Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't pay those players much anyway
$350k - Hampson signed after his 1 good year with Richmond and we didnt have a ruckman so he got a decent deal
$350k - Griffiths was seen as a potential CHF just about to come good before the concussion issue's
$225k - Lloyd required player for depth but surplus to needs but would be given up for Lynch
$200k - Conca was signed on a 2 year deal and a 1st rounder with 5 years on min coin for this type
$225k - Miles see Lloyd

$1,350,000 total in above players

Im extremely confident we can fit Lynch into our structure at $1 mill x 5/6 years if above $1.2 i dont think we will persue

Lynch will be at PRO this October. Nothing else to say.

I dont have any info and dont know why but something inside me say's that we are balls deep into him and he would have more than a passing interest in coming to Richmond for so many reasons

* coming to a club that has 90,000 members
* playing full house games at the MCG
* Caddy & Prestia being familiar friends and constantly in his ear about how good Richmond is and How good it is to be a Premiership player
* Riewoldt,Cotchin,Rance,Martin,Rioli,Caddy,Prestia,Lynch He would consider that list as good as any in the league
* $1 million a year would be about the top 2-3 offer he could get from any Victorian team if he 100% decides to come home
* #19 Guernsey is available and waiting for him on the locker with a Gold afl badge when he tours punt road

I dont have any info and dont know why but something inside me say's that we are balls deep into him and he would have more than a passing interest in coming to Richmond for so many reasons

* coming to a club that has 90,000 members
* playing full house games at the MCG
* Caddy & Prestia being familiar friends and constantly in his ear about how good Richmond is and How good it is to be a Premiership player
* Riewoldt,Cotchin,Rance,Martin,Rioli,Caddy,Prestia,Lynch He would consider that list as good as any in the league
* $1 million a year would be about the top 2-3 offer he could get from any Victorian team if he 100% decides to come home
* #19 Guernsey is available and waiting for him on the locker with a Gold afl badge when he tours punt road
One more you did'nt mention...Lynch is a Vic/country boy....come home factor!

$350k - Hampson signed after his 1 good year with Richmond and we didnt have a ruckman so he got a decent deal
$350k - Griffiths was seen as a potential CHF just about to come good before the concussion issue's
$225k - Lloyd required player for depth but surplus to needs but would be given up for Lynch
$200k - Conca was signed on a 2 year deal and a 1st rounder with 5 years on min coin for this type
$225k - Miles see Lloyd

$1,350,000 total in above players

Im extremely confident we can fit Lynch into our structure at $1 mill x 5/6 years if above $1.2 i dont think we will persue
Well you still have to replace those players with other players , so that's another $700,000

If he can stay injury free in 2018 and has a decent year then happy to keep him or trade him to a WA team for a Duggan ,Rotham,Venables if 1 gets home sick similar to a Balic
Conca is and will always be nothing but a fringe player at the RFC. Youth will pass him this year and I doubt there will be a position for him come end of season. We will need to move on players such as him and Lloyd to be able to pay youth coming through. The club may not be able to afford Lynch within our salary cap unless a few fringe players or players looking for more opportunity are released. This is just list development. Nasty for some players but necessary for team/list enhancement.

Conca has it all to do. Couldn’t get into the side late in the year and his vfl form was average to poor considering a guy of his experience. Got a massive pay cut once Balme came along and probably got the extra two years with Hampson so Balme could keep his interest up to see which one of these two injury prone veterans would /could reach a hundred games first.
A dove told me he’s unhappy about his salary so I reckon he will move on as he’s way down on the pecking order. IMO he’s about 30th on the list and descending .

Where is Tiger71 ?
He has been MIA recently
Have you got an update Michael?

I called it 2 years ago that I heard we are balls deep into Lynch, even in the first pod cast i mentioned it. All i know as from last year we are doing the work to get him but by no means is it a certainty. Obviously the noise is all positive but it always is this time of year lol. If I hear anything more during the year, ill post it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont really want him at 1mil+
I think its pretty dangerous to have 2 players on your list taking up 2mil+ of the cap each year. Id also like to focus on the talls we invested in the draft.
Depends how good he is...Dusty like?!? If not...and if we get Lynch and it's a bust we could end up like the Swans..

If he can stay injury free in 2018 and has a decent year then happy to keep him or trade him to a WA team for a Duggan ,Rotham,Venables if 1 gets home sick similar to a Balic
I think Conca is a free agent st the end of the year. If he has a good year and a WA club is interested in him(and he's interested in going back to WA) then we will only get FA compo ( pretty much literally or almost nothing).

I dont really want him at 1mil+
I think its pretty dangerous to have 2 players on your list taking up 2mil+ of the cap each year. Id also like to focus on the talls we invested in the draft.
Normally I would agree, but at the moment we are in the 'premiership window'. We need a ready made tall. We can't wait until a tall from the draft to develop because it will take time and we won't be at the same stage we are now and there is no certainty the drafted tall will be any good.

However, I don't think we'll get him anyway because of our cap space he would have to effectively take a big pay cut to play for us compared to Collingwood or Hawthorn (I think we can offer him $1 million while Collingwood and Hawthorn will be offering something like $1.2m+).

Well you still have to replace those players with other players , so that's another $700,000

Great point mate, which some seem to ignore.
There is also the fact that we are paying Dusty an extra $400,000 to $600,000 a year and every other premiership player who comes out of contract will be on more coin.
Nankervis, Grimes and Graham all just signed new deals .. do people think they are on the same as last year, or accepted less?
Any savings go pretty quick!

We've extended Graham already which you wouldn't have factored in.

Exactly .... and Grimes and Nankervis would be on more coin than they were before they signed yesterday.
Funnily enough a lot have forgotten - despite it being the hottest topic of 2017 - D. Martin just helped himself to a nice big pay rise. That supposed savings goes real quick.

Exactly .... and Grimes and Nankervis would be on more coin than they were before they signed yesterday.
Funnily enough a lot have forgotten - despite it being the hottest topic of 2017 - D. Martin just helped himself to a nice big pay rise. That supposed savings goes real quick.
I still think we believe we can bring Lynch over and fit him in the cap. But there will be costs down the line, expect to see some players we would all rather keep leave the club in the coming seasons. We have a young list with some guys due big payrises in the near future.

Vlaustuin is one who I think could make a big jump this season and Rioli another.

Normally I would agree, but at the moment we are in the 'premiership window'. We need a ready made tall. We can't wait until a tall from the draft to develop because it will take time and we won't be at the same stage we are now and there is no certainty the drafted tall will be any good.

However, I don't think we'll get him anyway because of our cap space he would have to effectively take a big pay cut to play for us compared to Collingwood or Hawthorn (I think we can offer him $1 million while Collingwood and Hawthorn will be offering something like $1.2m+).
But it wouldn't be until 2019 that we'd have him. We may be out of our window by then, or we may be B2B Premiers.

Without much reason I'm just not a fan of this play.

Can always rely on the resident party pooper to douse the flames, like clockwork. :rolleyes:
No, it's a valid point. However, these days the club is run very professionally and if the right deal can be done, they will do it. If not, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back