Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

But I was informed by the WCE list manager it was two 1sts or GAGF
Gotta be both firsts now you’ve made finals. Can’t see that pick being worse than 12 and it has a decent chance of being more.

Two teens picks for a player of the calibre you’re getting is a bargain and I think the Hawks know that and will hand them both over.

Different discussion if it’s a top 10 pick but 12 + 14 is pretty similar to 6-8 + F2 that has been thrown around in here for months.

Can’t have your cake and eat it too. Higher finish on the ladder means you need to find something else.

Gotta be both firsts now you’ve made finals. Can’t see that pick being worse than 12 and it has a decent chance of being more.

Two teens picks for a player of the calibre you’re getting is a bargain and I think the Hawks know that and will hand them both over.

Different discussion if it’s a top 10 pick but 12 + 14 is pretty similar to 6-8 + F2 that has been thrown around in here for months.

Can’t have your cake and eat it too. Higher finish on the ladder means you need to find something else.
Yeah

It won’t be two firsts

I don't think two firsts are a bargain, nor do I expect Hawthorn to willingly hand them over, but that should be our starting point. Hawthorn are in a fantastic position list wise and will be able to successfully round out their list with lower picks.

Barrass + F2 for 12 + F1

All this huffing and puffing by club people is laughable. There's legit already going to he a framework in getting this done.

But to Hawks people let's say you win the cup is that all your going to offer? Pick 18.

The amount has likely been agreed by both clubs it's a matter of how to get there.

Steak knives will be thrown. But in saying all that this huffing and puffing is laughable as there is likely a mutual understanding Between both clubs

Always the case - 1st rounders bandied around as though their value are homogenous.

picks 1 and 2 he is not worth

Picks 17 and 18 he would be

We unfortunately do not have a great track record of extracting value like some other clubs when we have the whip hand of a 3 year contract. We play the game of "well if we just trade nicely, others will trade nicely with us". That appears to have only worked with the bulldogs.

I don't think two firsts are a bargain, nor do I expect Hawthorn to willingly hand them over, but that should be our starting point. Hawthorn are in a fantastic position list wise and will be able to successfully round out their list with lower picks.

Barrass + F2 for 12 + F1
For a player you’re giving a huge contract it’s a bargain.

Can’t be going after a contracted rival star with a big deal and then hit the opposition club with a single pick in the teens. They’ll be laughed out of the room.

They made the move. Now make the trade happen. Not really our issue how they get the value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks first, Watson, Nash for Barrass and Petrucelle.
Lets Go Flirt GIF by Marvel Studios

I know there has been alot of postering in this trade thread but this has been the vibe I've been getting all along.

WC are being just as aggressive here as we were few years back, moving Barrass on means they open a spot up for Edwards and they also will get a first to add to the youth around Harley.

It's more important to WC to add as many quality under 22 players as quick as possible to start getting games into them together. Demanding overs and killing the Barrass deal doesn't help them long term.

As long as the pick doesn't blow out to 18+ I can see this one being pretty smooth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back