Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

No one is asking him to play for under. He has obligation based on contract he signed. Same if he was overpaid for output.

Unfortunately our bad look is now hawks problem. Had we agreed early, we wouldn’t be pressured to hold firm to save face.

Let’s see hawks reputation when barrass stays.
He was asked to play for unders during a tough period with the promise it would be made up to him and the Eagles reneged. He has tried to leave two years running now and if you block him again it is not the Hawks that are the bad guys. The media can sprout all they want but in a small enough industry where all the players talk to each other the truth is a bit more valid coming from a player involved rather than the click machine. It is not the Hawks reputation I’d be worrying about.

He was asked to play for unders during a tough period with the promise it would be made up to him and the Eagles reneged. He has tried to leave two years running now and if you block him again it is not the Hawks that are the bad guys. The media can sprout all they want but in a small enough industry where all the players talk to each other the truth is a bit more valid coming from a player involved rather than the click machine. It is not the Hawks reputation I’d be worrying about.

lol, you know why he played for unders do you? What tough times are you talking about? It’s not a poor club like yours where you play under a just so you can pay electricity .

Nowhere does it say we reneged. We offered, he wasn’t happy with that.

And either way, he signed the contract even though his own manager advised him not to. So happy or not, unders or not, he has the chains and we are the only ones who have the key. We and no one else.

Expecting hawks final offer at 7.25pm tonight to be F1 & F2 for Barrass.. take it or leave it

Wouldn't blame the Eagles for holding him given he's contracted but the hawks can't sell the farm for him

What is 29 Y/O Tom Barrass worth?

Putting aside teams that don't know how to trade
Pick 3 = Pick 12, 14 and Owies :tearsofjoy:
Liam Baker 26 Y/O - Pick 14 (supposedly) :tearsofjoy:
Dan Houston 27 Y/O 2 x AA - Mish mash but effectively F1 and F2

We have:
Bailey Smith 23 Y/O (4 x 22 under 22) - Pick 17 (currently)
Daniel Rioli 27 Y/O B&F 2024 - R1 and R2 (with R3 sent back)
Shai Bolton 25 Y/O 1 x AA - effectively 2 mid F1

Meanwhile Eagles - 2 x F1 or GTFO

Edit: By any objective measure Pick 14 was fair value (or F1 + F2 - with F3 in return)

Last edited:
Expecting hawks final offer at 7.25pm tonight to be F1 & F2 for Barrass.. take it or leave it

Wouldn't blame the Eagles for holding him given he's contracted but the hawks can't sell the farm for him
I think we all agree that is the trade that gets done. Last I heard, Hawthorn wanted the F3 back as well which is probably the hold up.

I think we all agree that is the trade that gets done. Last I heard, Hawthorn wanted the F3 back as well which is probably the hold up.
Yep that's where the hawks offer stands according to Twomey. Given F3 will likely be ~40 and F2 ~30 i can see why Eagles haven't agreed to the trade. I was under the impression Eagles are still asking for 2 x F1s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are a poor club?

Oh boy, somebody better let the club know because they've gone and built a 100 million dollar facility.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/866406/...wks-to-commence-construction-of-100m-facility
I know WA is said to be a bit behind but the merger talks were squashed a while ago. We have 4 times the amount of teams to compete with here too.

lol, you know why he played for unders do you? What tough times are you talking about? It’s not a poor club like yours where you play under a just so you can pay electricity .
Also, from 6 days ago…

5D10EF2E-F00C-4C6B-AFDE-C9CA559BE834.jpeg

1D3ACF9B-41FB-4275-8975-A1D12A443A9C.jpeg

No one is asking him to play for under. He has obligation based on contract he signed. Same if he was overpaid for output.

Unfortunately our bad look is now hawks problem. Had we agreed early, we wouldn’t be pressured to hold firm to save face.

Let’s see hawks reputation when barrass stays.
We offered
You didn’t agree

Now you get less, because Barrass ain’t staying

Horrible trade period for the WC

We offered
You didn’t agree

Now you get less, because Barrass ain’t staying

Horrible trade period for the WC

If we trade him I don't think we'll get less than whatever the original offer was (there's varying reports on what it actually was)

We'll see but I think WC are genuinely prepared to hold him if it comes to that

No one even if they know are going to post that in an open forum like this.

People post stuff early all the time. As does the media.

What changes if someone posts that its done vs someone posts that its done and confirms the picks?

If it was done more often maybe the AFL would stop the delaying of trades for dramatic purposes and just announce them as they were done.

If we trade him I don't think we'll get less than whatever the original offer was (there's varying reports on what it actually was)

We'll see but I think WC are genuinely prepared to hold him if it comes to that
It will probably be close to the original offer. Taking the original offer though probably means you still have pick 3 or at least a better offer for it

It will probably be close to the original offer. Taking the original offer though probably means you still have pick 3 or at least a better offer for it

We'll see what it ends up, but if its something like an F1+F2, we'll end up with 12, an F1+F2, and Owies instead of pick 3 had we done the Barrass deal first.

Maybe im just coping, but that doesn't seem too bad after all to me really

I can see why the Eagles are so keen to hold onto Barrass at any cost....could be the difference between finishing 16th and 17th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back