Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone, but won't get much of a deal elsewhere either recovering from a second ACL.

Doubt we'll get anything useful in compo
Sad if True...

Played 82 games in 8 seasons from 2016-23.

Mind you, he was developed slowly. Did not debut until round 1 of 2018.

I remember that 1st season. Played 20 games in 2018. I thought crows had a solid all round defender.

Round 1 next season, the 2019 season, does an acl, Out for 12 months.

2020, crows struggle all season, but he plays 10 games in 2020.

He then finally has consistency since 2018.

He plays 21 games in 2021 and 20 games in 2022.

He looked solid this year before he did another major injury.

If He made it this season uninjured, He would of got a decent 3 or 4 year deal.

Crows will low ball him, But I see a Victorian side handing him a 3 year deal at around $500,000 a year.

We've now got better replacements coming out of our ears, so highly likely he jumps ship to Geelong as I've heard he's very keen on the can't fail property developments Geelong offer outside of the cap under their Costa Living Allowance

Grundy, Smith and Doedee as well.

They’re printing money over there at Geelong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that's band 3 doesn't it go After first pick after the first round 2nd round?

Yes.

Band 1 = First round (Top 5% of earners)
Band 2 = End of first round (5.1 to 15% of earners)
Band 3 = Second round (15.1 to 30% of earners)
Band 4 = End of second round (30.1 to 50% of earners)
Band 5 = Third round (50.1 to 70% of earners)

...but an AFL expert panel can amend the outcome if it produces what they describe as an anomalous result.

Yes.

...but an AFL expert panel can amend the outcome if it produces what they describe as an anomalous result.
Thats the first time I have ever heard that corrupt bunch of crooks referred to as that

Yes.

When you spell it out like this, it’s unbelievable people are talking about McKay being band 1 with a straight face. Absolute scam.

When you spell it out like this, it’s unbelievable people are talking about McKay being band 1 with a straight face. Absolute scam.
B crouch is a far better player and the AFL world were scathing about the crows wanting pick 2 FA compensation for him.. so yep, it seems insane. There had better be transparency on the offer he gets if they give band 1 for him so the footy world can see it was really worthy of band 1

B crouch is a far better player and the AFL world were scathing about the crows wanting pick 2 FA compensation for him.. so yep, it seems insane. There had better be transparency on the offer he gets if they give band 1 for him so the footy world can see it was really worthy of band 1
Yep…I literally haven’t seen any discussion in the media about his worth like crouch. Only…’if the formula say so’ and ‘what kinda deal would trigger band 1’. It was clear the AFL were never going to give us pick 2 regardless of what the formula said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep…I literally haven’t seen any discussion in the media about his worth like crouch. Only…’if the formula say so’ and ‘what kinda deal would trigger band 1’. It was clear the AFL were never going to give us pick 2 regardless of what the formula said.

crouch was never getting band 1, his contract would need to be equivalent of top 2-3 players at each club. $600k plus performance bonuses was never going to meet the requirement.

That was the rumour before he did his knee... but gather Lions went cold.

The main thing I’ve heard is that he was possibly going to re-sign but Crows lowered their offer. Brisbane is the main name still coming up if he doesn’t re-sign which is more likely now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The main thing I’ve heard is that he was possibly going to re-sign but Crows lowered their offer. Brisbane is the main name still coming up if he doesn’t re-sign which is more likely now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Think he was on the way out before he did his knee as had 2-3 clubs interested.

Crows have lowered their offer that he previously didn't accept.

Sadly his knee injury is going to reduce his salary wherever he ends up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Back