Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get him great
If we dont. Meh...
Jack still has another 4-5 years in him and we have a few young talls coming through.
I dont like that we would have to pay him 1M +
It would make our cap to tight
Pretty much
Keep in mind, we will be having a few wanting a bigger slice of the pie in the coming years.
We have a great list and a lot of depth also, going to take astute management and balancing from here.
Need to work on the success for a bit less factor also ala Geelong, you want the Flags and glory or a bit extra $ mentality.(Graham signing just awesome on that note, would be very surprised if Cows hadn't been sniffing)
heck this is good

No one matches and they never will, if by some fluke a club does match the AFL will change the rules regarding free agency status.
Agree if a player wants out he ussually gets out

100% go all out to get him...

whats the mandatory delistings per year, 5 or so...

So from this year we had the following leave the list (some conservative numbers there):

Batch - $125k
Elton - $125k
Hunt - $125k
Lennon - $300k
Maric - $150k
Morris - $125k
Yarran - $400k
Lids $ - $250k

Thats $1.6m out, all replaced by kids (7) on the average of $85k is $595k, so saving of a tick over $1 mil.

So say we have a few more movements, Hampson goes say $350k plus someone like Miles or Lloyd also goes (another $150k) replaced by kids, theres another $300k or close to it...

So we could easily free up or even front load a T Lynch contract

Plus if he wants to go, and they perform as poorly as expected,
the money will trigger the band 1 compo so they will get another 1st round pick behind theirs (so likely top 5) which is not the worst outcome for them in whats meant to be a super draft.
Keep in mind we will only have pick 18 to bargain with if we need to trade.

We should have the $, then we are maxed out. If he wants success, and we are premiers, or close, he'd probably be willing to drop a few $ for a shot at the title. For the Suns, they'd get round 1 compo pick - AFL would ensure that.

Rumours are out that we are in the leading pack for Lynch. But then it's a long way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth keeping in mind that we need some cap space to retain the players we have, many of whom will doubtless want and deserve more in the coming years.

The other thing people forget is that all clubs plan ahead...So quite apart from leaving aside a stash for retaining the kids, the club will also have already factored in things like Hampson leaving and covering Lids contract when doing deals for the likes of Dusty last year.

I'm not too fussed if we get him or not, so long as it's a good deal for us if we do. I do hope were in the mix however, because the saltiness, especially from norf fans, will just be a delight.

I couldnt give a continental if we recruited him because I dont really think we need him.
However he is the biggest name out of contract at seasons end and if he did come to richmond it would be monumental.
Instead of landing the 2nd tier players (which won us a flag this year) we would get the big dog who we can plan a team around for the next 7+ years.
If we didnt win the flag last year everyone would be going nuts about getting lynch and he probably wouldnt of came like teloar. .

But now we have the flag and it might of twisted his arm. Ive heard of successful richmond sides from my pop and old man about getting who they want when they want.

Maybe i can tell my kids the same story when they are a but older too

giphy.gif

Given we are apparently just 4 guns and a bunch of spuds according to a lot of oppo supporters we should have no problems finding the cash to squeeze him in..right?

In all seriousness I would think we have a bit of cap room there to have a crack at him, but others will have more. In saying that he will easily earn the most if he stays at GC so if he moves it is (to some degree) not about about the money and if so we should be able to put a pretty tempting presentation forward you would think.

So from this year we had the following leave the list (some conservative numbers there):

Batch - $125k
Elton - $125k
Hunt - $125k
Lennon - $300k
Maric - $150k
Morris - $125k
Yarran - $400k
Lids $ - $250k

Thats $1.6m out, all replaced by kids (7) on the average of $85k is $595k, so saving of a tick over $1 mil.

So say we have a few more movements, Hampson goes say $350k plus someone like Miles or Lloyd also goes (another $150k) replaced by kids, theres another $300k or close to it...

Morris would have been on at least 100k more. He signed his contract when he was best 22 and a highly rated shutdown defender.

Batch - $125k
Elton - $125k
Hunt - $125k
Lennon - $300k
Maric - $150k
Morris - $125k
Yarran - $400k
Lids $ - $250k

I think that Dusty’s contract upgrade will take up a fair portion of that $1m???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back