List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the track record of that particular Facebook page?

Looks an exciting prospect from his draft highlights.

I'm skeptical that he's told the Swans anything yet, regardless of whether that's his decision. He was a fringe player not out of question of playing finals, so I don't think he would have told them before they were knocked out. And they've only just been knocked out, so they'd all still be pissed.

We haven't seen Reef at all yet
While it's not the best guide and often doesn't translate to senior level we have seen McInnes at VFL level albeit briefly due to covid and injury. Didn't do a lot early, but there were good signs in his last 2 games. Pity the VFL season got canned after that as it would have been interesting to see if he could build off those games.

Stephens rumours are bullshit
What if it turns out to be true, can we put a blanket ban on BF posters who can't predict sh*t

I think there’s every chance that Stephens winds up at Collingwood because where there’s smoke there’s usually fire, however Thommo’s post is a timely reminder of how easy it is to make up a story and have people believe it. The absolute definition of fake news which those troll FB pages feed off. Trade period is hard enough without that excrement polluting our board so maybe we just all agree to be a bit better and not share it?

The issue I have with list reviews like Bucky’s is that they are much too simplistic, and the way it’s done kids tend to be underrated because they are being judged against the standard for seasoned players. Even averages can be misleading at times. If they don’t want to go to the effort of doing a list review by going through every player then they should break up the list into three categories, Rookies, Veterans and Senior Players. Not only does this give fans a really clear picture of the list make up but you can then judge kids better because you’re not flat lining them into D category players because they’re still early in their careers. We know Poulter isn’t an A or B grader right now but how is he tracking for the future, how does he measure against other developing players in the competition?

I think there’s every chance that Stephens winds up at Collingwood because where there’s smoke there’s usually fire, however Thommo’s post is a timely reminder of how easy it is to make up a story and have people believe it. The absolute definition of fake news which those troll FB pages feed off. Trade period is hard enough without that excrement polluting our board so maybe we just all agree to be a bit better and not share it?
so you cover yourself by saying that we will probably end up with Stephens but then go on to say that we shoul;d take the rumour with a grain of salt. You sound a bit ambivalent

Is it sufficient an upgrade to merit investing trade/draft capital? Either Brander or O’Brien for that matter.
I'm not a fan of Obrien, I think he's had enough chances to show he can make it and is too inconsistent. With out looking up, i would have though Obrien is older and had more games than Brander. With Brander I like what I see, think he would be an upgrade, but my original point is I wouldn't have thought the Eagles would let him go, so he's be a freeby or very low pick recruit for mine. I wouldn't be actively trying to fight for him and pay anything beyond a 3rd rounder.

2 key takeaways watching the first round of the finals in relation to the pies...

1. Contested Marking
  • This was particularly evident in the way Port and Melbourne dominated over the weekend. Both sides were dominant in the air at both ends of the ground.
  • We are extremely well set up defensively in the air (Roughy,Moore,Howe) however its through the middle and up forward which is where the concerns are
  • Grundy, as good as he is in the ruck and around the ground finding the footy - its his performance in the air that leaves a lot to be desired. This places such a big emphasis on our forward line, which is why I believe we need to play a operate with 3 tall forwards + Grundy
  • EG - Port (Lycett, Dixon, Marshall, Ladhams), Melbourne (Gawn, Brown, Jackson, McDonald)
  • This highlights the importance of targeting a KPF in the trade period this season and really looking to implement this set up
    • Grundy, Mihochek, Cameron, Kelly (if using current list)
    • You could slot a Weiderman/Riccardi in for Cameron or Kelly

2. Our top end talent is as good as most finals sides
  • My optimism for a quick rebuild is based on the fact that our top end talent is better than some of the teams that played in the finals over the weekend
    • Grundy, Moore, Adams, DeGoey, Maynard (5) are all elite level players at their positions
    • Pendlebury, Howe and Sidebottom (3) who are all up their in age are still high level contributors
    • Elliott, Crisp, Mihochek (3) are high quality players, consistently performing at a high level
  • While we had growth from many this year, we need to bring a few more into this category to take that leap. The key will be having 3-4 of the below moving into the above category or having a couple of surprise breakouts
    • Henry is a high end talent and one I expect the make that leap in the coming years
    • Josh Daicos and Isaac Quaynor are both good players, can they become great? Can they take the next step?
    • Nick Daicos, will he make an immediate, high level impact?
    • Macrae, with a full preseason, will he make that jump?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is so hard to to forecast what will happen in the trade period for us given the lack of transparency around our cap space.

