moloney

this thread is fast becoming a seinfeld episode "something about nothing"

additionally lets stop jumping, IMO the trade still has a few twists & turns, Rowey is just headline grabbing and Harper he's not involved in the trade discussion and is just trying to play the party line

the fact that both Syd and Adel are both doing their absolute best not to play this out in the media can also be viewed as a positive that both parties are trying to work towards a win-win trade

I honestly don't think we've done any shopping to have speculation apart from a few enquiries. Will be a shame if we wanted a gumby for example and miss out because of money bag$.

I'm gonna stay positive because I hope things have changed. We haven't really been in this situation before, with a marquee player leaving. If we get screwed over when the fallout has settled then I'll be as disappointed as anyone.

We should be using the media for good, not evil. We should be leaking information by naming names and applying the pressure by calling them out and making it know they are not on easy street.

The way it looks at the moment, the Swans have the upper hand as every player, every draft pick and every premiership player seem to be off the table.

I bet Eddie or Collingwood wouldn't be saying some of the stuff Noble and Harper have been. He would be having people or even himself continually asking question how they are going to do the deal and applying pressure to either tell Kurt Tippett to get stuffed as it's all too hard to fit him in or find a deal worthy of doing. However at the moment, we look like we a club willing to take whatever deal Sydney want to do and we will be happy to wait for them.

I'm not saying, get any deal done as quick as possible as we need the best deal but we still need to be taking the lead in this and show a forceful attitude.

Firstly, you might want to be accurate if you're trying to be a condescending smart arse.

Trading Gunston had nothing to do with getting Lynch, Maric was traded for pick 37 and on turn to Saints for Lynch. That trade was a loss, we lost a ruckman for a guy who is struggling to get a game and now we need another ruckman.

What we did with the Gunston pick is irrelevant to whether we were shafted by Hawthorn. Pick 24 was in adequate compensation for Gunston as this year has shown.

The Crouch manouvre was a master stroke, but that was us being proactive and doing a ballsy deal, it is not the same situation we find ourselves in again as we have done with Gunston, Maric and now Tippett. When a player wants to leave, we accommodate and take it up the date.
I never said the Gunston deal netted Lynch, did you even bother to read my post carefully? I said we got Lynch, Brown and Crouch in OTHER deals, after explaining what the Gunston trade involved.

Pick 24 was not inadequate compensation for Gunston, a 2nd year player who had played a few promising games against lesser sides towards the end of the season. The only reason Caddy netted such a high draft pick for GC is because there were numerous Vic sides gunning for him, he didn't nominate one preferred club. Gunston nominated the Hawks, and we would have lost him for nothing if we didn't trade with the Hawks. And if the deal had dragged out because the Crows were trying to get more, we simply would have missed out on the deals that got guys like LJ and Jenkins to the club.

Gunston will be a good solid player, but he doesn't play a role where it is hard to find talented players, and he doesn't play a role that will be the difference to winning a flag. Tippett is a rare breed, and most certainly could be the difference between winning a flag or not.

Gunston was also not the highest paid player at Adelaide and demanding big dollars from a Vic club. He wanted to go home and we got the best deal possible from the circumstances, get the **** over it.

And are you seriously bagging the Maric trade? He was a surplus ruckman to our needs, and is playing better at Richmond than he ever would have here being 2nd fiddle to Sauce. To get a solid depth player in Lynch was a break even trade for us, and both parties walked away very happy. Lynch struggled to get a game this year due to our extremely good injury run, and the depth of players we have in his positions down forward and back.

The club is clearly targeting Giles, with a deal just a matter of time according to FAITH, and he is a far better fit as a 2nd ruckman than Maric.

What were the afl thinking 3 wks seriously?

FAITH, you're the one with the contacts.

What do you think will be the likely outcome of the Tippett trade??

A first rounder plus pick 22?

Pick 22 and a later pick?

A player plus pick 22?

Pick 22?

Non-binding opinion. Just your guess given where things are at as of today?

Cheers. :)

I actually agree with Jenny and her positive ways here. People need holidays. Especially when a job like that wouldn't come with much time off week to week.

If Sydney are being stubborn the what the hell is the CEO supposed to do especially given the situation?

There are certain situations where I agree the hierachy need to show some more guts, but this aint one of them.
It's a pity Trigg wasn't on holidays when the whole Rendell thing erupted

FAITH, you're the one with the contacts.

What do you think will be the likely outcome of the Tippett trade??

A first rounder plus pick 22?

Pick 22 and a later pick?

A player plus pick 22?

Pick 22?

Non-binding opinion. Just your guess given where things are at as of today?

Cheers. :)

my guess is a player plus 22, I would not be surprised if we have given the Swans a list of 3-4 players to consider

Guys stop stressing! Like I posted early in the week my mate at a rival club is still telling me Adelaide is still likely to end up with pick 4, pick 42 and GHS. For those of you who don't know what I'm on about check out what I posted on page 184 of this thread. Wellingham side of things already done as I was told.

I don't like the idea of getting third or fourth parties involved.

We usually get reamed badly enough by one club.

I have no contacts or inside info, but surely it's just going to be Sydney's 1st and 2nd picks? Then we'll fling some more shit at Kurt on the way out and blame him for the bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back