Mega Thread Trade and Draft Gossip, Innuendo, Scuttle, Butt and Bullshit PART 2 (KEEP IT HERE PLEASE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Big Moose's Trading and Draft Mega Thread PART 2

I only rate 2 of the 4. They could rookie 4 but Kickett is lazy and Stubbs has had some issues.The NSW boys haven't had a great season at GWS or in the Championships. Mahoney and Langers will be good pickups, who will still need a lot of work.

Well we can still pick up Langford with father son rule wait has that past?
Kickett will get better he has the ball skills of his 2 uncles who would say no to that?
Stubbs was kicking the goals for GWS before he broke his leg. Mahoney has got a pretty solid build he will be a hard nut in a few years time. Langford get him. We should get all 4.

We must chase hard for Tarrant, Hale and Hill.

Make it happen Hawthorn.

Just hold onto our first round pick.

I hope we land Josh Hill if it's for a reasonable price. 21 y/o, 50+ games, a great age/experience profile to recruit and similiar type player to Peterson IMO. Needs to harden up a bit but I remember him laying 10 tackles after a rocket this year so he is capable. Don't think he'd be fit enough for midfield/wing role yet but is only 21. Can start filling in some holes of the 05', 06' period and he's got talent and is a way off peaking IMO, just a matter of getting it out of him. Averaged 2 goals a game this year, is a better forward than Brown and would surely put pressure on Osborne/Peterson if not replace them.

Jason Gram could be on the table tomorrow....

Would be great if they Luke Ball'd him (i.e. play hard ball, refuse our offer, he walks to the draft and we get him with our second pick).

I wonder what St Kilda would want for him?

Josh Hill will fill an important hole.

Hmmm interesting, didn't think hill would be 1 of our first preferences, but I guess he will fill that 3rd tall forward role.

Any news on what we will be giving up??

Leon Cameron has big wraps on him as a mid/wing, I have no idea what you may be giving up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Hill is the type of dynamic forward we need that could push up the field, but we definitely need to work on his hardness at the footy.

Hill would suit us better on a wing.

I'd also be putting birch on the wing next year. Let him kick a goal or two from 60.

from Whiteys twitter: http://twitter.com/Whitey927

"Richmond will trade one of Thursfield, McGuane or Moore. Depends what the Tigers can get in return. McGuane maybe to Brisbane..."

Would rather McGuane than Thursfield - could be worth a crack.

Also interesting from Whitey

"There is strong mail around suggesting Alastair Clarkson wasn't too happy at the physical condition of some of his Hawks at the B&F!!!"

Think the boys will be paying for this on the track in the near future! :eek:

I still think we have predicament in that both Lisle and Schoey are forwads. I do not want Tarrent purely for his age so Warnock for me or McGuane perhaps. Shiels and Savge will add to ourspeed next year but fitting them in.

Do not think we need to lose Taylor simply to get something else. If we get something worthwhile yeah go for it but fit he is still a top tap ruck.

Biggest need in my opinion is...

Not a gorilla, but key tall defender. 195cm plus who can tackle high ball.
Use our list of bring in pace
Third tall forward

SOLUTION

Draft Pederson from Box Hill as Key back
Try and secure Hill
See if Tigs are interested in Tambling for Taylor.

Do not be afraid to offer something big in order to improve. Our depth is not as deep as others but so many are untested.
Grimley looks as unit at CHB but needs a year or two
Shiels will be a gun
Whitecross will make it
Savage needs a chance
Would love to see Lisle have a crack at mobile ruck if he is up to it.

hmmm... from what HS reports... tarrant deal to pies relies on presti... and it seems presti will play on...

which means we may still have a chance to get tarrant

Given the bench will be shortened to 3 next year, having a Leigh Brown type will be invaluable. Skipper is much in this mould, but isnt as good up forward. I think this is something Lisle could be very handy at, especially given he has had a seasons practice at it down at BH.

Ive seen a few people mention Grimley at CHB - is this a pipe dream or could it actually happen? I have no idea whats going on with this kid. Drafted as a potential ruck, mentioned as a Goodes type mid and now mentioned as our future CHB. Whats the story? Talented in all areas or struggling to find a position?

seems like we are definitely looking at hill! haha not a bad option...

i hope we look at others too..

trade week is exciting!

Ive seen a few people mention Grimley at CHB - is this a pipe dream or could it actually happen? I have no idea whats going on with this kid. Drafted as a potential ruck, mentioned as a Goodes type mid and now mentioned as our future CHB. Whats the story? Talented in all areas or struggling to find a position?
He is just very, very raw. I still think he will turn out to be a ruckman, but he needs to work on his frame and his engine to do it. I saw him play wing, back, forward and in the ruck this year. Part of it is his versatility, part of it is just teaching him the game. Wouldn't think we would see him at AFL level until 2012.

Liam Shiels and Ryan Schoenmakers to be traded according to Jon Anderson, imbecile:rolleyes:.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ub-by-club-guide/story-fn69a32t-1225934102488

Hawthorn

Needs: A key defender, leg speed all over the ground and a ruckman. Max Bailey will hopefully take care of the latter, Chris Tarrant could possibly be the defender.

Trade potential: Rick Ladson, Liam Shiels, Ryan Schoenmakers

Possibilities: Expect it to be active as it has been more progressive than most in the past.
And as it proved last year, most of its list is tradable. North's David Hale is a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back