List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on it a couple years ago, though believe it was on the day of the combine. But to put him up tomorrow will be so important especially given everything being talked about. Maybe we'll get some answers.
I reckon we might find out about Treloar tomorrow

I howled on Beams and Freeman, and giving up two firsts for Treloar instead of one, so there’s a 66.6% foresight howling ratio.

The one that really got my goat was Witts. Was worth pick 17-27 based on comparisons with recently traded rucks of comparable experience and we blinked.

Can’t wait for Ned Guy. Hopefully he sticks it right up the journos and unveils them as the scum they are. No salary issues. No dumping. Trade of future 1sts. And I heard in the back lane of the coffee shop around the corner that Jeremy Cameron is going to inform us he’s tearing up the Cats contract to come to the pies. Just to be clear that is how this rumor BS starts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would it be naive for him to refuse to be traded?

Because IMO to think he can see out another 4-5 (whatever it is) at a club that doesn’t want him there is ridiculous.

It’s all good to be righteous and hold them to the terms of the agreed contract. But the reality is that he actually has to rock up there everyday and work with these same people.

I don’t think that would work in most workplaces and reasonable commentators reckon it is untenable and it just won’t happen in an afl environment either.

(I already believe he is naive about the separation anxiety issues he will have with his family moving away. So this would reinforce that view even moreso)

Last edited:
Mate, journos are scum but they’re not going to run with some of the really specific stuff they’ve put out unless they’re confident in their sources, and the only people that would be privy to this stuff would be connected to Collingwood or Treloar. Stop being so naive.
Like I said, this all started when his partner's announcement was made public.
Do you honestly believe that the players don't want him at the club?
What other specifics have been revealed?

If you remember, Flobbo also had rock solid sources when he mistakingly dropped that drug story about Collingwood. How did that pan out?

How about you stop being so naive.

Watch this space doesn’t mean he’s coming Dave, just that we’re interested. Do you want an official announcement that we might be interested in a player...?

Well to hear IF we are interested or not.

They had a few sources saying we are the Front Runners for him

I don't mind the idea of Devon Smith as a half forward. Bucks has mentioned this as a list need. He has speed, a strong tackler, can rotate midfield, kicks goals. I'm not sure on the status of his injuries but if fit reckon he'd be excellent in an area of need.

Ned should maintain the status quo and say nothing.
All commentary can be made after next Thursday.

I disagree.

He could come out and say the Pies are looking at all options so we can take the next step and all players involved are being kept up to date.

Buckley had to come out as he did as the rumours are damaging the club.

What we are seeing is the reason the big fish don’t nominate us as the their club of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the idea of Devon Smith as a half forward. Bucks has mentioned this as a list need. He has speed, a strong tackler, can rotate midfield, kicks goals. I'm not sure on the status of his injuries but if fit reckon he'd be excellent in an area of need.

No SPIN is the resident knee injury expert, whats Smith’s diagnosis, can we revive him like Langers?

He left GWS to stop playing half forward and get midfield time. He got it at the Bombers, but then his knees failed him again. 2nd half of 2020 he was moved to half back. I think picking him up would be a mistake. Love him as a player, just think he's done.

I am very unhappy with the state of our salary cap and trade situation to date. I was against the Beams trade even before we knew he wouldn’t play. However it is a big call to blame Ned Guy for all of this. Surely big decisions like that are made with the approval of the board and the coach. So it is a fail for the Club not just Ned Guy. We are too quick to find a scapegoat rather than acknowledge systematic failure.

The one that really got my goat was Witts. Was worth pick 17-27 based on comparisons with recently traded rucks of comparable experience and we blinked.
Could have and should have easily got one of GCs mid 20’s picks for him. That would have landed us Shai Bolton and made that draft actually decent outside of Daicos.

someone ring and tell him to resign because he has ****ED the Collingwood Football Club
Ok, we get it. You want Buckley, Ed and Guy to go. You don't need to tell us this every page of the trade thread.

Could have and should have easily got one of GCs mid 20’s picks for him. That would have landed us Shai Bolton and made that draft actually decent outside of Daicos.
**** that is so true. They had multiple picks in the 20’s that year...

No matter if Browne is right or wrong we have made an absolute royal fu** up with player salaries it's why we lost Aish lost year.

Someone should lose there job.

Every club loses players every year. Why is it a f&*$ up when Collingwood have to do it and just routine when every other club does it?

To be fair could we predict Treloar would injure both hamstring tendons and develop mental health issues? Or that Nathan Freeman would destroy his hamstring tendon in his first pre-season game? Or that Scharenberg would rupture his ACL 3 times?

Well i'm sure overpaying Treloar could have been avoided.
If they had of actually done their homework on Nathan Freeman, he had hamstring issues in high school (my mate went to school with him)
We drafted Scharenberg and he was already broken with his foot problems, yes different issue but drafting a kid who was already seriously injured is always a risk.

So yeah i believe these situations could have been avoided.

And as someone else mentioned Sam Murray trade and we gave up 2 seconds for Aish.

Unmitigated disaster.

Have we put Ned's head on a pike yet?

In India they would be burning effigies of him.

Rumour going around that Ned Guy threatened to resign over the weekend

He couldn’t quite go through with it because he didn’t know how to use Microsoft Word to write out his resignation letter, much the same as he has issues using Microsoft Excel trying to crunch the contract numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back