36 Brayden Sier

32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

15 Max Lynch

16 Chris Mayne

24 Josh Thomas

44 Jack Madgen

46 Mason Cox

43 Anton Tohill (B)
Interested to know what your rationale for listing Billy Elliot as Trade Bait - Aging - trade a few if possible?

This makes for painful listening

Yep a little bit of mayo with the Maynard stuff because Wright did say he didn’t think we would need to trade out any more wanted players. Still in that SEN interview he was not definitive in ruling it out which was a bit of a worry

The rest they were right with. Trading out our round 1 pick never seemed a great idea even if it ended up as a pick 7-12 which was the optimistic view back then. Now it’s turn into pick 1-4 which is a much bigger disaster. It has the potential to have us miss picks 1 and 2 if we get the spoon which would be horrific.

Worst thing in a way is that all the shocking trades we made last year they were forced onto us to a degree. This one was totally on us. We had no need to do it, we could have just as easily read the tea leaves, understood we were a club under siege and at real risk of falling down the ladder and kept the powder dry. Bad decisions get made when people and institutions panic and this is a classic.

Okay so out of our OOC players, here is how I'd approach it

keep
- D.Cameron (2 years)
- J.Ginnivan (2 years)
- J.Noble (2 years)
- J.Rantall (2 years)
- T.Ruscoe (2 years)
- S.Pendlebury (1-2 years)
- A.Tohill (1 year)
- C.Mayne (1 year)
- I.Chugg (1 year)
- J.Madgen (1 year)
- T.Wilson (1 year)

trade/delist
- B.Sier (50/50 to find a suitor. Would be hoping for a 3rd to 4th round pick)
- J.Thomas (Unlikely to find a suitor, I know he is currently best 22 but it is marginal. Free agent)
- M.Cox (unlikely to find a suitor. Any pick will do)
- M.Lynch (confident we could find a suitor. Would be hoping for a 3rd round pick, maybe a late second)

I would go into the period with guys like Grundy, Sidebottom, Maynard & De Goey where if the right offer comes, we could move them. Otherwise, we are in no rush to move any unless any of them request a trade.

The only players I would be asking questions about are Charlie Constable & Will Brodie. I wouldn't go for both, just whichever one we could get for the cheapest value. My preferance would be Brodie though.

As for the draft, Daicos, Dib and with a late pick, fill the need of a project tall defender (195cm+) or a readymade state league defender.

Rantall is an intriguing one. Shown nothing at senior level but played out of position on a HFF yet the consensus is that he gets another couple of years.

He hasn't really demanded selection at VFL level either. I'm more inclined to think he might be another McClarty-like bust which is whilst disappointing understandable given the draft pick.

Has anyone else seen enough to justify another couple of years? If he was KPP you'd likely give him another a couple but a mid you would hope would be more advanced at this point. Especially considering he came to the club with a decent tank

Rantall is clearly more of a raw prospect than any of the others.

and be a Few Year before he is Big Enough to play pretty much his only Postion Inside Mid at AFL Level

I'd like us to recruit a big defender. Roughead will be 32 by the time next year rolls around, he still has plenty to offer but not for much longer. How we recruit said defender would depend on Roughead's future, whether we start young and develop or try and pry someone from another club.
Good on Roughy who will game 200 soon.

I'd like us to recruit a big defender. Roughead will be 32 by the time next year rolls around, he still has plenty to offer but not for much longer. How we recruit said defender would depend on Roughead's future, whether we start young and develop or try and pry someone from another club.

So any Good KPD on other Teams list that is NOT in a Teams Best 22?

We've been fairly successful picking off throwaway KPD's from other clubs with Roughead and Dunn. Someone like that again would be huge. Haven't thought about it enough to actually think of candidates though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel talia would fit that dunn, roughead mould. Probably higher regarded than those guys but seems the crows are off him. Imo roughy has more in him so no need this year.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So any Good KPD on other Teams list that is NOT in a Teams Best 22?

Dunn and Roughead were exactly that.

I’m of the opinion that mature and second hand full backs are the way to go rather than drafting kids.

It’s a position based on mature body size and experience more than raw athletic ability or cardio

If we’re looking for an out of contract 200cm Roughead replacement I’d look at Lewis Young from the Dogs. Averaging 20 touches and 10 marks a game in the VFL... impressive for a man that size

We've been fairly successful picking off throwaway KPD's from other clubs with Roughead and Dunn. Someone like that again would be huge. Haven't thought about it enough to actually think of candidates though.

Talia from Adelaide is a FA - only a year or so younger than Roughead though I think...

Begg was drafted as a KPD. Alongside Keane and Tohill, who’ll both be there next year, the need for a short term option could be limited.

Begg was drafted as a KPD. Alongside Keane and Tohill, who’ll both be there next year, the need for a short term option could be limited.
Trained with the forward yesterday. They may be wanting to partner him with McMahon. Also doing ruck work, so clearly a forward/ruck.

Buhbuh. Any pick outside of 1 was a bad outcome if we held it into 2021 because there’s no way we’d be able to trade up to 1 without selling our soul and this draft has wound up decidedly average.

Daicos will be the first player bid on and Darcy the second so we need pick 1. In order to get that from pick 2 you’re looking at pick 2 + a 2022 2nd minimum to move up one spot. Picks 3-5 are either wasted on a Daicos bid or traded into the 2022 draft which loses 2 years of development and is going into a draft with kids potentially having lost 2-3 years of underage footy because of COVID.

We’ve got problems, but this isn’t one of them unless we finish last.

On top of that, even if you're not big on the decision, what's the point of crying over spilled milk? To me it's happened, we got Poulter and McMahon from it and they have potential. Now how best do we get on with it moving forward.

Trained with the forward yesterday. They may be wanting to partner him with McMahon. Also doing ruck work, so clearly a forward/ruck.

We’ve seen both Tohill and Moore start as forwards plus Kelly will go the same way if we want to see him make it. His intercept game is what defines him, but we’ll see how it plays out.

Sam Days a UFA at the end of the year. Could we afford him?

Though we got him as a KPF/2nd Ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back