Tom Rockliff's regret

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that in Benalla? I was born there but went to high school in Wodonga. Remember very clearly playing the regional final alongside Jack Ziebell. Can't remember if Tom played for Benalla at that time? 2007-8
In Benalla, I had a year 9/10 PE class with him. Would have been about 2003/04. I moved away shortly after but I'll never forget how much he sooked whenever we played, this includes cricket and soccer as well.

Clearly have to beat the Tigers to see where the Lions are at, 9 in a row, multiple away from home and knocking off the Cats isn't good enough.

If we beat the Tigers, it still isn't a sign of where they are at. The hurdle will move to "Let's see if they can win a final before we know".

It's okay to say that the team who is top of the ladder with a round to go is more than just "a chance".
I didn’t put money on them when a friend told me to.

Therefore they can’t win or I have effectively lost money.

It is perfectly logical.

'It's likely that Rockliff will retire without having ever played in a final.'

How can you say that with such certainty? Port Adelaide finished 10th this year and last year and showed a lot of promise with their young recruits. He has two years left to run on his contract and will be 31 by time (young enough to play on). If Brisbane can go from 15th to second, I wouldn't rule out Port Adelaide as a finals prospect for years to come.

'It's likely that Rockliff will retire without having ever played in a final.'

How can you say that with such certainty? Port Adelaide finished 10th this year and last year and showed a lot of promise with their young recruits. He has two years left to run on his contract and will be 31 by time (young enough to play on). If Brisbane can go from 15th to second, I wouldn't rule out Port Adelaide as a finals prospect for years to come.

I would.

Their culture is cooked.

Rockliff is also a fraud. Stat padding plodder. The Supercoachers love him but he does little actual damage on the field.

Nah, Rocky is clearly the number 1 most hated fantasy footballer.
Had one teaser year then the joke was on you if you kept selecting him :'(

His decision? We moved him on. The guy was an absolute prick of a bloke and a cancer at the club. Cutting out him and Hanley is part of the reason we are achieving now.
Along with being shit for so long that you’ve had a million high picks plus academy kids and a coach given to you

I would.

Their culture is cooked.

Didn't your previous coach literally strangle one of your players?

Cultures can change. If we don't make finals next year we'll have a new coach for 2021 and things can turn around quickly.

Didn't your previous coach literally strangle one of your players?

Cultures can change. If we don't make finals next year we'll have a new coach for 2021 and things can turn around quickly.

He didn't strangle a player, Jesus! 😂

Our culture was cooked. We changed our board, traded players and hit reset. It takes a big process to fix the culture of a club and with your board and coach I can't see it happening any time soon.

Has one good season and starts talking about other clubs culture.

Mate Brisbane's culture was rotten and it wasn't until we cut the filth that our club could properly function again.

It is glaringly obvious Port have culture issues and can't see why you wouldn't be big enough to admit that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it's been pointed out, he was shoved out the door. It wasn't his decision.

The only regret he might have is choosing Port over another club that might have been interested in him. Iirc we were chasing him as well, I'm glad we missed on that one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Rockliff's regret

Remove this Banner Ad

Back