Status
Not open for further replies.
Just names for some cheap KPD I would have a crack at

- Joel Hamling - OOC 2023
- Jack Hombsch - OOC 2021
- Tim O'Brien - OOC 2021
- Joshua Walker - OOC 2021
- Tom Clurey - OOC 2023
- Lewis Young - OOC 2021 (Would love this bloke, big Collingwood fan as well as his brother Hayden at Freo)

Begg was drafted as a KPD. Alongside Keane and Tohill, who’ll both be there next year, the need for a short term option could be limited.
In the brief highlights I saw, he looked like an excellent kpd option, but what makes you think that was the club's intention?

Just names for some cheap KPD I would have a crack at

- Joel Hamling - OOC 2023
- Jack Hombsch - OOC 2021
- Tim O'Brien - OOC 2021
- Joshua Walker - OOC 2021
- Tom Clurey - OOC 2023
- Lewis Young - OOC 2021 (Would love this bloke, big Collingwood fan as well as his brother Hayden at Freo)

You got your Young's mixed up there - Hayden is Lachie Young's (North Melb) younger brother.

Josh Walker is one I reckon we should have jumped on when he was last available - very solid, can play at both ends of the ground as needed, would have cost nothing to get across and would have been a good fit for us. Horse has probably bolted on getting him now though as North has an ongoing need to retain him on their list with Tarrant nearing the end and their KPD depth being otherwise non-existent (and that's assuming that Corr sticks if and when he manages to get back to playing).

Others are all a bit meh for various reasons.

Last edited:
On top of that, even if you're not big on the decision, what's the point of crying over spilled milk? To me it's happened, we got Poulter and McMahon from it and they have potential. Now how best do we get on with it moving forward.
Agreed so many people whining over what is over and can't be changed.

PIES FACING DELAYS ON SECURING NEW DEALS
COLLINGWOOD midfielder Brayden Sier has joined the growing list of out-of-contract Pies who will be forced to wait until season's end to receive an answer on their future.

Clubs are still waiting for details from the AFL on salary cap and list sizes for next year, while the Pies' search for a new coach has provided an added layer of complexity for decisions on their players.

Sier, 23, played the first five matches of the season but has featured just twice at AFL level since. He could be in line for a recall this weekend against West Coast with skipper and fellow onballer Scott Pendlebury ruled out for the remainder of the season.

The Pies have played nine debutants this season – including two under interim coach Robert Harvey – with Sier reduced to the VFL and scratch matches over the past two months.

Sier had interest from several clubs including Essendon in 2019 before re-signing for two years until 2021.

However, this time around the market for inside midfielders appears stacked full of options given many floated for trade last year were required to return to their original homes.

Veteran Chris Mayne is in a similar situation and will be required to wait until season's end, while talks on an extension for youngster Jay Rantall will pick up at the end of the campaign after a promising introduction at senior level.

Pendlebury will soon clinch a one-year extension, while Max Lynch will be an intriguing watch after impressing while filling Brodie Grundy's void for a fortnight mid-season.

Unsigned tall Mason Cox faces an uncertain future along with Josh Thomas, however Trey Ruscoe and Jack Ginnivan are expected to win new deals. – Mitch Cleary

Big. Has some kind of frame for an 18 year old. Gonna fill out strongly.

Looking forward to when he joins full training, but had the yellow cap on yesterday which is a no contact cap so he is inching closer. But he is very agile, quick, nice kick, good mark. I'm quite bullish on him.
Thanks for the feedback. If I see his or McMahons thread bumped I head straight there hope in my heart.

Like others have said that was where he spent his time as a jnr, but he was drafted as a KPD.
All the noise from the club indicates otherwise Sco. I understand that’s where you see him as ending up judging by his highlights, but I think you’re wrong declaring that he was drafted as a KPD under the circumstances.

