List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he do that having a drink with a player who had just got injured? Guarantee the players would be laughing about it. You never had a mate have an embarrassing stuff up? If he wants to go, all for it, but you don't build culture by pushing out your club legends.
Two things

1 He doesn't deserve to be pushed.
2 He fked up big time - lockdown rules SAVE LIVES - so should never captain.

Everyone gets so defensive whenever someone suggests trading Sidebottom.

Yes he has played some good footy in 2018/2019, but he dogged the boys in 2020 and has been a bit of a yo-yo this year.

If the Suns came and offered to trade us pick 19 or Fiorini/Sharp and/or offered to take his whole wage (unlikely) you'd be silly not to look at it.

We need to make some shrewd moves, otherwise if our draftees don't come on quickly we'll be treading water down the bottom for a few years yet.
He "dogged the boys" If you are suggesting about him going home for his child... you are seriously childish. Grow up.

Two things

1 He doesn't deserve to be pushed.
2 He fked up big time - lockdown rules SAVE LIVES - so should never captain.
I wouldn't make him captain based on his on field form and age Just about everyone has broken a lockdown rule at some point. He stuffed up, but using that as an excuse to trade him reeks of trying to tarnish Treloar to get him out the door.

Sidebottom would be the 2nd best 1 club player we've had this century.

I wouldn't make him captain based on his on field form and age Just about everyone has broken a lockdown rule at some point. He stuffed up, but using that as an excuse to trade him reeks of trying to tarnish Treloar to get him out the door.

Sidebottom would be the 2nd best 1 club player we've had this century.
No not just about everyone - very few have, just that ratbag small percentage that believe they have the right to put others lives at risk.

For you to trot out such . . . . unadulterated tripe convinces me to save further time and block you now.

Considering the players in question have minimal value--second round compo is incredible value
Minimal value according to? They've both been offered decent contracts and will play big parts in their respective teams next year. Chol has showed great potential and Hewitt has shown he can consistently play out a season.

No not just about everyone - very few have, just that ratbag small percentage that believe they have the right to put others lives at risk.

For you to trot out such . . . . unadulterated tripe convinces me to save further time and block you now.
Lol you're obviously sensitive to the issue, but if you think the majority of people are following every rule to the exact then your very naive.

I'm in the small minority of BF basket cases that has no problem with the club looking to get back into the first round 2021.

IMO, I would have no problem with the club targeting a player such as Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera with their future first.

Lipinski sits behind one of the strongest midfields assembled in recent years. Even Treloar battled to start in the middle with them.
Kreuger sits behind Hawkins and Cameron for a spot.
Josh Kennedy couldnā€™t get a good run at Hawthorn because of Mitchell, Sewell etc and went to Swans where he became a star. On a lesser note, Heath Scotland found a gig in the midfield for the Blues when he wasnā€™t a regular with us and became a strong player for them.
I am hoping the Graham Wright influence has found us a couple of gems here.

Bloke who just won our BnF was a fringe type player at Brisbane who at time were a pretty average team.

People don't get it this is how you build squads get blokes from other teams who were kept out by gun players in positions that we lack.

GC did it with us for Witts, he could only play one position we had top 3 ruckman.

Lipinksi is a pure midfielder that needs to be played in the middle, Dunkley and Treloar can't even get in that midfield.

Bloke who just won our BnF was a fringe type player at Brisbane who at time were a pretty average team.

People don't get it this is how you build squads get blokes from other teams who were kept out by gun players in positions that we lack.

GC did it with us for Witts, he could only play one position we had top 3 ruckman.

Lipinksi is a pure midfielder that needs to be played in the middle, Dunkley and Treloar can't even get in that midfield.

Not sure you could call Crisp a fringe player, just still pretty young and I'm fairly sure out of contract. From memory he finished off his last season at Brisbane in their team, including a game against us.

You're right though, the players in-and-out of contending teams can have some value. You don't expect them to be your stars, but they represent good value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go at look at how many 2nd round picks end up not playing a game. When did a 2nd round draft pick become such currency round here.
Particularly end of second round, which is typically 36-40.

Not sure you could call Crisp a fringe player, just still pretty young and I'm fairly sure out of contract. From memory he finished off his last season at Brisbane in their team, including a game against us.

You're right though, the players in-and-out of contending teams can have some value. You don't expect them to be your stars, but they represent good value.
He played the final 6 games of the year at Brisbane. He was the very definition of fringe at the time, promising, but yet to entrench himself as permanent best 22.

View attachment 1251413

How does this bloke have a job and a Brownlow medal? Heā€™s fknnn clueless.

Being a former footballer gives you clear reign to show 0 IQ and knowledge about anything football related but you will never hear them being berated or taken off air because as I said, former footballer with a Brownlow medal. Gotta give him air time LOL

Nah, by being found naked in Williamstown when the whole city/state was supposed to be in lock down.

Haha wow.

Short memories

Wouldnā€™t even bother, I literally brought it up a page back and got told the boys wouldā€™ve laughed about it and it was okay because he was with Lynden Dunn following an injury. Some people on here are just laughable. Itā€™s that stupid attitude that has us getting 1500 cases a day again in VIC, people just laughing it off like it doesnā€™t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back