List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with the "smarts" comment. I think Cox has a very natural feel for the game. I'd go so far as to suggest he has better footy smarts than Grundy.
I've lost count of the number of deft tap ons, quick hands in close and willingness to move the pill on quickly moments he has had in his career.

His failure to have an impact this year was due to a couple of freak injuries and a loss of confidence after being dropped while playing well.
Agree he’s a capable player, I think the footy smarts that he lacks though are in contest stuff out positioning and out bodying opponents to mark.

I think he’s a victim ofa system that makes it hard for any forward.

If Cerra goes to Melbs that spells trouble for Gus Brayshaw. As an inside MID he is very very good. Been stuck on a wing for a few years now. I hope we go after him, a FA at the end of next year. Any takers? He’s 187cm so a great height and he’d consider a move imo. In 2018 playing exclusively as a MID he averaged nearly 5 clearances a game and was top 30 in the league for CP’s. He lit us up last year when he got a game in the guts. But moving forward he will sit behind Oliver Trac Viney Harmes Jordon for on ball use and Langdon Cerra for outside as well.

The best part is that he’s only 25. The perfect age profile.

He's 2 concussions away from considering giving the game away

Is Jake Riccardi an Italian cousin of Lou and Ron Richards?

No I don't think so, but he may have dabbled in an alternative sport outside of Australian rules football on a semi-regular basis at a local community sporting venue during his developmental years, so that might be worth further investigation.

If Cerra goes to Melbs that spells trouble for Gus Brayshaw. As an inside MID he is very very good. Been stuck on a wing for a few years now. I hope we go after him, a FA at the end of next year. Any takers? He’s 187cm so a great height and he’d consider a move imo. In 2018 playing exclusively as a MID he averaged nearly 5 clearances a game and was top 30 in the league for CP’s. He lit us up last year when he got a game in the guts. But moving forward he will sit behind Oliver Trac Viney Harmes Jordon for on ball use and Langdon Cerra for outside as well.

The best part is that he’s only 25. The perfect age profile.

Might go play with his brother in Fremantle…

Last edited:
Agree he’s a capable player, I think the footy smarts that he lacks though are in contest stuff out positioning and out bodying opponents to mark.

I think he’s a victim ofa system that makes it hard for any forward.

One thing that is for certain is that he (Cox) has never really gotten the rub of the green from umpires on arm chops, head "spoils" or being pushed under the ball.

Some other forwards you see in different coloured guernseys manage to get a free kick any time a defender barely breathes on them in a marking contest.

It's almost as if umpires don't even see Cox sometimes, so blatant are the arm chops or pushes he receives without a whistle ever being blown.

One thing that is for certain is that he (Cox) has never really gotten the rub of the green from umpires on arm chops, head "spoils" or being pushed under the ball.

Some other forwards you see in different coloured guernseys manage to get a free kick any time a defender barely breathes on them in a marking contest.

It's almost as if umpires don't even see Cox sometimes, so blatant are the arm chops or pushes he receives without a whistle ever being blown.
It's far too blatant to be accidental or coincidental
That leaves only one option

Looks like Jarrod Cameron has played his last game for the Eagles, he could be worth looking at

Get him! Forget Stengle get this kid onto the list (if he’s not gone for reasons no one can touch him). I also hope we’re monitoring the Kennedy situation because if he’s open to a move to Vic he’s a much better option than the trash that keeps getting recycled on here. Two year deal into a coaching gig.

Last edited:
Get him! Forget Stengle get this kid onto the list (if he’s not gone for reasons no one can touch him). I also hope we’re monitoring the Kennedy situation because if he’s open to a move to Vic he’s a much better option than the trash that keeps getting recycled on here. Two year deal into a coaching gig.
Unconfirmed rumours he is struggling with niggling injuries and is taking a year off.

I've mentioned Kennedy a few times and it's definitely an interesting one. He's exactly what our list needs in that he could play alongside Mihocek and Cameron.

But at the same time he probably won't get up for every game next year and any chance that Begg, McMahon or Kelly had to get a game probably disappear.

Would be a brilliant mentor for the above mentioned guys, though, even if it is coaching from the sidelines during or after his career.

Just another curious case of the high-performing KPF that went for Collingwood as a kid...

PIES LEAD LIPINSKI CHASE

COLLINGWOOD is in pole position to land Western Bulldogs midfielder Patrick Lipinski.

AFL.com.au revealed in August that the 23-year-old was weighing interest from the Magpies and Carlton while also being offered a three-year contract from the Bulldogs.