Interested to know what your rationale for listing Billy Elliot as Trade Bait - Aging - trade a few if possible?

given injury prone nature, and the fact that we wont be contending for the next couple of years, what is the point of keeping him, we should trade now whilst he still has value. I mean he has played 18 games this season and average 0.6 goals a game. From a 178cm forward, i just think we should go in a different directions, and get the rebuild out of the way, with a fast transition

You have Rantall and Kelly as up and coming but Ruscoe as wait and see. You’re taking the piss yeah?

You tell me which player has a higher ceiling? I mean, Ruscoe, had to be re-roled as a half back flanker to make the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

given injury prone nature, and the fact that we wont be contending for the next couple of years, what is the point of keeping him, we should trade now whilst he still has value. I mean he has played 18 games this season and average 0.6 goals a game. From a 178cm forward, i just think we should go in a different directions, and get the rebuild out of the way, with a fast transition
Firstly outside of that 3 year period where the club couldn’t manage his back, he’s actually been reasonably durable. There’s not much reason to classify him as injury prone these days, there are several other players on the list who have way more soft tissue issues than him.
Secondly, if you’re going to spout stats to try to reinforce your point, get them right. He’s played 8 games this year (due to a broken leg) with a return of 1.9 goals per game which for a small forward is pushing towards elite.
You’re quoting his stats from last year, and he was played as a midfielder for the vast majority of that season, hence the low goal numbers.

You tell me which player has a higher ceiling? I mean, Ruscoe, had to be re-roled as a half back flanker to make the team.
I’d have Ruscoe with the higher ceiling, and quite comfortably. As a defender he has the makings of a 100+ gamer, Rantall is a borderline delist prospect this year.

Ruscoe got returned to the role he was drafted for. Ruscoe playing forward was the re-role. I think Ruscoe looks like a decent prospect as a defender. I'd agree with you if we were talking about Ruscoe the forward.

That would be a bold strategy but I think it would backfire and create a lot of resentment amongst the playing group and Jamie too. Pluse he is our only lively and reliable forward. We would be poorer as a team without him.

In a rebuild you still need the structure provided by senior players to develop the list properly. Elliott is our most dangerpus forward with 8 games at almost 2 goals a game. I think the benefits of keeping Elliott outweigh those of trading him, unless he wants out.

I’d have Ruscoe with the higher ceiling, and quite comfortably. As a defender he has the makings of a 100+ gamer, Rantall is a borderline delist prospect this year.
Ruscoe. The answer is Ruscoe.

I absolutely agree with both of your posts. The only catch is if Rantall is “re-roled” (as HF puts it) which might change the discussion. Rantall the forward is not going to make it, but there’s at least a chance that Rantall the mid does because he has the biggest engine at the club and knows how to find it.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I just don't see the point of keeping players who won't be around when we challenge next. I think Jamie Elliot falls into that category imo. I mean I just want to be winning anothe flag soon, and if trading some loved players get us there, then so be it.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I just don't see the point of keeping players who won't be around when we challenge next. I think Jamie Elliot falls into that category imo. I mean I just want to be winning anothe flag soon, and if trading some loved players get us there, then so be it.
Like it's done at Hawthorn and North?

You realise people were suggesting we trade Pendles and Sidey in 2016/17 “because they won’t be there for our next flag” right?

It’s a crap reason to offload your best players.

Firstly outside of that 3 year period where the club couldn’t manage his back, he’s actually been reasonably durable. There’s not much reason to classify him as injury prone these days, there are several other players on the list who have way more soft tissue issues than him.
Secondly, if you’re going to spout stats to try to reinforce your point, get them right. He’s played 8 games this year (due to a broken leg) with a return of 1.9 goals per game which for a small forward is pushing towards elite.
You’re quoting his stats from last year, and he was played as a midfielder for the vast majority of that season, hence the low goal numbers.

Reasonably durable - why only 8 games this year then?
I mean, if you think his output and durability will hold up for another 4 years (when we could be possibly be contenders), sure, don't trade him, but I think it's better to get something for him now when he has value and use to that to assist the rebuild. Understand ppl love him, but I'm all about flags and what gets us a flag as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back