Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke re-assuming position?
Bend Over David Broncano GIF by Movistar+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know WA is said to be a bit behind but the merger talks were squashed a while ago. We have 4 times the amount of teams to compete with here too.

Also, from 6 days ago…

View attachment 2143728

View attachment 2143729

Would love to know how they work that out.

Noone has as much money as us in the bank.
We've been the worst club in the comp over the past few years and still get 100k+ members - we have a massive waitlist of ppl who are PAYING to wait in line for membership.

Not saying it's wrong just genuinely curious as to what the metric is.

Would love to know how they work that out.

Noone has as much money as us in the bank.
We've been the worst club in the comp over the past few years and still get 100k+ members - we have a massive waitlist of ppl who are PAYING to wait in line for membership.

Not saying it's wrong just genuinely curious as to what the metric is.
Give us $20 million and we can give you pick #10

Hawks give - pick 33, both f1's and a f2

Eagles give - Their f1 + Barass

Who says no?
It's got everything the Eagles wanted. Both first rounders, the F2 and even pick 33 as a thank you for trading with us.

Eagles will fly up the ladder next year after adding Owies and the premiership experience of Baker and Graham. Their F1 will likely be in the second half of round 1 next year.

A very good result for the Eagles. Hawthorn would have to reluctantly accept this deal.

As a WC fan I have no idea what our actual strategy is or what we want from Hawthorn in this trade specifically.

I can only assume we want Haw H1 + Carl F1 for Barrass + our F2 or similar, or, we don't intend to trade Barrass. Maybe I am in the minority but I don't think this trade makes sense for either side unless Hawthorn believe they are a top 4 cert next year. They are a chance but not enough exposed form to trade out a F1 pick just expecting it to be 15+. Every year good teams slide and teams you expect to take a leap forward don't. But then if they think 2023 was ahead of the curve and they might be mid table in 2024 and contending a year or two later (like Freo in recent years) then trading for Barrass doesn't make sense in the first place. That being said I'll obviously be cheering against any team that trades us a future pick.

Based on current 2024 draft order repeating the trade above would be 11 + 13 for Barrass and 21 before those picks become whatever they become. If Hawthorn are doing that deal (basically 14 + F1 for Barrass + Carl F2 + WC F2) they would be banking on their original draft hand next year going from 15 and 35 ish to 25 (WC) + 30-35 (Carl). If it is Barrass + F3 for F1 + F2 then that's one pick that will probably be 15-20 and an upgrade from 45 to 40. Gross.

If we're just looking for F1 + F2 or F1 + multiple F2s or whatever we are idiots. Who cares about picks that are going to be 30-40+? Carlton were happy to trade F1 + F2 just to get pick 14 this year. If we don't plan on trading Barrass at all (which aligns with our other stupid moves) then why are the clubs still discussing it?

I fully expect us to get a deal done today that is worse than just pick 14 on its own. And then we will come out and make a statement about how much we care about Tom Barrass and the commitment we made to him to get him where he wants.

No it has not.
Not baiting or trolling.

How do you know, do you have any inside knowledge. If so, how far apart are the offer/demands?

Legit question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back