Mega Thread Trade and Draft Gossip, Innuendo, Scuttle, Butt and Bullshit PART 2 (KEEP IT HERE PLEASE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Big Moose's Mega Thread - Who Should We Target? Draft/Trade Rumours, Speculation & Opinions

You're taking talent out of the equation?
Peculiar way to recruit.

You are just being ridiculous.

Chris Tarrant was a rare and exquisite talent, however due to a number of factors, including severe lack of application, that never fully translated onto the football field on a consistent basis - that is wasted talent.

Has Anthony got the talent of Tarrant - obviously not - I never said he did, you did.

Could we get the same output from Anthony as a KPD as we would from Tarrant? I believe we could, and given the ages of the two, Anthony could surpass it.

Now, unless you've got something to add besides your smartarse little jibes, you can go and sit in the corner or better still, come up with that list of assistant coaches during the Hird years - I'm still waiting for that.

Re: Big Moose's Mega Thread - Who Should We Target? Draft/Trade Rumours, Speculation & Opinions

Wasn't it Jack Anthony who had that little altercation with Buddy in a club a few years back? May not be someone we want.

Having said that, he probably has the talent to be of some value to us.

You are just being ridiculous.

Chris Tarrant was a rare and exquisite talent, however due to a number of factors, including severe lack of application, that never fully translated onto the football field on a consistent basis - that is wasted talent.
Quite correct.

Has Anthony got the talent of Tarrant - obviously not - I never said he did, you did.
Where? I said the exact opposite.
"minus the talent of Tarrant"

Could we get the same output from Anthony as a KPD as we would from Tarrant? I believe we could, and given the ages of the two, Anthony could surpass it.
Yep, fair enough, I just don't believe he is that good.

What I was driving at is: taking talent out of the equation is patently ridiculous.

I'm a big fan of Tarrant work at full-back the last two years and definitily think if Collingwood can't get it done, he would be a great fit for us over the next two years. There is no doubt he would improve our back six.

Another trade i'm interested in is Daniel Motlop. Motlop is without doubt one of the most talented players in the AFL. He is also, it seems, one of the least disciplined. There's a lot of talk that he's leaving Port Adelaide and his currency could not be lower.

No doubt Motlop would be a risk. But for the cost of a third rounder or so he has enormous upside and could play as our third forward in a very similiar vien to Mark Williams. There's also the Port Adelaide link again, so I assume Clarko and more recently Bourgoune would have good insights about him.

Word is that Motlop is keen to go back to Western Australia (where his son lives) but it would at least be worth enquiring. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...motlop-back-soon/story-e6frepf6-1225924733461

Just a thought.

I'm a big fan of Tarrant work at full-back the last two years and definitily think if Collingwood can't get it done, he would be a great fit for us over the next two years. There is no doubt he would improve our back six.

Another trade i'm interested in is Daniel Motlop. Motlop is without doubt one of the most talented players in the AFL. He is also, it seems, one of the least disciplined. There's a lot of talk that he's leaving Port Adelaide and his currency could not be lower.

No doubt Motlop would be a risk. But for the cost of a third rounder or so he has enormous upside and could play as our third forward in a very similiar vien to Mark Williams. There's also the Port Adelaide link again, so I assume Clarko and more recently Bourgoune would have good insights about him.

Word is that Motlop is keen to go back to Western Australia (where his son lives) but it would at least be worth enquiring. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...motlop-back-soon/story-e6frepf6-1225924733461

Just a thought.

If Buddy, Rioli and Motlop played in the one team the universe might impode:rolleyes:

Re: Big Moose's Trading and Draft Mega Thread PART 2

If anyone is need of a good laugh, or a bit of a "pick me up" today, go and have a read of the Hawks facebook page and some of the trade suggestions listed there today, comedy gold.

Just a thought.
No more "undisciplined" players for mine. I'm growing a little tired of seeing failed players due to attitude and lack of application. Not worth the risk, for the two minutes of exquisite skill every 3rd game he plays.

If anyone is need of a good laugh, or a bit of a "pick me up" today, go and have a read of the Hawks facebook page and some of the trade suggestions listed there today, comedy gold.

Yeah I was laughing at that stuff too... although to be fair, I didn't read a lot of those as "trade suggestions", more as a fantasy kind of thing - if you could have any other player at your club, who would it be?...

Yeah I was laughing at that stuff too... although to be fair, I didn't read a lot of those as "trade suggestions", more as a fantasy kind of thing - if you could have any other player at your club, who would it be?...

