Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not negotiating, i don't work for Hawthorn, noone here does, noone here works for WC

Pointing out the idiotic nature of WC fans acting like they have a say in what happens
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No, it isn't, unless it's for free. Why would WCE include a bloke that's getting delisted in a trade for an elite KPD?

I bet you thought Brockman was a possibility when trying to trade for Reid last year.

Our list manager laughed in your face.
I've always said it'll be a first rounder and a future 2nd. With DGB maybe thrown in on top.

Laugh all you want. That's a fair deal for a 29 year old, and you know it.

Try and bend us over, and you can keep him.

I've always said it'll be a first rounder and a future 2nd. With DGB maybe thrown in on top.

I've not much of an issue with a first and 2nd/F2nd with haggling over steak knives.

It's the knobs who say first and DGB that are trolling.

Discuss what you want but do it in good faith.

Trying to include a bloke about to be delisted for an elite KPD is Bay 13 levels of trolling.

People may offer their opinions, and sending DGB to WC as a trade rather than a DFA, whether it offers value to the trade or not, is a reasonable offering

Same reason we traded for Mass

And DGB isn't being delisted, a contract has been offered

I've not much of an issue with a first and 2nd/F2nd with haggling over steak knives.

It's the knobs who say first and DGB that are trolling.
Wont be our 2nd this year, as we'll need to take a pick to the draft.

Reckon it's been agreed to in principle and will get done early. So you can use the extra first rounder in other deals you may be involved in.

Yea, its not as if WC hasn't given into player demands in the past. I seem to recall the monster long-term contracts given to McGovern and Gaff.

Seems to me that WC has given too much of their salary cap to the wrong candidates.

Is West Coast the only club to have done this?

Yes. Recent experience has been painfull extending big c9ntracts to older players who break down.

Yes, but you seem to have missed the important point that such a universe doesn't actually exist.

Rioli is not worth pick 6.
Bolton is close to 9 and 10, but there must be something going across with Bolton to get both of those picks back.
They are worth that as they are contracted, as is Barrass. Uncontracted it’s a different story.

An extra first wouldn't be bending you over though. I've suggested sending our F2 back. Other WCE fans have suggested sending our F3 back. Both represent better points value than receiving a second rounder from you with nothing going back short of Hawthorn capitulating next year.

An extra first wouldn't be bending you over though. I've suggested sending our F2 back. Other WCE fans have suggested sending our F3 back. Both represent better points value than receiving a second rounder from you with nothing going back short of Hawthorn capitulating next year.
Your right a pick swap is better points value than a straight F2nd but think of it this way....
Would WC accept three 2nd round picks for Barrass instead of your proposal?
That would also be better points value.

Yes, but you seem to have missed the important point that such a universe doesn't actually exist.

Rioli is not worth pick 6.
Bolton is close to 9 and 10, but there must be something going across with Bolton to get both of those picks back.
Those picks only come from the lazy journo's looking at the picks held by destination club. So Rioli to Gold Coast and they just assume GC give up their top pick with no shuffling or getting anything back.

Just like Journos continue the lie that Adelaide offered Melbourne 2023 pick #8 and a future 1st (2024 pick #4). For Harrison Petty. They just ignore half the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right a pick swap is better points value than a straight F2nd but think of it this way....
Would WC accept three 2nd round picks for Barrass instead of your proposal?
That would also be better points value.
Your list is in a great spot. You can afford a pick downgrade over losing a draft pick.

Hope the Eagles are at least seeing who else is interested. TB preference might be Hawks but that's all it is... a preference
No, that's the club he wants to go to. This isn't the NBA and it comes up with big talking fans every year.

YOU CANNOT TRADE A PLAYER WITHOUT CONSENT. So either you hold them to contract or trade them where they want. West Coast cannot trade Barrass to StKilda no matter what they offer in a trade.

Brad Sewell nearly got trade to Melbourne for Ryan Ferguson. Sewell, Melbourne and Hawthorn all agreed, but Ferguson knocked it back and we were stuff with Sewell for a few premierships and a BnF.

Its actually hilarious how many hawks supporters are in here trying to deny what they already know in their heart is basically locked in, Hawks 1st + f1 for Barrass.

Sammy wants Tommy very badly, clearly. He will pay up for it.

Nothing wrong with that, hawks getting a good deal there
Oh you are going to be so upset

No, that's the club he wants to go to. This isn't the NBA and it comes up with big talking fans every year.

YOU CANNOT TRADE A PLAYER WITHOUT CONSENT. So either you hold them to contract or trade them where they want. West Coast cannot trade Barrass to StKilda no matter what they offer in a trade.

Brad Sewell nearly got trade to Melbourne for Ryan Ferguson. Sewell, Melbourne and Hawthorn all agreed, but Ferguson knocked it back and we were stuff with Sewell for a few premierships and a BnF.
All of that's irrelevant.

They can simply say to Tom that they tried to facilitate a trade with Hawthorn but they refused to come to the party.

We know you want to move to Melbourne, here's X club who are prepared to offer you the same contract Hawthorn will and have offered a suitable trade deal.

Tom's requested Hawthorn because they've offered what he's happy with, pure and simple.

If another club comes with a matching offer and a better trade deal, he's the type of person who'd readily accept it.

Your list is in a great spot. You can afford a pick downgrade over losing a draft pick.
If we were planning to take the pick to the draft that might be true but Hawthorn might have irons in other fires, if not this year next year, and 1st Rd picks are much more important on the trade table than 2nds.

Oh you are going to be so upset
I dunno mate. You’re the one replying to every single person in this thread saying ‘this is what will happen. It’s a certainty, there are no other possibilities. It WILL be a first rounder and a sweetener’

If the deal gets done for anything other than exactly what you’ve been preaching, you’re going to look a bit silly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back