Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if you could guarantee it was 13,13 for Barrass and 20, like, already had the picks then yes, I think Hawks could be swindled into it. You guys wouldnt all be wanting it so badly if it was that simple though.
A) Nothing is guaranteed next year and the increase in value is exponential the further they fall
B) While you'd hope the change in points value helps a bit, the 2nd round is always significantly more compromised (as WC fans know as much as anyone).

13 and 30 is a pretty good deal, lets see which team folds first.
If it was to end up as 13+30 I wouldnt be upset. I wouldnt want it to be any less that that though.

I dont think youre being totally honest here

I cant think of anybody of note
I’m being completely honest you wouldn’t want to lose Sicily because he could be the difference between a flag, so you would put a high price on his head hoping it would deter any buyers and he stays but if you got a top 10 pick for a 30 year old you would have to take it IMO.

The fact that the Eagles are usually a team that players want to get to not leave especially West Aussie born contracted players tells me there’s something really wrong there between him and the club.

Anyway I still think it’ll be pick 13 and change but I’ll be happy with 2 firsts as long as your 2nd this year comes with Barras!

Age, reported injury concerns and club not following through with verbal agreement on contract renegotiation suggests there is no way our R1+F1 will be involved in this. R1 + F2 seems about correct

I’m being completely honest you wouldn’t want to lose Sicily because he could be the difference between a flag, so you would put a high price on his head hoping it would deter any buyers and he stays but if you got a top 10 pick for a 30 year old you would have to take it IMO.
I meant if you were in a similar position to us with Sicily being on the trade table, I didnt really make it clear.
You wouldnt settle for pick 13, or you know hes better than that despite his age.
The fact that the Eagles are usually a team that players want to get to not leave especially West Aussie born contracted players tells me there’s something really wrong there between him and the club.
He wants more money? I thought it was well established lol
Anyway I still think it’ll be pick 13 and change but I’ll be happy with 2 firsts as long as your 2nd this year comes with Barras!
If we had to give up 23 instead of f2 id probably go for it tbh

I meant if you were in a similar position to us with Sicily being on the trade table, I didnt really make it clear.
You wouldnt settle for pick 13, or you know hes better than that despite his age.

He wants more money? I thought it was well established
The problem is age is a big factor in these things, look how the afl come up with there compo picks to clubs? Age is a big factor!

Yes well established that all he wants is more money! Pretty easy thing to fix and he stays!

The problem is age is a big factor in these things, look how the afl come up with there compo picks to clubs? Age is a big factor!

Yes well established that all he wants is more money! Pretty easy thing to fix and he stays!
We arent in a position where giving him even more money on top of what we already boosted his pay to is of benefit to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's why he just accepted a Life Membership, and made a speech declaring his love for the club and how much he will cherish his time spent here.

Relationship seems untenable.

I think if you could guarantee it was 13,13 for Barrass and 20, like, already had the picks then yes, I think Hawks could be swindled into it. You guys wouldnt all be wanting it so badly if it was that simple though.
A) Nothing is guaranteed next year and the increase in value is exponential the further they fall
B) While you'd hope the change in points value helps a bit, the 2nd round is always significantly more compromised (as WC fans know as much as anyone).

13 and 30 is a pretty good deal, lets see which team folds first.
This is a bloody great deal and west coast make out like bandits
#13 is right on his value specially for a player that has left under bad terms

Cannot see 1 other team that would offer anything more than your posted for Barrass

He has been regarded as one of the best KPD in the league for years now, without ever being in the top 3-4 at any time.

Hes always been a bit overshadowed by McGovern too who would be the best KPD of the last 15 or so years, so its understandable why you wouldnt have heard much about Barrass over in Vic.

Barrass is not another Ben McKay
That is a shame as Ben McKay is a better one on one defender over their career

Screenshot_20240919_232234_AFL.jpg

And last year

Screenshot_20240919_232157_AFL.jpg

Last edited:
If it was to end up as 13+30 I wouldnt be upset. I wouldnt want it to be any less that that though.
then get ready to be disappointed.. LMAO.

Don't want to give up our pick 30 as that can be used to trade up to 1st round if someone is interested in our depth players.

13+F2 for Barrass + F3 is where it will end up. Overs but need to help Eagles save face.

This has to be right up there with one of the most uninformed and dumb comments in this thread.
Barrass doesnt sit on a KPF and make that KPF his only objective, there is more to a KPDs job than just following your man around.
What do you think his main job at Hawthorn is going to be?

What do you think his main job at Hawthorn is going to be?
I presume the idea will be to have Scrimshaw and Barrass form a duo trying to emulate what Gov and Barrass had, with Battle being the 3rd tall.

The Eagles dont really set up their backline to have many 1 on 1s, if theres 1on1s theyre generally when the midfield ****s up and the ball comes in too easy

Yeah that's why he just accepted a Life Membership, and made a speech declaring his love for the club and how much he will cherish his time spent here.

Relationship seems untenable.
Is that similar to the interview He did mid year declaring his love for the club and that he wasn’t going anywhere, it was all just a media hyped thing?

People say what there audience want to hear!

Is that similar to the interview He did mid year declaring his love for the club and that he wasn’t going anywhere, it was all just a media hyped thing?

People say what there audience want to hear!
You mean where he was at the B&F and looked happy and joking with everyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back