It is sounding like Sydney will be in a similar situation as to what we were last year, potentially letting talent walk for nothing in FA or trading away contracted players for peanuts. While I would love to target someone like Dawson/Parker, a realistic option cap wise on our end is to target one of their young key forwards in a trade involving Max Lynch.

I believe we can leverage Max Lynch as a genuine trade piece for the swans. Lynch is a 22 year old ruckman that is craving opportunities at senior level. I imagine he would be targeting either Hawthorn or Sydney as destinations where he could play a lot of senior footy moving forward. He might be willing to take less money to get the opportunity to play week in week out.

While we would love Logan McDonald, there is no chance the Swans would let him go in a trade at this stage. Mclean and Amartey are two option we could target in a trade for Lynch. Amartey really impressed me when I watched him earlier in the year.

so you cover yourself by saying that we will probably end up with Stephens but then go on to say that we shoul;d take the rumour with a grain of salt. You sound a bit ambivalent

I think the best way I can respond is that anyone posting on here is more believable than anyone that posts the same information, but cites a FB page as their source.

My post though was specifically referencing Stephens’ dad’s response which you seemed to miss (easy enough to do). Robert’s response only referenced that he hasn’t told them not that he’s not leaving hence why I didn’t believe the specific FB rumour you shared and why I still think there’s every chance he joins us (as Jen pointed out perhaps he’s waiting on an impending contract offer from Sydney or our coaching decision).

From my perspective you could still well be proven correct and at the same time you’ve been proven emphatically wrong. That’s basically why I don’t like the FB pages.

Knowing who our coach was first may help with any potential trade targets!
Doesn't matter who our coach will be Jen has read the tea leaves and knows "we're definitely interested"

2 key takeaways watching the first round of the finals in relation to the pies...

1. Contested Marking
  • This was particularly evident in the way Port and Melbourne dominated over the weekend. Both sides were dominant in the air at both ends of the ground.
  • We are extremely well set up defensively in the air (Roughy,Moore,Howe) however its through the middle and up forward which is where the concerns are
  • Grundy, as good as he is in the ruck and around the ground finding the footy - its his performance in the air that leaves a lot to be desired. This places such a big emphasis on our forward line, which is why I believe we need to play a operate with 3 tall forwards + Grundy
  • EG - Port (Lycett, Dixon, Marshall, Ladhams), Melbourne (Gawn, Brown, Jackson, McDonald)
  • This highlights the importance of targeting a KPF in the trade period this season and really looking to implement this set up
    • Grundy, Mihochek, Cameron, Kelly (if using current list)
    • You could slot a Weiderman/Riccardi in for Cameron or Kelly

2. Our top end talent is as good as most finals sides
  • My optimism for a quick rebuild is based on the fact that our top end talent is better than some of the teams that played in the finals over the weekend
    • Grundy, Moore, Adams, DeGoey, Maynard (5) are all elite level players at their positions
    • Pendlebury, Howe and Sidebottom (3) who are all up their in age are still high level contributors
    • Elliott, Crisp, Mihochek (3) are high quality players, consistently performing at a high level
  • While we had growth from many this year, we need to bring a few more into this category to take that leap. The key will be having 3-4 of the below moving into the above category or having a couple of surprise breakouts
    • Henry is a high end talent and one I expect the make that leap in the coming years
    • Josh Daicos and Isaac Quaynor are both good players, can they become great? Can they take the next step?
    • Nick Daicos, will he make an immediate, high level impact?
    • Macrae, with a full preseason, will he make that jump?

Agree with all of this. What stops us from being elite is our complete lack of KPP depth and talent.

Melbourne - May, Lever, Petty, Gawn, TMac, Brown, Jackson
PA - Aliir, Jonas, McKenzie, Lycett, Ladhams, Marshall, Dixon, Georgiades
WB (when fully fit) - Keath, Cordy/Gardner, Stef, English, Bruce, Naughton
Brisbane (fully fit) - Andrews, Gardiner, Adams, Big O, Daniher, Hipwood, McStay

Us - Roughead, Moore, Grundy, Cameron ..... Howe, Mihocek and others I'd have in the next category. We are at least 2 KPP's short of competing and Roughy is 30 already.

Will Kelly isn't upto it yet and the rest of our KPP talent is average ..... Gotta hope Begg, McMahon, Keane come on in leaps and bounds ... Lynch can become a forward.. I don't even know

Trade Whisperer and random FB accounts have been incredibly inaccurate since 2017 and yet in 2021 people still get sucked into them :drunk:
Not like anything to keep us entertained until trade period lol Gotta get invested in something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back