List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Later than that. If he’s in the draft pool he’s a rookie at this stage and only because he showed small glimpses at VFL level. His NAB league season was below average and he’d need a big championship’s to jump into the 2nd round. TBH I wouldn’t be shocked if we passed on him altogether.

I think we'll take him. I don't think he's got much game sense at the moment, because in the two games I saw him he didn't get an easy kick, but his involvements screamed AFL. Strong over the ball and hits it at speed with intent and clean hands.

I think we'll take him. I don't think he's got much game sense at the moment, because in the two games I saw him he didn't get an easy kick, but his involvements screamed AFL. Strong over the ball and hits it at speed with intent and clean hands.

I am hearing this is very likely.

I think you're under-valuing it and disagree with you on this. Melbourne traded pick 2 for GWS' pick 9 and Dom Tyson years ago so rather than thinking clubs would have de-valued, it could have created a bidding war. Most clubs would give up a future first plus potentially a second for that. Or if we had cap space, could have offered it to Freo for Cerra plus a future second.

All moot now but 2 firsts and 2 seconds, for example, next year I'd take any day over Poulter and McMahon. I mean Poulter looks ok but he does not at this stage look like a bona fide future star.

Would have had more options than we do now and we may even slide back in next years draft if we have to go into deficit. Anyway, lets agree to disagree.

Saying we could have had 2 firsts and 2 seconds in '22 is flat out ignoring the requirement to pay for Daicos in points, which would eliminate the lower of the first picks and would maybe downgrade the 2nd one as well.

Everything I post is my view, and my experiences and witness accounts. At training. I don't expect anyone to take me at my word. Form your own opinion from vision I share, which I certainly don't have to.
But I shouldn't have to feel like because its my opinion, it doesn't have valid merit. But at the end of the day, it is my opinion.

If you don't appreciate it. Then that's fine, I'm not asking anyone to.

/out

To begin with this is directed at me yet you didn’t quote me which is poor form. Secondly your posts were inaccurate and you provided no source for your numbers or the quote. Lastly the reason for the thrust of my post is that people take your opinion as gospel because you attend so much training.

You are literally the most respected poster on this board so when you post factually wrong information or talk so emphatically about a kid (as you did with Briskey, McInness and Chugg) a lot of people take that fully on board without question which can lead to disappointment. I’d only ask you take more care with those opinions not that you don’t think twice about sharing them because despite disagreeing with you I’m one that loves your content…

Last edited:
Let’s fact check this. Bearing in mind these are NAB league numbers not national championship numbers.

Possession average: 20 v an actual of 13
I50 average: 7 v an actual of 3

Tackle numbers align and I guess if by “can kick a goal” you mean once every 4 matches with only 2 this year then yes I suppose he can kick a goal. Yep he was an AA two years ago which is an eternity in COVID times. Selection in the vic metro squad indicates he’s one of the best 40-50 kids in the state not the draft.

Who are you quoting? That could quite honestly be you judging by the wraps you have on him.

Twomey’s draft team of the year carries as much weight as yours or my opinion. It does at least suggest though that he’s one of the few AFL quality small defenders in the draft.

To reiterate at this time he’s only rated on here because he’s aligned to us.
Keep going and you'll end up in China, you are so far off on this that it's becoming laughable and to think you haven't even seen him play makes it sound like a desperate attempt to prove something you know nothing about

To begin with this is directed at me yet you didn’t quote me which is poor form. Secondly your posts were inaccurate and you provided no sauce for your numbers or the quote. Lastly the reason for the thrust of my post is that people take your opinion as gospel because you attend so much training.

You are literally the most respected poster on this board so when you post factually wrong information or talk so emphatically about a kid (as you did with Briskey, McInness and Chugg) a lot of people take that fully on board without question which can lead to disappointment. I’d only ask you take more care with those opinions not that you don’t think twice about sharing them because despite disagreeing with you I’m one that loves your content…
But they are opinions. I think we are old enough to use one’s measured opinion to form our own. Not sure why it is such a concern for you.
After all, these forums were setup for exactly that purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pie 4 Life I have this vague recollection of us being linked to Kreuger even in his draft year? Or am I imagining that?

Then Carlton got some ridiculous assistance...
Not sure, there's always tons of links tbh. Kreuger's issue was more him being considered difficult to coach (which was what was flying around the traps) and he was always raw. His potential was huge, but still had some fundamental things such as skills and his consistency to get right. He was strong in the air, athletic at ground level, always looked a likely type.

