List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously on Trade and F/A we’ve been discussing...
Schache, Dale, 2MP, Brown, McDonald etc as potential trades.
Callow, Phillips, Lord, Reid, Cox as draftees.
Stacks of players to trade out.

Old thread found here.

FYI Gone Critical jathanas Maggie5 Magpie Girl

No interest whatsoever in Josh Schache. Would say he's soft as butter, but I like butter. Would much prefer Bailey Dale.

Drafting Cox, McInnes and Callow would be awesome.

Anyone know how keen we actually are on Gunston?

This Treloar talk simply won't go away.
I just can't see him staying if we genuinely want him out.

Treloar and 3rd round pick in exchange for Pick 5, Peter Wright and Alex Sexton.

I'd personally prefer Sexton over Dale.

Sexton essentially replaces DeGoey allowing him to play as a full time mid.

Yeah the Treloar situation/contract confuses me to unplugged

He is saying he wants to stay, the media keep saying we want to push him and the club is staying silent.

I fail to believe that Treloar and his management wouldn’t have requested a sit down with the club this week to discuss all this external noise.

Until I hear something from the Treloar camp or the club I am assuming he’s a Pie in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is saying he wants to stay, the media keep saying we want to push him and the club is staying silent.

I fail to believe that Treloar and his management wouldn’t have requested a sit down with the club this week to discuss all this external noise.

Until I hear something from the Treloar camp or the club I am assuming he’s a Pie in 2021.

Given the club was contacted for comment and declined i'm going to say there is some truth to the rumour.
I know the club doesn't have to come out and refute every trade rumour involving us (lets face it, we are linked to everyone usually), but alot of what has been written has been from Treloar's perspective, so clearly he has fielded some questions from the media. I would think the club would want to publicly knock that on the head, yet they haven't.

I honestly think he'll be gone if he wants to go, provided we can get a deal in our favour.

Wouldn't put it past Hine to ask Guy to trade half of our side for Rowell.

Given the club was contacted for comment and declined i'm going to say there is some truth to the rumour.
I know the club doesn't have to come out and refute every trade rumour involving us (lets face it, we are linked to everyone usually), but alot of what has been written has been from Treloar's perspective, so clearly he has fielded some questions from the media. I would think the club would want to publicly knock that on the head, yet they haven't.
If he goes, we will have to pay some of his contract for the duration - no club will take it over in its entirety.

If he goes, we will have to pay some of his contract for the duration - no club will take it over in its entirety.

Really? Personally i think if it's the Suns we wouldn't need to.

They would be struggling to fill their cap with their young side, they want marquee players and picking up Treloar would be a huge get for them. Pairing Treloar with Rowell would be very beneficial for the Suns.

I think us taking on Wright's contract would be the equalizer.

Whilst we're still on (or near) the first page. Some helpful links this trade period.

And

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Suns could do it. Not sure they’d have too many blokes on big marquee money. They could also spread the remaining contract over 5 years. Gives Treloar his money and guaranteed contract.

If the trade was to involve 5 and Wright his contract coming off their books also gives them a good amount of cash to throw Adz way.

If Wright has 2 more years on good coin I’d hope we would take that contract on over 3 years. The saving between that and Treloars money gives us a bit more flexibility again.

In the meantime we snag Phillips at 5/6 as a long term Adz replacement.

Update on Mihocek from Mitch Cleary.

We've offered 3 years.
He wants 4 years and the money is a fair way apart.

4+ year deals are reserved for stars and Chris Mayne.

This is where we have to hold our nerve. Love Checkers but he’s a role player. Can’t overpay. It’s what’s gotten us into this cap mess to begin with. Deserves a solid 3 year deal (with maybe triggers for a 4th).

Update on Mihocek from Mitch Cleary.

We've offered 3 years.
He wants 4 years and the money is a fair way apart.

4+ year deals are reserved for stars and Chris Mayne.
To be honest I'm not too bothered by us holding firm on Mihocek. He's a nice player and good clubman, but as Jack Dyer said, he's a "good ordinary footballer". 3rd tall forward utility type who will probably never kick over 40 in a year

If:

We trade our future first for the Dogs' Pick 12.
We trade Treloar to the Suns for something involving Pick 5.
We keep Pick 14.

I hope we trade 5 + 12 (or 14 if we're lucky) to the lowest bidder, ie North with pick 2.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather go into the draft with 5 & 12 if we're confident Reef won't go until after that.

This is where we have to hold our nerve. Love Checkers but he’s a role player. Can’t overpay. It’s what’s gotten us into this cap mess to begin with. Deserves a solid 3 year deal (with maybe triggers for a 4th).

If we lose Mihocek, we MUST acquire Gunston.

I am puzzled as to why we are still looking for ways to trade Treloar (if the rumours are true)
If we’re not in the picture for Cameron which we aren’t why is there a need to trade Treloar

How about James Stewart from Essendon? I just read he is not contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back