Yeah that is a fair point but stilll, I always look forward to reading the posts on the Hawks facebook page, it is absolute insanity.

Hey guys does anybody know much about these draft prospects

would we have an oppurtunity to take one at pick 19 I have heard good reports but havn't seem them play much.

Mathew Watson
Jed Lamb
Kieren Harper
Jayden Pitt
Billy Smedts
Brodie Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some options I hope we look at:

1. Throw alot at Mitch Clark to get a young gun ruckman. We'd almost certainly lose our 1st rd pick or Browns compo pick, probably a player and a fair chunk of salary cap meaning we'd be limited for any other deals, maybe could get Josh Hill as there doesn't appear the same interest or demand for him as other players. Would still have a 1st rd/end of 1st rd pick to add young talent. Depending on the Peterson and Hooper situation we may have to chase a Hill or Djerrika type anyway IMO.

2. Chase Tarrant and maybe Tambling if they're fit, and hold onto our 1st rd pick and the Brown compo pick, use these on the 2 best midfielders available or the best kpp and midfielder available, probably picks 19&27? Could also get Hale for the compo pick and use the other on the best quick midfielder available. I think either would be a good result, Tarrant/Tambling/1st rd pick/End of 1st rd pick or Tarrant/Tambling/Hale/1st rd pick.

3. Minimal activity, hang onto our early picks and the compo pick, back in our young kids a bit more and go to the drafts.

Hey guys does anybody know much about these draft prospects

would we have an oppurtunity to take one at pick 19 I have heard good reports but havn't seem them play much.

Mathew Watson
Jed Lamb
Kieren Harper
Jayden Pitt
Billy Smedts
Brodie Smith

Doubt Smith will get that far.

Just in re: Motlop....

"Saints in talks with reluctant Motlop. Wants to head West but doesn't fit into either clubs plans so is exploring options"

If this is true perhaps Hawks are a chance as well. Although i totally except the comment from people that don't won't more trouble at the club.

Source: spyandsource on Twitter. Check out his tweets.

For what it's worth, his other news includes:

"Mitch Clark to stay with Brisbane. Reports of Voss fallout exaggerated."

"Lot's of Vic clubs enquiring about Luke Shuey's availability. Expected to stay in Perth but WC could be tempted by mid/late 1st round pick"

"Expect a straight swap of A.Walker for A.Everitt early on in trade week."

This has probably come up long ago, but read on twitter by a guy named deepthroat (may be an alias;)) that we are looking at Melbourne's Matthew Warnock.

Pretty sure it was mentioned a while back that he is unhappy with a lack of opportunity.

Would certainly fill the FB position and from I've seen he is no frills but a pretty solid competitor, anyone else heard anything?

Would be cheaper than Tarrant and give us 5 years of footy, would prefer him over Thornton and we don't seem keen on Thursfield.

I honestly don't think we need to worry so much about our back line. Kids who have a good first year normally have quieter second years. Shoey, Milne are all solid down back and shoey is becoming a monster. I think we have some serious talent with Leise (sticky hands) to be a 3rd option down foward even release roughy to CHF where he can kick through the pill.
I think we need to focus on more run and carry type players this is were we lack a little. Bailey if he can stand up will take the pressure off our rucks but we now have a good cover there Skipper and I like Tayor if injury free will offer plenty this year (GF in 08 sapped if confidence) Lowden is good just developing but needs to have a taste this year. Looking at kids who kick well and break the lines that is what we need.

FFS this Spysource person is an attention seeking little kid making up trades (just like any of a dozen punters on this site), and everyone is falling for it.

I think David Hale and Tazza we will get if not tazza, we will get a fast outside mid!

FFS this Spysource person is an attention seeking little kid making up trades (just like any of a dozen punters on this site), and everyone is falling for it.
What's the bet it's Hutchy? :p

This has probably come up long ago, but read on twitter by a guy named deepthroat (may be an alias;)) that we are looking at Melbourne's Matthew Warnock.

Pretty sure it was mentioned a while back that he is unhappy with a lack of opportunity.

Would certainly fill the FB position and from I've seen he is no frills but a pretty solid competitor, anyone else heard anything?

Would be cheaper than Tarrant and give us 5 years of footy, would prefer him over Thornton and we don't seem keen on Thursfield.

Injury Prone. Thornton no thanks. Warnock(Where does that leave Schoey?) yes thanks. Tarrant an absolute yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back