TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

I did. Thought it was a great show!

Yeah same. Thoughts on the main event result?

X-Division title ending was really well done. Match was great as well.

Yeah same. Thoughts on the main event result?

X-Division title ending was really well done. Match was great as well.

loved it. I really didn't think it was Joe's time and think he should be winning the world title in a 1v1 feud at BFG - especially with it being in London. It's not like his contract is about to expire so love that they're backing their plans in and not being trigger happy.

I think the Montreal screw job has been done to death, but this was the exception. Made for a truly beautiful moment. Wrestling can be many things - but moments like that seldom come along. Very fitting end to Ali's reign.

Slammiversary notes:
Matt Hardy beat Johnny Dango Curtis. Crowd was doing his old Fandango chant. Post-match Matt Hardy gave JDC a couple more twists of fate.

The ABC won the TNA Tag Titles from The System.

Mike Santana beat Jake Something.

The Rascalz beat NXT's No Quarter Catch Crew.

PCO won The Digital Media Title & The International Heavyweight Title vs AJ Francis in a Montreal Street Fight. Was a heap of interference during the match, and Rhino made the save to level it up. Post-match Steph De Lander proposed to PCO and they got engaged haha.

Jordynne Grace retained The Knockouts Title vs Ash By Elegance.

Speedball won the X Division Title from Mustafa Ali. Veda Scott was at ringside. Heap of interference from Ali's security that Trent Seven tried to stop. Earl Hebner came down the ramp at Ali's request but refused to screw Speedball.

Nic Nemeth won the TNA World Title vs Moose, Joe Hendry, Kazarian, Steve Maclin and Josh Alexander in a 6 Way Elimination match in the main event. Maclin eliminated by Moose. Moose eliminated by Hendry. Hendry eliminated by Josh Alexander via low blow. Alexander and Kazarian eliminated by Nemeth.

Added to Impact:
Jordynne Grace and Eric Young vs Hammerstone and Ash By Elegance.

was
Nemeth
really the best choice?
Thoughts
He's capable of good main events, Joe Hendry is very basic in ring despite his popularity. Josh Alexander with a blow on Hendry though during the match might spin out into it's own program perhaps.

was
Nemeth
really the best choice?

Absolutely.
the money is in the chase. Give Hendry a meaningful feud leading into BFG London to win the title. Right now he's an extremely over walking talking meme. A meaningful feud to help take him to an extremely over MAIN EVENTER is both pivotal this his first reign being a success, but IMO his future prospects in WWE. His meme lord persona will eventually lose its current vitality, so showing he can be sustainable on more than meme videos is going to be paramount to his long term success.

Absolutely.
the money is in the chase. Give Hendry a meaningful feud leading into BFG London to win the title. Right now he's an extremely over walking talking meme. A meaningful feud to help take him to an extremely over MAIN EVENTER is both pivotal this his first reign being a success, but IMO his future prospects in WWE. His meme lord persona will eventually lose its current vitality, so showing he can be sustainable on more than meme videos is going to be paramount to his long term success.
Disagree with that opinion completely. Id suggest Hendry is more in your Jey Uso path then Zac Ryder this way. Zac Ryder struggled to move lord persona inside the ring. Hendry has done that. Hendry 10x better on the mic then Ryder was.

WWE has some shocking wrestlers in high up spots based on the 2 aspects of a good entrance, good crowd interaction and good mic skills. Jey Uso best example for sure

Disagree with that opinion completely. Id suggest Hendry is more in your Jey Uso path then Zac Ryder this way. Zac Ryder struggled to move lord persona inside the ring. Hendry has done that. Hendry 10x better on the mic then Ryder was.

