Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I'll pay this response.

I disagree with you on this case, Bay Giant (I think the case is marginal. But I personally think the reverse angle is enough to convict). Nevertheless, I offer you personally nothing but respect. You've been putting on a clinic in this thread.
Cheers mate.

On what ground? You need new evidance

GWS were trying to get Chris Fagan to give evidence as well if needed. It was not used.

It will add credence to the Neale's statement that he felt contact on nose.

To better and more accurately depict the proximity of greene's hand and fingers? Upon closer viewings?
The charge is now what it is. If its defensible as some suggest, the game doesnt change with this slight alteration of the charge.
The charge is contact not gouging.
High don’t argues are careless if not intentional contact with the face and with much greater force than a misplaced hand in a tackle and HTB appeal.

Dean Rioli's reputation as a mild-mannered, skilful player was sullied last night by a three-match suspension for eye-gouging. It will serve as yet another interruption in the troubled Bomber's football career and increase the degree of difficulty as Essendon negotiates a tricky part of the season without another of its stars.
Only the Western Bulldogs' Tony Liberatore, found guilty of clawing Brisbane's Craig McRae in 1999, has been suspended for a similar offence in recent years.
Rioli pleaded not guilty to eye-gouging Sydney's Paul Williams late in the third quarter of the first AFL game to be played at Stadium Australia.
He told the tribunal that Williams had "hit me in the balls".

Dean Rioli's reputation as a mild-mannered, skilful player was sullied last night by a three-match suspension for eye-gouging. It will serve as yet another interruption in the troubled Bomber's football career and increase the degree of difficulty as Essendon negotiates a tricky part of the season without another of its stars.
Only the Western Bulldogs' Tony Liberatore, found guilty of clawing Brisbane's Craig McRae in 1999, has been suspended for a similar offence in recent years.
Rioli pleaded not guilty to eye-gouging Sydney's Paul Williams late in the third quarter of the first AFL game to be played at Stadium Australia.
He told the tribunal that Williams had "hit me in the balls".
Fev got done for gouging. 2005.

None of the evidence I have seen makes him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. The player he is supposed to have raked his fingers over denied that that was the case..yada yada yada. Taken into consideration makes the suspension seem unreasonable.
So you haven’t seen the evidence, but highly intelligent people have been presented with the evidence by some of our best legal minds, and the pros and cons argued at length. But your gut feel overrides the facts as presented. Don’t know why you are wasting your time here, you should be making a fortune picking Keno numbers.

»»The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive or inadequate; the charge was correctly worded and classified

I dont understand how this is correct classification when the player himself said contact was felt on nose and his coach confirmed this was the initial assessment he heard as well.

Only the AFL could be stupid enough to have one of the jury members in this case on TV just 2 weeks ago talking about how he wants Collingwood to win. Whether there’s bias or not this just looks really poor and should be grounds for appeal
Truly staggering. To suggest this wouldn’t have an impact on your judgement is nonsense

So you haven’t seen the evidence, but highly intelligent people have been presented with the evidence by some of our best legal minds, and the pros and cons argued at length. But your gut feel overrides the facts as presented. Don’t know why you are wasting your time here, you should be making a fortune picking Keno numbers.
How much do you reckon Neale should be fined for lying to the tribunal?

High don’t argues are careless if not intentional contact with the face and with much greater force than a misplaced hand in a tackle and HTB appeal.
I think I got your point.
High dont argues dont usually involve time to premeditate contact to the face. What was Greene reaching for? Was he fending off danger?
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Completely different scenarios imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame he won’t learn from this.
They will appeal.

Have to. As much as it hurts losing out on a prelim, this is just dumb from AFL to try n make up for previous week's let off.

I think I got your point.
High dont argues dont usually involve time to premeditate contact to the face. What was Greene reaching for? Was he fending off danger?
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Completely different scenarios imo.
I see your point about there being no time for premeditation.

You did see how aggressive the Lions came out Saturday night - even giving up a free kick after the opening goal so as to prove “how tough they were” which cost them the game?
Nah what cost them the game was poor kicking at goal and stupid last quarter forward 50 entries constantly kicked to Davis
The tough guy stuff was coz they know how your lot play (ie dirty niggling campaigners) and didn’t want to play nice like our boys.

Nah what cost them the game was poor kicking at goal and stupid last quarter forward 50 entries constantly kicked to Davis
The tough guy stuff was coz they know how your lot play (ie dirty niggling campaigners) and didn’t want to play nice like our boys.
The same team that rolled over and had our bellies scratched by your guys and by the Hawks a month ago play like dirty, niggling campaigners?

More like kittens than dirty campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back