Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I’m not trying to negotiate on behalf of the club here 🤣

Barres is not someone we should be mortgaging our future for. If West Coast value him so highly I really hope we just say keep him.

One first + F2 is where I hope we draw the line. No idea of the club agrees but any more is more than I think he is worth.
How is that deal mortgaging your future? You've been rebuilding for years, you have young mids who are still fresh and not even close to their peak, you have a potential forward line barring a strong kpf, your only significant weakness is your full back.
You are entering your premiership window, you could argue that it would be irresponsible to go to the draft again, players are far more helpful

How is that deal mortgaging your future? You've been rebuilding for years, you have young mids who are still fresh and not even close to their peak, you have a potential forward line barring a strong kpf, your only significant weakness is your full back.
You are entering your premiership window, you could argue that it would be irresponsible to go to the draft again, players are far more helpful

With the Tasmanian team likely to monopolise the next few drafts I would say it's irresponsible to overpay for a 29 year old with a bad back.
I would think the finals show that hawthorn is still a fair way off being competitive; they need a forward who can take a mark and more class in the midfield. The one area they are well stacked is in the backline.

I still don’t buy the bolded.

If you wanted to keep him you would be in such an easy position to make him happy contract wise without hindering your salary cap.

I very much believe Weat Coast see this as a win win
If they wanted to keep him no way they let him say his farewell at the bnf...it's obvious to everyone

Like I said from beginning first and future 2nd wrap it up already

That's going to be something like 17 + 40 on draft night. Imagine getting that for Sicily.

That's going to be something like 17 + 40 on draft night. Imagine getting that for Sicily.
Sicily is a better player mate should have been two time all australian apart from being our captain and best player. Don't get me wrong Barrass is really good. I think it will be a mutual agreement. The negotiations have been really respectful between both clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back