WWE has some shocking wrestlers in high up spots based on the 2 aspects of a good entrance, good crowd interaction and good mic skills. Jey Uso best example for sure

You disagree that his gimmick is not that of memes right now? I've been a fan of his for a long time and think he's a main event level talent waiting to happen, but I think it's important that it's a sustainable approach. I also agree that his ceiling is much higher than Cardonas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You disagree that his gimmick is not that of memes right now? I've been a fan of his for a long time and think he's a main event level talent waiting to happen, but I think it's important that it's a sustainable approach. I also agree that his ceiling is much higher than Cardonas.
I disagree that it is the start and wont branch out to more mainly. He will transition it into something more meaningful 100%

Maybe I misunderstood mostly. I thought you are saying he wont transition it past memes

No, absolutely not. He will transition into a main eventer. My point was more it's important to take the time to develop him into a long term, sustainable main eventer as opposed to just trying to cash in short term. He's got a very bright future. I believe ;)

TNA Impact notes this week:
Nic Nemeth said he will be a fighting champion and will fight any wrestler from any company. Then Ali came out and said he was screwed in his match at Slammiversary. Ali has a new campaign, to make the TNA World Title great again, and wants a title shot next week.

Backstage Kazarian wanted a world title shot, Nic Nemeth told him to go to the back of the line, Ryan Nemeth said he's got unfinished business with Kaz, and Santino made that match for next week.

Steve Maclin beat Cody Deaner.

AJ Francis beat Sami Callihan via interference from a First Class member.

Ash By Elegance and Hammerstone beat Jordynne Grace and Eric Young.

Josh Alexander (with a new theme) didn't offer an explanation as to why he turned heel, he simply dropped the mic and walked out.

Broken Matt Hardy and The ABC beat Eddie Edwards, Brian Myers and JDC due to Moose accidentally spearing JDC, in the main event

Next week on Impact:
GTXxnxnW0AA9Luy

The Rascalz beat Kushida, Trent Seven and Speedball.

Kazarian beat Ryan Nemeth. Post-match Josh Alexander beat up Ryan Nemeth.

Mike Santana cut a promo saying he wants to fight Moose and then go on and win the TNA World Title.

Nic Nemeth retained the TNA World Title vs Mustafa Ali. Post-match Josh Alexander was standing on the ramp.

In the last seg, PCO and Steph De Lander were getting married, Santino the Priest, Rhino was the best man, Xia Brookside the maid of honor. First Class interrupted to watch the "Freak show". As PCO was about to kiss the bride, Matt Cardona showed up pretending he had a gift, but it was a gift wrapped brick which he hit PCO in the head with. Then Cardona wanted to leave with De Lander, but De Lander yelled at him for ruining the wedding.

Next week on Impact:

Added to Emergence:

Speedball beat Trent Seven and Jake Something in a 3 way qualifier to get into Ultimate X at Emergence. If Speedball lost he would have vacated X Division Title. Good opener.

Backstage Hammerstone got Santino to put him in a a 3 way qualifier, Eric Young also said he's got unfinished business with Hammerstone. Speedball also invited both of ABC to get into a 3 way qualifier.

Backstage Jonathan Gresham as his normal self (not with the black mask gimmick) claimed that he was ill and is ok now. Then Kushida beat Jonathan Gresham.

Jordynne Grace had an open challenge and retained the Knockouts Title vs Rosemary via DQ because Ash By Elegance came in and beat them both up with Kendo Stick.

Josh Alexander cut a promo saying he turned heel because TNA is supposed to be where the best pro wrestlers are, and called Joe Hendry a meme, not a wrestler. Then Alexander called out Nic Nemeth and called him a transitional champ, then Nic Nemeth showed up and superkicked Alexander.

Backstage Kazarian was upset and complaining to Santino about not being in line for a World Title shot.

Zachary Wentz beat NXT's Dante Chen, and KC Navarro in a 3 way qualifier to get into Ultimate X.

PCO and Steph De Lander's marriage went through, and De Lander was at the honeymoon, but PCO wasn't there. She was trying to contact PCO, but it turns out Matt Cardona was outside the building with some goons beating up PCO.

Joe Hendry beat NXT's Wolfgang in the main event.

Backstage Santana and Moose had a pull apart brawl to end the show.

Next week on Impact:
1723180660780.png
GUgcHhIW4AALg0-

Remove this Banner Ad

TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back