3. Tony Lockett
4. Dermott Brereton
5. Greg Williams
6. James Hird
7. Robert Harvey
8. Maurice Rioli
9. Gary Hocking
10. Micheal Voss

Bias is one thing, but I've read some bulls**t in this thread. Either that or some people in here have only been watching the game for a year or two.

I fail to see how Dunstall and Lockett rank so high on everyones list. Their full fowards who had brilliant midfields are their disposal. Midfielders make their full fowards, you think Matthew Lloyd would kick as many goals and take as many marks without Johnsons, Hird, Soloman and the midfield that is Essendon? He has it on a silver platter at times, as did Dunstall and Lockett.

WZA said:
I fail to see how Dunstall and Lockett rank so high on everyones list. Their full fowards who had brilliant midfields are their disposal. Midfielders make their full fowards, you think Matthew Lloyd would kick as many goals and take as many marks without Johnsons, Hird, Soloman and the midfield that is Essendon? He has it on a silver platter at times, as did Dunstall and Lockett.

lockett didn't have a great midfield all he had was harvey and everyone knows he cant kick. Apart from that there was burke and he didn't really kick it a lot he was an in and under player so the delivery mainly came from winmar or stewart loewe not exactly a good delivery from the midfield

Matthews
--------
Carey

Bartlett

S.Madden

Blight

Ablett

Williams

Lockett

Dempsey

Roos

Keeping it to strictly who I've seen (i.e I've still to see play from Voss, Hird, R.Harvey, Figgie.. yea it's an 'out' but a fair one from my pov :) ). Also Matthews aside (as he's clearly the best I've seen) I kept Hawthorn players out of it to remove what bias I could.

Many names could slot in, Doull, Flower, Shimma, Dougie, Lyon, Watson etc but it's probably not a selection.

milnedog44 said:
lockett didn't have a great midfield all he had was harvey and everyone knows he cant kick. Apart from that there was burke and he didn't really kick it a lot he was an in and under player so the delivery mainly came from winmar or stewart loewe not exactly a good delivery from the midfield

He played for Sydney too mate ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WZA said:
I honestly hate you hird_is_champ. You never seize to amaze me.

y?? coz i didnt put buckley in. he can go in the outsiders list. but i honestly think every player on that list i put in were the best ive seen

portentous said:
In no particular order. They're all too different to compare....

Daicos
Ablett snr
Lockett
Dunstall
D Jarman
R Harvey
M Lloyd
W Tredrea
M Voss
J Hird

have u lived on this planet?
or were u born last yr
u didnt put in carey..
:eek:

1. Gary Ablett

2. Darren Jarman

3. Wayne Carey

4. Jason Dunstall

5. Tony Lockett

6. Greg Williams

7. Dale Wieghtman ( Always dominated for Victoria)

8. Robert Harvey

9. James Hird

10. Alister Lynch

Gary Ablett
Wayne Carey
Jason Dunstall
Michael Voss
James Hird
Tony Modra
Andrew McLeod
Nathan Buckley
Peter Matera
Glen Jakovich

Outsiders: Dean Kemp, Robert Harvey, Ben Allan.

hirdy_is_champ said:
y?? coz i didnt put buckley in. he can go in the outsiders list. but i honestly think every player on that list i put in were the best ive seen

Your spelling hun, your spelling. I have no problem with your opinions, just the way you write, i can hardly understand.

1. Carey
2. Hudson
3. Jesaulenko
4. Ablett
5. Hird
6. Flower
7. Lockett
8. Voss
9. Hart Royce
10. Stewart Ian

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 10 players uve ever seen