Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

nah it was 14 and f2...eagles were stuffing around so hawks said screw this.....

deal will be done for f1 and f2...just posturing from eagles

Better deal for Eagles anyway

Tougher draw and Other teams putting more work into Hawks will see them finish lower next year anyway

Tougher draw and Other teams putting more work into Hawks will see them finish lower next year anyway
This is like when you told us in July we’d not make finals because we had a soft run and were about to play tougher teams.

I just don’t know how Eagles fans will ever be able to come to terms with not taking 14 and then having to lose Pick 3 to eventually get it off Carlton.

Splitting a top 5 pick when you didn’t need to is just mind blowing to me.

So the Eagles turned their noses up at Pick 14 + future 2nd and a future 3rd coming our way.

Instead of coughing up what will be a pick in the late 30s-40s next year they decide to trade away pick 3 for 12 + 14 and two short out of contract (one which they will spend pick 14 on).

Mind boggling.

Do no hopers like this think that coaching staff just sit there for 24 rounds doing zero Oppo analysis on the team with the 5th hardest draw last year

Genuinely concerning behavior

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth 2 firsts is true, but doesn't mean he's a better player, and doesn't impact my assessment that Barrass is worth 2 future firsts. Part of that is fueled by the fact Hawks tanked the 14 + second deal which had the Baker deal hanging off it, if you force us into a weaker draft with a worse hand, that's on you, and you have to pay up.

Sicily is again elite, but a KPP is worth more than a 3rd tall defender. All things being equal, Sicily is probably a better player, but a top 10 KPP is better than a top 10 3rd tall/rebounding defender.

Sicily can do what McGovern does and Hurn could do with his kicking, at the same time. There really is no comparison.

I think it will be the Hawks F1 plus Carlton’s F1 and F2 that the Hawks own, to the WCE.

Hawks get Barrass, Reid and the WCE F1
Based solely on how Eagles have gone so far this trade period, I’ve FTFY.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back