List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given he's a free agent, that's entirely his choice. But I don't think we should push him to leaving by offering him less money than the average AFL player, and half the money that worse players are on. I've also seen nothing in his public statements that indicate he would leave the club. He's Victorian, he's played in Melbourne for 15 odd years, and they've got two kids under 5 years old - doubt they want to move away from their families (not sure if Alex is Victorian).

Because we'd be losing more by forcing him out than we'd be gaining. I would rather retain Pendlebury (and offload other players for weak picks) and go into deficit than let him go. Also, would the compensation even be that high? My understanding was the compensation was to do with the AAV of the salary - a wage of above $300k would be a late 2nd/early 3rd?

No need to be condescending, lol. It's got nothing to do with emotion. It's the behaviour of basket-case clubs.

Beacause our salary cap is cooked.

When the money we were paying Phillips was being discussed in the press, that should have been a warning. Ie. if Phillips is on that much, then imagine what the others are being paid.

We got lucky with the Beams fkcu up. Did we have to pay out Langdon?

Beacause our salary cap is cooked.

When the money we were paying Phillips was being discussed in the press, that should have been a warning. Ie. if Phillips is on that much, then imagine what the others are being paid.

We got lucky with the Beams fkcu up. Did we have to pay out Langdon?
There will be significant alleviation on the salary cap. In that recent Q&A Scott Selwood and someone else (might have been Mark Anderson) did with members online they said the Pies will be in play for mid and low tier FAs, which indicates to me we will have some money floating around. No idea about Langdon, but he retired and is from a fairly well off family.

We're also paying less of Treloar's wage next season, same with Flip. I simply do not believe that our cap is in a bad enough position to squeeze on us that hard this off-season. We'll see.

There will be significant alleviation on the salary cap. In that recent Q&A Scott Selwood and someone else (might have been Mark Anderson) did with members online they said the Pies will be in play for mid and low tier FAs, which indicates to me we will have some money floating around. No idea about Langdon, but he retired and is from a fairly well off family.

We're also paying less of Treloar's wage next season, same with Flip. I simply do not believe that our cap is in a bad enough position to squeeze on us that hard this off-season. We'll see.
Think this is Langdon's last year. Pretty sure he signed a 3 yr deal after GF

Plugger had that aura of being scary....but that was only really because he ran through blokes who got in the way of his leads. "Ned" Kelly never seemed too scared of Plugger....he even used to pinch him to get him riled up....funniest thing I ever saw was Plugger chasing Ned around Vicci Park that day but he couldn't catch up to him! If you're talking scary....then Lethal's the one....
We all have different recollections but I remember an interview with Ned through his pinching days. He had Plugger the next week and was asked if he would pinch. The answer was in the negative as he didn’t have a death wish. Pretty sure Plugger didn’t get pinched. I remember him knocking Guy McKenna unconscious one day with an accidental shrug of the shoulders.

Lethal I agree was as scary as anyone.

We all have different recollections but I remember an interview with Ned through his pinching days. He had Plugger the next week and was asked if he would pinch. The answer was in the negative as he didn’t have a death wish. Pretty sure Plugger didn’t get pinched. I remember him knocking Guy McKenna unconscious one day with an accidental shrug of the shoulders.

Lethal I agree was as scary as anyone.
You don’t pinch blokes like Plugger.

There was a bloke called Shane Loveless that us country KPDs didn’t pinch either.

There was a bloke called Shane Loveless that us country KPDs didn’t pinch either.

Ned DID pinch him and run him up and down the ground. It was a tactic to get Plugger all tired out chasing Ned....(guess who thought of it?!!!)
Plugger didn't whack blokes....they went to sleep after his elbow or shoulder connected with them accidentally.

Now Stewie Gull....he whacked blokes! So did Ricky McLean and Paddy Guinane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we'd be losing more by forcing him out than we'd be gaining. I would rather retain Pendlebury (and offload other players for weak picks) and go into deficit than let him go. Also, would the compensation even be that high? My understanding was the compensation was to do with the AAV of the salary - a wage of above $300k would be a late 2nd/early 3rd?

No need to be condescending, lol. It's got nothing to do with emotion. It's the behaviour of basket-case clubs.

The compensation would be based on the wage the new club pays him which is not the $300k we should be offering. I’d expect he’d be on $500k at least wherever he went which would be band 3. It was emotion led as soon as you started talking about letting go of our greatest player and you’ve now referred to it as a move of a basket case club. Were Hawthorn a basket case when they let Mitchell and Lewis leave?

Yeah I have just looked up some interviews Dunstall and Ned did about it. Order went one day at Geelong he started on Mensch, then Billy (who was his client) and last Q tried it on Ablett and got a punch in the ribs. Got Dunstall very angry the next week. Next it was Plugger in Syd. As Ned put it Lethal came to him before the match and said you have had a good run but you ain’t gonna try this with Plugger. Ned said he didn’t go near the big man. Dunstall said he wished he had given Ned one in hindsight but if he tried it on Plugger Ned would have been knocked out cold.

Ned DID pinch him and run him up and down the ground. It was a tactic to get Plugger all tired out chasing Ned....(guess who thought of it?!!!)
Plugger didn't whack blokes....they went to sleep after his elbow or shoulder connected with them accidentally.

Ned has said many times he didn’t. He only did the punching for a couple of weeks

Dunno about the other two but My o my Paddy to go a bit :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back