List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As any dad would do to take the pressure and spotlight off his son.

It was a comment on a meme FB page. I really don’t think that it was intended to relieve any pressure nor is Dylan under any. I think he legitimately just found the post amusing.

Wouldn’t mind a trade for Cody Weightman. We could do with some free kicks in front of goal next year.
I'm just going to put it out now - been seeing a lot of people on socials this evening calling Weightman a flog, etc. Granted, a lot from Essendon supporters, but still.

I personally think Weightman is a gun and I enjoy watching him be a pest. Dogs have a good one in him.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where are you getting this from? I think he would be a good pickup for where we are at but I havent seen any reputable sources other than an AFL.com article say we may target him
Just from the afl article stuff. Guess I'm taking it at face value. But whether it amounts to anything, is anyone's guess.

I'm just going to put it out now - been seeing a lot of people on socials this evening calling Weightman a flog, etc. Granted, a lot from Essendon supporters, but still.

I personally think Weightman is a gun and I enjoy watching him be a pest. Dogs have a good one in him.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Recently re-signed unfortunately.

I remember the kid from the draft. Idolised Jamie Elliott, was a avid pies fan, as they always are. lol

Trade Whisperer and random FB accounts have been incredibly inaccurate since 2017 and yet in 2021 people still get sucked into them :drunk:

Even worse, post them as a statement of fact without even referencing the source.

I think you nailed the concept because from one year to the next any bottom four team can go on a raid to then be the next super team. Who do you think they’re more likely to target fellow peasant clubs with huge war chests or teams that have shot their shot?
Perhaps I am missing something, but again why do people want to reward uncompetitive clubs so much?

Be uncompetitive for a couple of years, and be rewarded with an extra $2mil over the rest...that will just encourage tanking. Why would a team want to try and win 8 or 9 games and finish 11th?

The AFL don't want uncompetitive teams, and AFLPA don't want massive discrepancies between club payments. Clubs can already manipulate within the cap to front end contracts if they want.

I personally prefer trends over isolated stats. I see a trend in the following numbers 120.4%, 117.7%, 109.5% and 85.6%. With a new coach, Howe, Roughy, Steele and Pendles all a year older and our age profile comparative to those around us I’ll put my account on the line that our % will be sub 80 next year. Wanna take me on?
Not really a betting man, is putting your account on the line supposed to mean something??

Yes, all of the experts that will do their pre-season predictions will have us bottom 4 next year. How good are your trends in actually predicting future performance?

120.7%, 108.7%, 84.5%.....xxxx?
76.6%, 91.1%, 93.7%.....xxxx?
135.7%, 113.8%, 101.1%......xxxx?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brander & O’Brien.

We definitely need to be getting in the ear of Brander's agent right now imo.

O'Brien on the other hand at 28 and having only ever averaged even just 1 goal a game across a season once in his career (12 goals in each of his past three seasons at < 1 goal a game) is a hard pass for mine.

I reckon he’s absolutely rubbish.

At his height he should be playing key position. But he is completely incapable.

Conversely his skill set isn’t good enough to be playing wing or on the flanks. Particularly in comparison to his opponents in those positions.

For me the only thing going in his favour is that he’s tall… and that’s not enough.

Stick him at CHF with one job - get on his bike and push up the ground to provide a target when we're bringing the ball off half back and work back towards / inside F50 again when he isn't directly involved with the current chain of possession.

With his size and running capacity there's not many defenders who could go with him for a full 120 minutes in that role and it's definitely one we could use.

Mason Cox for Lipinski, maybe? Or at least some of the currency required.

Dogs could use a ruck, and Bruce will miss most of next year.

Obviously they have JUH, but there's nothing to say he'll be ready next year either

They'll need a draft pick coming back for Lipinski - will probably be looking for something in mid-to-late second round range in return.

What’s the track record of that particular Facebook page?
They'll need a draft pick coming back for Lipinski - will probably be looking for something in mid-to-late second round range in return.
We would want to be extremely careful about trading future 2nd rounders. Based on this years standing, that’s pick 20, which for a fringe player who can’t crack an AFL team is ridiculous overs.

We would want to be extremely careful about trading future 2nd rounders. Based on this years standing, that’s pick 20, which for a fringe player who can’t crack an AFL team is ridiculous overs.

Pretty sure I wrote "mid-to-late second rounder" there which equated to something in the late 20's to mid 30's.

The point I was making though is that the Bulldogs will want a decent points-carrying pick in exchange for Lipinski as they are desperate for points to match a potential early Darcy bid, so any trade with a player involved (like Cox or Lynch) and a later future pick is likely to be rejected out of hand.

At this stage I suspect that our chances of getting Lipinski across are, perhaps unfortunately, slim to none unless we somehow make out like bandits in the FA / trade period in terms of bringing in additional useful draft picks for the players we do part ways with as trade collateral above and beyond what is needed to secure Nick Daicos.

You can't put that up, it's from Facebook. Didn't you know that there some posters on here that know it's not true even though they have no ****ing idea themselves. Be careful because you might end up with a barrage of laughing emoji's from these BF experts. They are very heroic

Perhaps I am missing something, but again why do people want to reward uncompetitive clubs so much?

Be uncompetitive for a couple of years, and be rewarded with an extra $2mil over the rest...that will just encourage tanking. Why would a team want to try and win 8 or 9 games and finish 11th?

The AFL don't want uncompetitive teams, and AFLPA don't want massive discrepancies between club payments. Clubs can already manipulate within the cap to front end contracts if they want.

Not really a betting man, is putting your account on the line supposed to mean something??

Yes, all of the experts that will do their pre-season predictions will have us bottom 4 next year. How good are your trends in actually predicting future performance?

120.7%, 108.7%, 84.5%.....xxxx?
76.6%, 91.1%, 93.7%.....xxxx?
135.7%, 113.8%, 101.1%......xxxx?

You are if you think an advantage like that wouldn’t help a club like us rise quicker in 2 years time. Given your mind immediately went to tanking I think it might be a bit high level for you.

The bet isn’t really supposed to mean much in this case other than to highlight my confidence in my beliefs. I do run with it sometimes in an effort to rid the board of troll accounts. Funny that no one ever seems to take me up on it…

I have no idea who those clubs are nor why they’re relevant to Collingwood in 2022 and our circumstances? I don’t even think % is a good indicator of where a team is at it was you that brought it in to the discussion and used it incorrectly. Perhaps you could address why you think we’ll rise taking into consideration the factors I presented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back