To begin with this is directed at me yet you didn’t quote me which is poor form. Secondly your posts were inaccurate and you provided no sauce for your numbers or the quote. Lastly the reason for the thrust of my post is that people take your opinion as gospel because you attend so much training.

Sco I enjoy your passion and your knowledge but at times you go right over the top.
Jen has my utmost respect and she does not deserve this.

Tough. Good skills. A tackling machine. Could be a real crumbing forward. Can also play half back, and midfield -- though at his height, you surely wouldn't at AFL level though.

As for a bid.. anywhere betweem 30-40... It's hard to say.
Sounds like Atu.

Wow, that’s a pretty decent highlight package.

Much better than what I was expecting. Seems to have some poise for a big fella.

Now a bit surprised he has not played more? What’s the downside with him?
Not so much downside, more the fact that Geelong nabbed Jeremy Cameron and there was no room for him

But they are opinions. I think we are old enough to use one’s measured opinion to form our own. Not sure why it is such a concern for you.
After all, these forums were setup for exactly that purpose.

Jen used factually wrong information so let’s separate that from the discussion on opinions. Specifically on opinions they’re like arseholes everyone has them so why are you challenging mine and not Jen’s when I’ve provided evidence to support mine?

If anyone came in here posting false information it would be called out. From there I didn’t deny Jen her opinion. It’s of concern to me because it pulls right at the integrity of our board and if you can’t see that as a reason to be concerned I think it says more for you than me. Serious question if it wasn’t Jen I was calling out would you care?..

Last edited:
I think it would also be because Wells is a bloody good recruiter - So there is a fair chance he would be decent but perhaps blocked by Geelongs backline which is pretty good.
Henderson was terrible last week, but I haven't paid much attention to his season as a whole.

The ones that broke my heart that day were the Pies players kicking down the line to contests instead of icing the clock in the last two minutes… Maxy didn’t play that day, and we lacked leadership on-field.
And the free kick against Rocca in the goal square!
EDIT: Already mentioned but happy to add my vote.

Last edited:
Jen used factually wrong information so let’s separate that from the discussion on opinions. If anyone came in here posting false information it would be called out. From there I didn’t deny Jen her opinion. If you aren’t sure why sharing false information is of concern to me I think that says more for you than me.
It's not your factuality Sco it's your manner, always aggressive though not in a bad way - but at times such as this - you go over the top.

Being right or wrong is one thing.

Showing respect is quite another.

Jen used factually wrong information so let’s separate that from the discussion on opinions. Specifically on opinions they’re like arseholes everyone has them so why are you challenging mine and not Jen’s when I’ve provided evidence to support mine?

If anyone came in here posting false information it would be called out. From there I didn’t deny Jen her opinion. It’s of concern to me because it pulls right at the integrity of our board and if you can’t see that as a reason to be concerned I think it says more for you than me. Serious question if it wasn’t Jen I was calling out would you care?..
I’m not challenging your opinions on players, the game etc. However, this seems to have moved on from that.

If the stats are incorrect, simply pointing that out would be sufficient.

And yes, to be honest I think many of us would defend Jen, because she puts in a mountain of work to keep us all informed which we appreciate. I don’t agree with all her assessments on players, but I doubt she would expect that.

Jen has no greater responsibility than any of us in what she says. After all, they are just opinions. There are players you get attached to. Particularly when you are at every training session and naturally develop more of an affinity with the players.

I thought last year we might have a sniff around Parker given that Ned Guy was his former manager, before it was known just how bad our cap was.

Can't see him leaving Sydney 🤷
I have long dreamed of Parker in B&W stripes. Such a gun, and has been for 7 years now. Incredibly durable too.

Moore in present terms is worth far more if you just look at ability alone. However,

- McDonald plays a more valuable role
- Moore has severe durability issues (so his impact per season takes a discount)
- It's 5-6 years of service from Moore vs 9-11 from McDonald
- McDonald is much cheaper in terms of salary over the next few years, which fits our salary cap structure (allows us to survive during the period where we pay for Treloar/Phillips)
- Even if we get a dream scenario and get pick 1 for Moore (highly unlikely but anyways), there's no guarantee we can find a KPF to the quality of Mcdonald in a standard draft

If McDonald for Moore is offered I'm taking it.

You have no idea whether McDonald will be more durable than Moore - it’s pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back