Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Popped in to ask this exact question and I think you’ve answered it for me

Surely pick 3 is worth more than what Carlton is offering ?

What’s the general consensus from WC supporters about splitting pick 3 ?

We'd burn down Min Res if they even consider the Carlton offer for one second

It's embarrassingly bad and already been rejected on the weekend. Adding Matt Owies doesn't change anything

I love how F1sts are being valued at their worst possible position. They may well be picks in the 20s, but could also be pick 7 and 8 with a couple injuries or a drop off of form. Given the uncertainty, you have to value them where those teams F1sts are currently (12 and 14).

Would I give 12 and 14 for a 25 year old Barrass - pre back problems, yes.

12 and 14 for a 29 year old Barrass - it's not even in the ballpark
Of course they're being valued at their worst possible position, because we don't know what that position will be, however we did know what 14 was, so WCE can only assume it'll be worst case scenario, because Hawthorn will be better after acquiring Barrass and Carlton are a team that should make finals again, and made a prelim just last year.

Yes, they certainly may be better than that but next year's first round is already full of academy and father son picks, which we already know.

So, with this year being a “super draft” and next years picks being “undesirable”, it seems that the best thing for WCE to have done was take the pick 14 we originally offered?
And supposedly today it's been reported 14 was never offered to begin with.

So for all the melts, perhaps Hawks are simply going about trying to satisfy WCE's demands?

I love how F1sts are being valued at their worst possible position. They may well be picks in the 20s, but could also be pick 7 and 8 with a couple injuries or a drop off of form. Given the uncertainty, you have to value them where those teams F1sts are currently (12 and 14).

Would I give 12 and 14 for a 25 year old Barrass - pre back problems, yes.

12 and 14 for a 29 year old Barrass - it's not even in the ballpark
Expected value of you and Carltons f1s is in ther pick 13-14 area, for both.
Its a weaker draft than this year, and there are more academy and f/s kids next year. Using the expected values, we can safely assume theyll end up around 18/19.
Package up those 2 picks youll only get up to 12 or 13, obviously depending on the draft, but on an average year it'd be in that ballpark.
Then you have to account for the years delay, thats a negative, lets drop it back 1 pick because of the wait(should move it back more, but ill do you guys a favour) to 13/14 value.

So that values Barrass at 13/14 if you trade your 2 f1s for Barrass with no return.
Thats pretty reasonable, thats around what you guys wanted to offer anyway right?

Therefore Barrass for your 2x f1s with no return is fair. :thumbsupemoji:

Hope you can follow

We'd burn down Min Res if they even consider the Carlton offer for one second

It's embarrassingly bad and already been rejected on the weekend. Adding Matt Owies doesn't change anything
I’m with you there
Seems like madness just to try and get the Baker thing over the line

Wouldn’t the simpler thing be to off load Barrass to whomever ( probably Hawthorn) for a F1 + then hand that on to Tigers for Baker ?

Surely that makes more sense and puts Bakers value at Hawthorns 2025 pick around 10-14 ( probably overs but depends how much WC value him )

Of course they're being valued at their worst possible position, because we don't know what that position will be, however we did know what 14 was, so WCE can only assume it'll be worst case scenario, because Hawthorn will be better after acquiring Barrass and Carlton are a team that should make finals again, and made a prelim just last year.

Yes, they certainly may be better than that but next year's first round is already full of academy and father son picks, which we already know.

We have no way of knowing what next year will look like - if WC is making the worst possible assumption then wouldn't Hawks need to do the same? So how does Barrass for pick 8 and pick 10 sound (not an unreasonable scenario)?

We don't know anything about next year's first round. Kids develop a lot in 12 months. Look at every top 30 prospects before the final year of juniors starts and let me know how close it us to the actual draft...

Its a weaker draft than this year, and there are more academy and f/s kids next year. Using the expected values, we can safely assume theyll end up around 18/19.
Package up those 2 picks youll only get up to 12 or 13, obviously depending on the draft, but on an average year it'd be in that ballpark.
Then you have to account for the years delay, thats a negative, lets drop it back 1 pick because of the wait(should move it back more, but ill do you guys a favour) to 13/14 value.

So that values Barrass at 13/14 if you trade your 2 f1s for Barrass with no return.
Thats pretty reasonable, thats around what you guys wanted to offer anyway right?

Hope you can follow
It's not even close to reasonable

14 was never offered on its own?

I’ve been busy today, I’ll trust your word, but I find it hard to believe
Supposedly it wasn't offered at all.

This is according to Will Schofield, who's close to Barrass.

He's also not a noted newsbreaker, so who knows if it's true or not, but he talked about it on his podcast this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you can follow
lmao your cooked.

Supposedly it wasn't offered at all.

This is according to Will Schofield, who's close to Barrass.

He's also not a noted newsbreaker, so who knows if it's true or not, but he talked about it on his podcast this morning.
Lol MM stated himself that he knew a significant would be required ala ppick14. To say it wasn't offered is a lie. WC full of liars

Out of contract.

There was also pick 10 involved. Hardly same thing mate. Or are you one of these that still thinks a first rounder is same no matter what number it is?

Better is speculative.

They’re clearly not all the same.

Just like players in contract aren’t all the same.

Some are wanted, and want to stay. Some want to leave and their current club needs to rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back