Top 10 Underated Players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Jamison was AA fullback before his injury no doubt. Merritt would of given him some good competition and Glass obviously. McPharlin too.

Robinson isn't underrated. The media goes on about him like he's as good as Murphy. He tagged out Fletcher. Crashes into the packs like a man possessed which gets him a lot of respect and so it should but all he does is push players around, think he is better than what he is and can't kick.

I'd have no problem having him in my team but wouldn't want him in my midfield tbh. Some players with shithouse footskills have been very very important to teams. Rowan Jones constantly fed the ball out for Cousins, Judd, Kerr ect. So they did have value back then but the speed of the game and the need for footskills has slowly killed them off.

edited above
some further extrapolation required

Firstly, as i said back then, 1 statistic is not enough to be using to compare two players. Secondly, if you are going to use ppg for the team, why not use how many times each player has it kicked to them as well? Cyril has more competition in that regard than Milne has. There is less reliance on Cyril to kick goals because we have more players able to contribute to kick a winning score.

Michael Jamison was AA fullback before his injury no doubt. Merritt would of given him some good competition and Glass obviously. McPharlin too.

Robinson isn't underrated. The media goes on about him like he's as good as Murphy. He tagged out Fletcher. Crashes into the packs like a man possessed which gets him a lot of respect and so it should but all he does is push players around, think he is better than what he is and can't kick.

I'd have no problem having him in my team but wouldn't want him in my midfield tbh. Some players with shithouse footskills have been very very important to teams. Rowan Jones constantly fed the ball out for Cousins, Judd, Kerr ect. So they did have value back then but the speed of the game and the need for footskills has slowly killed them off.

Yeah, nah.

Will fly the flag when the situation arises, but Mitch doesn't start crap. Matter of fact in the Brisbane game this year he laid a heavy hit on Black and then went to check on him while the Brisbane teammates remonstrated.

... Robinson can't be rated owing to his poor foot disposal, his nickname at Carlton is NATO.

Nails
All
The
Opposition
??

brett deledio is underrated in the media it would seem.

i think he is richmonds best and most attributed player, and most of the general public seem to rate him (i think).... mike sheehan had him at 47 in his post season top fifty.

the readers had him in the top 16 i think...
underrated?
thoughts?

NATO is a joke about the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation who were responsible for bombing Libya.

Too well-informed to be a footy nickname though

In footy speak, it's not another turnover. Licuria used to have the same nickname at Collingwood.

NATO is known for indiscriminate bombing of civilians, i.e. poor disposal! Also known for being wanton warmongers in general, which Robinson surely was during the IRS. He was a total embarrassment to the Aussies, as was our supposed leader, the arch-thug Green.

I hate to pump up an Essendon's players tyres, bur Winderlich was a massive loss for them after he did his knee against Carlton, the Bombers sorely missed his pace and ball winning abilty.

Aph Carlisle from Port is another underrated player, only one of a few decent defenders Port have right now.

Jarryd Roughead easily. Name another young KPF who has kicked 75 goals, 51 goals and 53 goals in 3 consecutive season as a "secondary target".

Jarryd Roughead easily. Name another young KPF who has kicked 75 goals, 51 goals and 53 goals in 3 consecutive season as a "secondary target".

billy brownless

none recently, good call

Scott Lucas kicked 51, 67, 61 in the years 2005-2007. There's no way he could be considered primary target in the same team as Lloyd. Although, in the same period Lloyd kicked 59, 13, 62.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 10 Underated Players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back