Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said the Gunston deal netted Lynch, did you even bother to read my post carefully? I said we got Lynch, Brown and Crouch in OTHER deals, after explaining what the Gunston trade involved.

Pick 24 was not inadequate compensation for Gunston, a 2nd year player who had played a few promising games against lesser sides towards the end of the season. The only reason Caddy netted such a high draft pick for GC is because there were numerous Vic sides gunning for him, he didn't nominate one preferred club. Gunston nominated the Hawks, and we would have lost him for nothing if we didn't trade with the Hawks. And if the deal had dragged out because the Crows were trying to get more, we simply would have missed out on the deals that got guys like LJ and Jenkins to the club.

Gunston will be a good solid player, but he doesn't play a role where it is hard to find talented players, and he doesn't play a role that will be the difference to winning a flag. Tippett is a rare breed, and most certainly could be the difference between winning a flag or not.

Gunston was also not the highest paid player at Adelaide and demanding big dollars from a Vic club. He wanted to go home and we got the best deal possible from the circumstances, get the **** over it.

And are you seriously bagging the Maric trade? He was a surplus ruckman to our needs, and is playing better at Richmond than he ever would have here being 2nd fiddle to Sauce. To get a solid depth player in Lynch was a break even trade for us, and both parties walked away very happy. Lynch struggled to get a game this year due to our extremely good injury run, and the depth of players we have in his positions down forward and back.

The club is clearly targeting Giles, with a deal just a matter of time according to FAITH, and he is a far better fit as a 2nd ruckman than Maric.
Perhaps you need to read your own post again, you said you thought we netted Jenkins and Lynch from the Gunston pick.

Pick 24 in a compromised ordinary draft was unders for Gunston. He was going back to Melbourne with plenty of Melbourne picks in the PSD before the Hawks. If we were ever in a position to go hard that was it.

Maric for pick 37 in a compromised ordinary draft was unders as well. Richmond desperately wanted him and paid very little. Sando wanted Maric to stay, it wouldn't have been to be a depth player, it would have been on the promise of playing. We replaced that with a reserves player effectively, someone Sando basically will play if we have 10 injuries.

Guys stop stressing! Like I posted early in the week my mate at a rival club is still telling me Adelaide is still likely to end up with pick 4, pick 42 and GHS. For those of you who don't know what I'm on about check out what I posted on page 184 of this thread. Wellingham side of things already done as I was told.
Not 100% on this, but I don't think Pick 4 can be traded... It's why Melbourne gave GWS Pick 3 for MiniDraft Pick 2.

I love it how a select few people are telling us to hold firm and wait for the good news to start coming our way with the winnings. That's perfectly find, if history for these issues was actually on our side.

I think at best, in the past 15 years we've come out on top once and that was last year and the only reason we came out on top was with the Crouch deal. Then if you were to listen to Noble and Harper, their words and actions didn't allow us to walk away from those interviews with confidence that we will pull off another trade period win.

So I'm sorry of I don't have the positive outcome as the environment we currently sit in, doesn't allow it. Let's see some good news start coming our way or some positive speculation start having our name attached to it. That way we can start getting our name in front of the ledger, not always hearing the negatives from Sydney about player who are not going to be traded or have never been a chance to be traded.

But you, and others like you are NEVER prepared to sit back and wait to see what the outcome is before losing your load. No, you go off half cocked, declaring our CEO football manager and anyone else to do with the club are completely incompetent w***ers and should be immediately removed. :rolleyes: what's the ****ing point? It's day 4 of a THREE WEEK period. What are you going to be like on day 14 and nothing's happened? Burn the club down? Jesus man, get some chill pills and sit back and watch it unfold.

my issues with "player + pick 22" or whatever it is, leaves us with what? 2 spots on the senior list and about 5 or 6 picks in the draft. would we seriously pass what it came to our pick 40ish?

But you, and others like you are NEVER prepared to sit back and wait to see what the outcome is before losing your load. No, you go off half cocked, declaring our CEO football manager and anyone else to do with the club are completely incompetent Moos and should be immediately removed. :rolleyes: what's the ******* point? It's day 4 of a THREE WEEK period. What are you going to be like on day 14 and nothing's happened? Burn the club down? Jesus man, get some chill pills and sit back and watch it unfold.
Were these the posters who thought Kurt was a selfish w***er who was screwing us?

