Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They kicked your arse by 40 points without him.

You reckon he's good for 7 goals a game?
What is your point, Collingwood and Hawthorn were chasing him hard thats common knowledge, not sure what a one off win has to do with anything.

With lots of small forwards a player doen't necessarily need to kick 7 goals themselves, to.help a team kick 7 extra goals;)

Tom is a fair to middle type of player, just like the Tiggers are.

Got exposed as a middle of the road 1 Peat team. :thumbsu:

Imagine how good you have to be to win 2 Flags in a row. :eek:

Then imagine how good you have to be to win 3 in a row. :eek:

It's just money.

If he doesn't play again, the cap room gets refunded.

Pretty much a free swing.
Hang on, how does that work?

So Hawthorn pay for his contract this year. If he doesn’t play a game this year, they have the benefit of the extra cap room to the value of his contract in 2019?

Or is this if his ankle is completely U/S and he is forced to retire?

Im glad we arent paying him $1m a year over 7 years. That is what you call critical list clogging.
$1m per year for 7 years, what sort of stupid club would do such a thing.

Tom is a fair to middle type of player, just like the Tiggers are.

Got exposed as a middle of the road 1 Peat team. :thumbsu:

Imagine how good you have to be to win 2 Flags in a row. :eek:

Then imagine how good you have to be to win 3 in a row. :eek:
Yeah, while were living in the past, I recall the 73, 74 flags what a team we had:rolleyes:

Now back in the present times as I recall things, we have never lost a final to Hawthorn while our middle of the road team disposed of your straight setters in no uncertain fashion.

Im surprised Hawthorn who chased Lynch all the way and from all reports offered him more money than Richmond havent contacted you about joining their recruitment department, as they seemed to think he was well above middle of the road?:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd want to be getting a flag within the first 2 or 3 years or else its a BUST !
I would think thats the idea, you win some you lose some, no risk no gain.

We took the same risk with Dusty, and within a month of our flag his contract was well and truly paid for.

Remember the cap has to be used Hawthorn tried to get Lynch and failed so instead spent the money on their second choices, you cant not spend it.
He cost us nothing but some cap space and a couple of depth players, we lost none of our premiership 22 and no picks, while pushing every other team that finished above 17th pick back a spot, you cant really lose with the way compo is set up.

If he flops then you push him to another club and make them pay his contract much like happened with Scully and his big pay.

1.9 goals per game is not good reading. Somehow this player has been hyped as the next big thing even though he's 26 and has never torn the competition apart lol.
There is a reason players want out of the Suns not to mention he has been injured.
3 of this years top 4 were chasing him, maybe just maybe they know a little more than you, after all we cant all just change our picks every week to the next big thing.

We took the same risk with Dusty, and within a month of our flag his contract was well and truly paid for.

Remember the cap has to be used Hawthorn tried to get Lynch and failed so instead spent the money on their second choices, you cant not spend it.
He cost us nothing but some cap space and a couple of depth players, we lost none of our premiership 22 and no picks, while pushing every other team that finished above 17th pick back a spot, you cant really lose with the way compo is set up.

If he flops then you push him to another club and make them pay his contract much like happened with Scully and his big pay.
Spot on, should it not work out which is unlikely, I’m sure somebody will be desperate enough to take him off our hands like the Giants were able to offload Scully.

Hang on, how does that work?

So Hawthorn pay for his contract this year. If he doesn’t play a game this year, they have the benefit of the extra cap room to the value of his contract in 2019?

Or is this if his ankle is completely U/S and he is forced to retire?

As I understand it he has come into the club on the long term injury list. His salary doesn't count towards the salary cap until he comes off the long term list.

So if Hawthorn can't get him fit enough to be useful, they don't take him of the LTI list. They still pay him, but he doesn't use up cap room.

The rule exists so that clubs can bring in players from the rookie list to replace long term injured. The elevated rookies' salaries are now part of the cap and could push a club over the top if the injured player they replace still has a salary that counts towards the cap..

Pretty sure we would have been fine going for both.

As I understand it he has come into the club on the long term injury list. His salary doesn't count towards the salary cap until he comes off the long term list.

So if Hawthorn can't get him fit enough to be useful, they don't take him of the LTI list. They still pay him, but he doesn't use up cap room.

The rule exists so that clubs can bring in players from the rookie list to replace long term injured. The elevated rookies' salaries are now part of the cap and could push a club over the top if the injured player they replace still has a salary that counts towards the cap..
That’s not how it works, no player can come to a club on a long term injury list, the absolute earliest a player can be put on is after the rookie draft but they still have to pay him, doesn’t all get counted in the salary cap but a portion is, not sure how much.
At list lodgement nobody is on the LTI list either primary list which Scully is or rookie list, if a player is deemed unable to play for a extended amount of time a rookie can take his spot on the senior list, but no, he may have come to the club with a long term injury but he’s 100% on the senior list until the rookie draft at the earliest if they decide to put him on then but it’s unlikely to happen out of season.

They kicked your arse by 40 points without him.

You reckon he's good for 7 goals a game?
He did kick a bag of 8 earlier this year.
I just can't remember who the Suns were playing that day.
Help me out here, mate.

Fair enough. The rules did change last year though, so clubs no longer need to elevate players from the rookie list. Rookie listed players are available for selection without the need for main listed players to be confirmed LTI etc

Enjoy your overpriced spud, Richmond.
He's not even the best footballer in his own family.
We just signed Beth Lynch, or as we call her: "Best Lynch".
I look forward to your melt next year when Lynch comfortably passes Ben Brown because he’s not completely useless when the ball hits the ground unlike one trick pony Sideshow Bob.

Back