List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on the weid train. But objectively we have 0 currency. We don’t even have enough points for daicos as it stands, then we need to find points for Dib as well. Just don’t see how we can come to the table. Would be a good fit though
Weid is OOC at the end of the year, isn't he?

The fact that Richmond passed on him too after showing some brief interest last year speaks volumes. A firing Hogan would have been the perfect Reiwoldt replacement.

While I agree we are currently a shambles, even if we weren’t, Hogan was not the right fit for us.

I’d say Richmond passed because the have Lynch and Riewoldt. If they truly wanted him, I’d be willing to guess they’re have got him. Could be wrong though

He was a pick in the 50s, would have been on minimal coin and would have been better than pretty much any forward we currently have.

Would he be the difference? No, but at the price he was available at he would have been a step in the right direction - if we had the balls to get him right.

He’s just an example of what we could of got cheap, instead we pay top dollar/draft picks for guys like Murray, persist with guys like Darcy Cameron and Cox.
Hogan, at least, has the attributes to become a top 5 forward league wide... and if he fails, we’ll, pick in the 50s is worth the punt.

They’ll be on the rookie list so won’t affect senior list spot numbers.

Hopefully we are taking both picks so we can delist an extra player (if we decide they are worth promoting at years end).

I think there will be better options in this mid season draft than any options we’ll have at the extreme back end of the draft after matching Daicos and Dib.

Hopefully we are taking both picks so we can delist an extra player (if we decide they are worth promoting at years end).

I think there will be better options in this mid season draft than any options we’ll have at the extreme back end of the draft after matching Daicos and Dib.
We won’t have a pick in the top 1000 after scraping points for them

I’d say Richmond passed because the have Lynch and Riewoldt. If they truly wanted him, I’d be willing to guess they’re have got him. Could be wrong though

He was a pick in the 50s, would have been on minimal coin and would have been better than pretty much any forward we currently have.

Would he be the difference? No, but at the price he was available at he would have been a step in the right direction - if we had the balls to get him right.

He’s just an example of what we could of got cheap, instead we pay top dollar/draft picks for guys like Murray, persist with guys like Darcy Cameron and Cox.
Hogan, at least, has the attributes to become a top 5 forward league wide... and if he fails, we’ll, pick in the 50s is worth the punt.
Reiwoldt is basically in his final year. They didn’t pass because they didn’t need him, they passed because they knew he couldn’t handle the scrutiny that comes with playing in Melb at a big 4 club.
He was never going to play in Melbourne, regardless of the club. When he was in court last year they even gave it away that he was intending on moving to play in a non-football state.

How come pur trade of our 1st round pick essentially top 3 pick this year for pick 24 a late 2nd and 4th round pick is not being spoken about. That trade is simply ludicrous for us. Along with the treloar Stevo and phillips trades surely we need a clean out of that department urgently.

How come pur trade of our 1st round pick essentially top 3 pick this year for pick 24 a late 2nd and 4th round pick is not being spoken about. That trade is simply ludicrous for us. Along with the treloar Stevo and phillips trades surely we need a clean out of that department urgently.
It’s been spoken plenty about 😂. Just add it to the list of incompetence. But the club shows no accountability for anything. Wonders why there’s no crowds

It’s been spoken plenty about 😂. Just add it to the list of incompetence. But the club shows no accountability for anything. Wonders why there’s no crowds

Yep just another example of the long running attempts of this club to run ‘damage control’.

Seems like they just wanted to change the narrative following the trade and cap debacle. Just be honest and try to do better FFS.

We never learn, and I’m not sure we will until there is some kind of fundamental change. Even the whole mobile phone issue shows that...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reiwoldt is basically in his final year. They didn’t pass because they didn’t need him, they passed because they knew he couldn’t handle the scrutiny that comes with playing in Melb at a big 4 club.
He was never going to play in Melbourne, regardless of the club. When he was in court last year they even gave it away that he was intending on moving to play in a non-football state.

Fair points. I suppose with dusty and stack they probably have met their quota of problem children. Although, dusty seems to been turned into a decent citizen now.

On hogan, I still think he was exactly what we needed, amongst other acquisitions, and was cheap. The fact that we weren’t in the conversation is pretty damning.

I would move Sidebottom and Degoey at seasons end.

Sidey really lost my support when he didn’t return to the hub when his team needed him most.

Degoey is too injury prone, and has too much going on privately. On the field he plays in fits and spurts. You have to move something to get something, and I think we can get a bit for him!

Are they enough totrade for Petracca? Sidey would be a great pick up for the Dees, and Degoey might perform better at a low profile club.

Pendlebury is the other I would move on for the right price, those in the window would pay a lot. Problem is, we lose him we have nobody else who can kick the ball in the middle. Daicosstill not consistent enough.

I would move Sidebottom and Degoey at seasons end.

Sidey really lost my support when he didn’t return to the hub when his team needed him most.

Degoey is too injury prone, and has too much going on privately. On the field he plays in fits and spurts. You have to move something to get something, and I think we can get a bit for him!

Are they enough totrade for Petracca? Sidey would be a great pick up for the Dees, and Degoey might perform better at a low profile club.

Pendlebury is the other I would move on for the right price, those in the window would pay a lot. Problem is, we lose him we have nobody else who can kick the ball in the middle. Daicosstill not consistent enough.
Degoey has no currency while his court case is pending, and no point trading before FA. We get compo if he leaves. Petracca is 0 chance of leaving Melb for us 😂

On hogan, I still think he was exactly what we needed, amongst other acquisitions, and was cheap. The fact that we weren’t in the conversation is pretty damning.
It’s not damning at all. Literally no Melbourne clubs were in the conversation. There are plenty of things to be criticising the club for, but Hogan isn’t one of them. He was never, ever going to consider going to a club in a football state.

Degoey has no currency while his court case is pending, and no point trading before FA. We get compo if he leaves. Petracca is 0 chance of leaving Melb for us 😂
The club would have every idea of what the case is against him, there is no way they sign him up to big money if he was any chance of being guilty. Undoubtedly, and unfortunately for Jordie, it is still a weight to carry.

I think recruiters look at this as an opportunity. All you need is a couple of clubs interested and all of a sudden you’ve got a first rounder and some in return.

It’s only May, Melbourne have yet to commence their usual decline towards finals.

If we finish last or 17th and North don't select daicos, does that mean we can select another player with that pick?

If so, who is looking like being in the top few in the draft?

Is daicos likely to be selected outside top 3?

If we finish last or 17th and North don't select daicos, does that mean we can select another player with that pick?

If so, who is looking like being in the top few in the draft?

Is daicos likely to be selected outside top 3?
I think we traded this years first rounder to GWS for a couple of picks last year.

Yep, already knew we traded with gws and just skipped my mind when thinking if how good it would be having a top 3 pick and then daicos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back