Retiring Tom Hawkins- Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to the most Geelong player in club history.

1722930974299.png

Including his dad and uncle/s, plus maternal grandfather Fred Le Deux, that's a lot of players at the one club someone can be related to.

796 goals is a mighty effort.

Hopefully he plays on and kicks 5 more goals.

Over to Shannon Neale to keep his end up and kick a shitload of goals.

32 finals matches
56 finals goals
46 finals behinds
1.75 goal average in finals
Nice! That makes him top 3-4 all time I think. Great average for a guy that started playing finals so young and over so many games. I see first grand final at age 21 kicked 2 then age 23 was his first big finals series 2011 when he had that amazing game in 2011 Grand Final day his 3rd quarter was the difference, kicked a little inaccurate if he kicked straight and got 5-6 would be one of the most memorable performances, I think.

Nice! That makes him top 3-4 all time I think. Great average for a guy that started playing finals so young and over so many games. I see first grand final at age 21 kicked 2 then age 23 was his first big finals series 2011 when he had that amazing game in 2011 Grand Final day his 3rd quarter was the difference, kicked a little inaccurate if he kicked straight and got 5-6 would be one of the most memorable performances, I think.

Most Goals - Finals

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240806_165800_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240806_165800_Chrome.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 36
What a fantastic career. I'll remember his ability to physically dominate his opponents and those massive boulder shoulders of his. A true power forward in the modern game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before but this guys career whilst rated highly, is still underrated IMO. One of the best to ever do it and very rarely mentioned up there with the great forwards of the game.

I loved the way he worked his butt off to bring teammates into the game. Unlike any geelong key forward ive ever seen in that way.

Let's not forget the bloke exhibited an exceptional leap at the start of his career, setting the APS high jump record, if memory serves correctly. Despite suffering a back injury, he successfully reinvented himself. Additionally, his goal-kicking skills continued to improve over time. Absolute legend !

Remove this Banner Ad

Retiring Tom Hawkins- Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back