Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would definitely tie in with what Rowey was implying.

I wonder if the AFC gave Tippett a letter or something to that effect as The Head Dimwit has said that there is no such clause in his contract as far as the AFL is concerned, as has the club and even Andrew Ireland.

If they did, surely it would have specified that applied if Tippett went home. Hence all the bullshit from Tippett and his manger implying that Sydney was like home to him, having been born there, and having family and friends there.

That'd be my guess. If that is the case, then it wouldn't apply - Sydney isn't his home.

That looks like the most plausible possibility if it were true. But it's Sydney, not gold coast or Brisbane and therefore isn't applicable. But even Ireland has come out said there is no clause but people still insist it exists.

That would definitely tie in with what Rowey was implying.

I wonder if the AFC gave Tippett a letter or something to that effect as The Head Dimwit has said that there is no such clause in his contract as far as the AFL is concerned, as has the club and even Andrew Ireland.

If they did, surely it would have specified that applied if Tippett went home. Hence all the bullshit from Tippett and his manger implying that Sydney was like home to him, having been born there, and having family and friends there.

That'd be my guess. If that is the case, then it wouldn't apply - Sydney isn't his home.

Surely you're not suggesting we actually used the term 'home' in a contract without defining it?

That looks like the most plausible possibility if it were true. But it's Sydney, not gold coast or Brisbane and therefore isn't applicable. But even Ireland has come out said there is no clause but people still insist it exists.

People have formed a perception based upon the public statements of high ranking employees of the club. If its not true its an epic failure on the behalf of the club in terms of public perception.

M23

If there was a letter of intent drafted I avery confident that such a letter would have been crafted by Lawyers and with this in mind if the word home was used it would have been done so under strict definition

Just listened to the Harper interview... key points I got out of it:

Never did he say that we wouldn't send Tippett to the PSD. He specifically said we wouldn't redraft him under any circumstance, which is perfectly logical if you want to have anyone playing for us next season. He then said even if we got nothing for him, our team would still be very good next season, but then went on to say ideally this wouldn't be the case and the club would obviously prefer to get fair return for the trade (like every club would).

The club knows they won't get a player of Tippett's in return (no club ever does when a star leaves), but believes they will get more than adequate compensation for him. They expect a fair deal to get done.

The club knew about the Sydney rumours 4 weeks before it was announced to the public, so I doubt they went into this period with no idea who or what picks to target from Sydney.

And from reading in between the lines, it looks like the club will only bring in one player through this period, leaving 2 ND picks. After LT re-signed, I highly doubt that player will be Pears. Giles will be worked into the Tippett deal somehow with us getting fair draft picks also IMO. Didn't get any hint at all whether other clubs will be involved though, so I guess we'll just have to take @FAITHs word on that.

Surely you are taking the piss now Faith. How would we know if Rohan would come if Sydney has ruled him out?

Because traditionally you canvas the target before the club. We probably fished through half a dozen possibilities looking for a willing name to take to Sydney in the negotiations, and they knocked it back anyway. Looking like Sydney is going to refuse to budge anywhere from the initial offer.

No i dont....
We will be ok they are negotiating.

We asked for 24 and rohan they said no btw to give some of u guys more to panic bout.

So, Sydney originally said it wouldn't be a premiership player. The only players outside those worth having are Rohan, Mitchell and Parker, and they have said no to those as well. Their lowest draft pick is 22 which on its own is insulting.

Somewhere along the line Sydney are going to have to back down and trade one of their players either directly or indirectly to us or this trade is very unlikely to happen.

M23

If there was a letter of intent drafted I avery confident that such a letter would have been crafted by Lawyers and with this in mind if the word home was used it would have been done so under strict definition

Such a **** up would be enough to get the lowliest of law clerks fired, let alone those ultimately responsible for acting on behalf of a multi million dollar corporate enterprize.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because they don't expect a player of Tippetts quality to come, doesn't mean the deal won't be good.

22 and Mitchell fits into this quote perfectly, but we were all fapping at the possibility of this being true. I would think we'd be pleased if we got Reid for Tippo, but that is still clearly a downgrade on Tippett.

So, Sydney originally said it wouldn't be a premiership player. The only players outside those worth having are Rohan, Mitchell and Parker, and they have said no to those as well. Their lowest draft pick is 22 which on its own is insulting.

Somewhere along the line Sydney are going to have to back down and trade one of their players either directly or indirectly to us or this trade is very unlikely to happen.

Thecreason why Syd can say no at this poin is because their is still two weeks left in the trade period

People have formed a perception based upon the public statements of high ranking employees of the club. If its not true its an epic failure on the behalf of the club in terms of public perception.
It's not their fault there are some moron supporters on an internet forum.

Big focus on Rohan and his miracle rehabilitation (apart from Tippett trade) in the past few days could mean he is about to come into the frame.

These puff pieces suggesting he will be ready to go Round One could be a tool to convince us he is a.o.k and has recovered from the leg. Clever from Sydney if the case.

They may have turned down our request for Rohan + 22 initially, but if he's happy to come here like FAITH says, then that means that it is a definite possibility that the Swans will relent to get the deal done.

Just listened to the Harper interview... key points I got out of it:

Never did he say that we wouldn't send Tippett to the PSD. He specifically said we wouldn't redraft him under any circumstance, which is perfectly logical if you want to have anyone playing for us next season. He then said even if we got nothing for him, our team would still be very good next season, but then went on to say ideally this wouldn't be the case and the club would obviously prefer to get fair return for the trade (like every club would).
The first mention of the PSD was before Cornes brought up Adelaide redrafting him, and it was said in such a way that would suggest that it was not considered an option.
I listened to it in the car, and haven't re-listened yet, so I may have got the wrong idea, but I am certain about that part, and it seems like I'm not the only one who was given that impression by the interview.

Surely you're not suggesting we actually used the term 'home' in a contract without defining it?
Well that would be pretty sloppy from all involved if the word 'home' is used in a contract. I'll have to listen to the harper interview before making anything else up ;)
M23

If there is such a letter, and it's only a theory based on what Rowey is implying, you'd have to think it would be very precise and specify Queensland as home, to cover both Brisbane and the GC.

Isn't the main rule of negotiating, if you are trying to buy something, is start at the lowest price possible. Sydney are following this rule to perfection. Then you try and find a compromise between the two parties.

Just because the Swans have said they're willing to do X,Y right now, doesn't mean thats the case in over TWO WEEKS TIME.

If I was trying to buy something at an Auction, I wouldn't put in my first bid at top dollar.

The buyer will go to the seller and say "I'll pay $20 for that". The seller will then say "$40 is my best price". The buyer will then say "what about $30, does that sound fair?". The seller will then accept the $30 price.

I've got no doubt the talks between the AFC and SFC will play out this way. Sydney are currently putting in the $20 price (22 plus spud), but know that won't get it done. $30 will be around the mark (Pick 10 from 3 team deal, 22 plus rohan).

I'm really really surprised by the mass panic it's really quite funny. I really wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with Horlin Smith and Brodie Grundy on our list after draft night Really believe the club has something up it's sleeve here

Sorry yh syd first pick. They are looking at everything as u would expect.
rohan was happy to come to....
:) fantastic that Rohan wants to come ........sounds like it still may be a possibility as the most difficult aspect of this type of trade is convincing a player to shift states

If Rohan is OK with moving .....then the deal of Rohan & 22 is go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back