I think at best, in the past 15 years we've come out on top once and that was last year and the only reason we came out on top was with the Crouch deal. Then if you were to listen to Noble and Harper, their words and actions didn't allow us to walk away from those interviews with confidence that we will pull off another trade period win.

Come out on top in which circumstances? I mean, Thompson for Stenglein strikes me as coming out ahead, for starters.

Dandy_GO - I don't think flat out admitting that we wouldn't go to the PSD on the radio was so smart, but I hardly see it as the cyanide pill you seem to. It's a pretty unrealistic gambit. If Sydney aren't willing to get the deal done, we'd be much more likely to trade him elsewhere. Yes, Kurt would have to agree to it, but I think he'd rather say okay, deal with Brisbane or whoever and make sure it gets done rather than risk going to a club he isn't interested in being a part of. I just can't see a scenario where Tippett ends up in the PSD.

Not smart to say it straight out, but hardly a suicide move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FAITH, you're the one with the contacts.

What do you think will be the likely outcome of the Tippett trade??

A first rounder plus pick 22?

Pick 22 and a later pick?

A player plus pick 22?

Pick 22?

Non-binding opinion. Just your guess given where things are at as of today?

Cheers. :)

I really dont know.
Today i was told they would be happy with a quality player and 24.
Problem is sydney dont want to give anyone at this stage.
Which also means its hard to involve other clubs in the deal.
Its only the 5 th day still 16 or so to go.....

Sydney have to give up one of their quality players wont work otherwise

Dandy_GO - I don't think flat out admitting that we wouldn't go to the PSD on the radio was so smart, but I hardly see it as the cyanide pill you seem to. It's a pretty unrealistic gambit. If Sydney aren't willing to get the deal done, we'd be much more likely to trade him elsewhere. Yes, Kurt would have to agree to it, but I think he'd rather say okay, deal with Brisbane or whoever and make sure it gets done rather than risk going to a club he isn't interested in being a part of. I just can't see a scenario where Tippett ends up in the PSD.

Not smart to say it straight out, but hardly a suicide move.
Can you see why this doesn't make sense at all?
What risk is there of him ending up at a club he isn't interested in being a part of if we've already said we are going to take the best offer Sydney give us?
That risk doesn't exist for him unless the PSD is seen as a possible outcome. Brisbane isn't an option unless the PSD is an option.

Not 100% on this, but I don't think Pick 4 can be traded... It's why Melbourne gave GWS Pick 3 for MiniDraft Pick 2.

Compo pick can be traded. The compo pick can not be used in as father son pick, why who knows. Example Melbourne, instead of using the compo pick (1st round) on Viney they had to use pick 26 or whatever it was.....Im sure Melbourne were devastated they didn't have to use their first round compo pick!!!

Come out on top in which circumstances? I mean, Thompson for Stenglein strikes me as coming out ahead, for starters.

Yeah, that was be a equal trade.

Saying that, the interesting fact from that years trades. Brad Otten went from Richmond to Geelong for pick 12 & 16 and Darren Jolly went from Melbourne to Sydney for pick 15.

I think it's far to say, Kurt Tippett would be equal players to those 2 and I bet, we received nothing like that in retune.

it can be traded, melbourne have just said they wont as they wanted to keep 3 or 4. so they are keeping 4.

Melbourne really want Dawes and are facing fierce competition from the bulldogs who are willing to give up pick 6. It is on the cars no question

Guys stop stressing! Like I posted early in the week my mate at a rival club is still telling me Adelaide is still likely to end up with pick 4, pick 42 and GHS. For those of you who don't know what I'm on about check out what I posted on page 184 of this thread. Wellingham side of things already done as I was told.

Hopefully Hodra is on the money

I really dont know.
Today i was told they would be happy with a quality player and 24.
Problem is sydney dont want to give anyone at this stage.
Which also means its hard to involve other clubs in the deal.
Its only the 5 th day still 16 or so to go.....

Sydney have to give up one of their quality players wont work otherwise
For all those telling us to chill, we won't be shafted, isn't this a bad sign?

Sydney don't want to give anyone, the facts are they don't need to. We've told them we will take anything rather than walk away with nothing. Their recruiters apparently shopped Mitchell and then the CEO vetoed it. We are going to get screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back