List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in because the rumours made its way to our board

If Pendles was to come to Freo it would be to help deal with the loss of Cerra in the short term while we develop another young midfielder as we don't really have a mid with the skills to replace Cerra atm

Don't think there's much too the rumour, Pendles seems a Collingwood man through and through
Are you guys trying to unload anyone? anyone making noises about coming back to Victoria?

Not for mine. Lockett swatted KPBs like flies. Untouchable when on

All respect to him, but have a look at the respective sizes of those key backs. All of them would be smaller than Mihochek.

Cloke in his prime standing next to Plugger would dwarf him. Plugger wasn’t exactly muscle either.

Anyway I wasn’t necessarily trying to make this a specific comparison, just that he was harshly treated for being stronger than his opponent.

Last edited:

All respect to him, but have a look at the respective sizes of those key backs. All of them would be smaller than Mihochek.

Cloke in his prime standing next to Plugger would dwarf him. Plugger wasn’t exactly muscle either.
Generationally players got taller from Lockett to Cloke will give you that and Cloke was very powerful but Lockett weighed a bit more. I haven’t seen anyone so intimidating to opponents based on superior power as Lockett.

Anyway I wasn’t necessarily trying to make this a specific comparison, just that he was harshly treated for being stronger than his opponent.
True.

Two powerhouses and all opinions valid. Lockett is the only key forward I have seen who opposition back men where physically scared without exception. Had something to do with his decent dose of mongrel of course which Trav didn’t have

True.

Two powerhouses and all opinions valid. Lockett is the only key forward I have seen who opposition back men where physically scared without exception. Had something to do with his decent dose of mongrel of course which Trav didn’t have

In looking at google I found this photo and initially thought I must have early onset dementia or something because I had no memory of him playing for GWS.

Then I realised it was just local footy in Tassie.

6FE1F010-526A-46A8-8136-730CF1F7BEDD.jpeg

If anything, the speculation will make the off season enjoyable and hopefully go fast.
Kreuger, Stevens, McLean wont they all require draft picks, that we currently need to acquire for Daicos points ?
Seems like we're limited to delisted free agents or somebody nominating us like Jack Martin

Kreuger, Stevens, McLean wont they all require draft picks, that we currently need to acquire for Daicos points ?
Seems like we're limited to delisted free agents or somebody nominating us like Jack Martin
Yeah
Minus the speculation, I doubt we're acquire many if any during the trade. We'll be looking forward the draft. Maybe go for a DFA/or UFA that doesn't cost anything.

Yeah
Minus the speculation, I doubt we're acquire many if any during the trade. We'll be looking forward the draft. Maybe go for a DFA/or UFA that doesn't cost anything.
Schlensog, Stengle, Riccardi plus Daicos and Dib is a realistic possibility
A potential elite mid, a versatile small with 2 KPP and an X factor fwd/mid in the right age bracket.
Keep the powder dry till 2022 come with a better cap and draft hand, sniffing finals in 2023

Why is there a Tony Lockett love fest in the current Trade/FA thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schlensog, Stengle, Riccardi plus Daicos and Dib is a realistic possibility
A potential elite mid, a versatile small with 2 KPP and an X factor fwd/mid in the right age bracket.
Keep the powder dry till 2022 come with a better cap and draft hand, sniffing finals in 2023
Stengle is both an exciting possibility and a night sweat terror given his reputation.

True.

Plugger had that aura of being scary....but that was only really because he ran through blokes who got in the way of his leads. "Ned" Kelly never seemed too scared of Plugger....he even used to pinch him to get him riled up....funniest thing I ever saw was Plugger chasing Ned around Vicci Park that day but he couldn't catch up to him! If you're talking scary....then Lethal's the one....

Yeah, it's pretty obviously just hunting for clicks. No drama being made about Thomas' extension negotiations being pushed back

the fact that there are negotiations is quite sad. Thomas has been bloody fortunate to make it this far.

We need to be ruthless, not keep this almost wooden spoon winning list together.

Depends on his asking price. Anything over $300k and best of luck for the future Pendles go chase that second flag!
Doesn't seem to be a worry..

AFL journalist Tom Browne expected a deal to get done between the Magpies and Scott Pendlebury but described it as an “unusual” situation.

“There’s a strong commitment from Collingwood and Pendlebury and confidence to get a deal done for next year,” he said on Triple M.

“But it is a bit unusual going into the final round of the season that Collingwood’s captain isn’t contracted for next year.

“It has just been slowed down by the coaching search and everything that’s going on off-field at Collingwood. They’ll resolve it, but you’d hope soon.”

A deal will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back