But the Magpies are understood to be favoured to secure Lipinski, who is out of contract and has been unable to land a permanent spot in the Bulldogs' star-studded midfield.

hEA867jk.jpg

Patrick Lipinski in action during the Bulldogs' win over North Melbourne in round 16, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

The Dogs don't want to lose him, as evidenced in their offer which would secure him until the end of 2024, but Lipinski has had limited opportunities this season and been in and out of the line-up.

He has played 56 games for the Dogs after joining the club at the 2016 NAB AFL Draft with pick No.28.

Lewis Young and Roarke Smith also remain out of contract at the Bulldogs, as does the club's vice-captain Mitch Wallis, who has been presented an offer to remain as well. – Callum Twomey

Last edited:
I've mentioned Kennedy a few times and it's definitely an interesting one. He's exactly what our list needs in that he could play alongside Mihocek and Cameron.

But at the same time he probably won't get up for every game next year and any chance that Begg, McMahon or Kelly had to get a game probably disappear.

Would be a brilliant mentor for the above mentioned guys, though, even if it is coaching from the sidelines during or after his career.

Just another curious case of the high-performing KPF that went for Collingwood as a kid...

It’ll teach them elite standards, they’d be in a similar spot with Weideman/ Riccardi/ Krueger and making them earn a spot > gifting games. It’s a no brainer for me if he’s open to it. If he only plays 15 matches next year is there anyone that doesn’t think he’d kick 30+? I’d personally be shocked if any of the guys that get routinely mentioned could go at more than 1 a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarrod is apparently taking the year off football altogether while he's wrestling with some mental health issues.

Hasn't had a concussion in 2 years I believe, playing on the wing. If he came up, club would be silly not have a go, he's a gun.

Doubt he'll ever leave Melbourne.

He was a gun for 18 months back in 2018-19, but he's faded pretty quickly from there.

I've watched a fair bit of him and he largely just looks disinterested a lot of the time and his positioning around stoppages when he is playing through the middle is pretty bad, kinda like Devon Smith where he's always a bit out of position and a few steps too slow to react to the play unfolding in front of him.

He's pretty average now and would of be no real use to us in a team that is in the early stages of a rebuild as his career will be in its twilight when we're contending next, so he's not somebody I'd want to be recruiting at this point.

It’ll teach them elite standards, they’d be in a similar spot with Weideman/ Riccardi/ Krueger and making them earn a spot > gifting games. It’s a no brainer for me if he’s open to it. If he only plays 15 matches next year is there anyone that doesn’t think he’d kick 30+? I’d personally be shocked if any of the guys that get routinely mentioned could go at more than 1 a game.

You've just about sold me.

I still remember that pre-season training video of Kennedy grappling with a WCE defender (I think Schofield, but I could be wrong). Just tremendous work rate and despite being held in a manner which would gift Kennedy a free kick in actual game play, he was still able to take the mark. Having that to witness at training would also benefit the likes of Moore in the backline.

He'd have to be willing to forgive Keane for almost breaking his ankle, of course...

And he'd probably have to settle for about 200k.

You've just about sold me.

I still remember that pre-season training video of Kennedy grappling with a WCE defender (I think Schofield, but I could be wrong). Just tremendous work rate and despite being held in a manner which would gift Kennedy a free kick in actual game play, he was still able to take the mark. Having that to witness at training would also benefit the likes of Moore in the backline.

He'd have to be willing to forgive Keane for almost breaking his ankle, of course...

And he'd probably have to settle for about 200k.

Same as Pendles, IMO, so more than $200k, but up to $400k.

Collingwood tried this in 2018, 2019 and 2020 and asked Josh the question multiple times - and each time he signed a one-year deal with WC.

I agree, it would have been invaluable and I would still do it today - for all the reasons you've detailed and more - but I think we're flogging a dead horse at this point.

Collingwood tried this in 2018, 2019 and 2020 and asked Josh the question multiple times - and each time he signed a one-year deal with WC.

I agree, it would have been invaluable and I would still do it today - for all the reasons you've detailed and more - but I think we're flogging a dead horse at this point.

Maybe so. Just lean it towards the coaching side of things more than anything and it doesn't reek of desperation so much.

Would cost us nothing after all... UFA.

Unless of course we're losing Josh Thomas as a UFA, we'd be at risk of jeopodising (hopefully) any third round compensation that he may get us.

Kennedy would buy us development time if we use next years 1st on a key forward.

Considering Daic's has already committed to the Pies, you would think a club wouldn't bother bidding, in the first 3 at least, unless they just want to be a-holes....
I think most clubs would bid on a player if thats who they would want. The integrity of the system works better that way also. For us in this instance its better if Daics drops but I suspect he will be the first mane called.

PIES LEAD LIPINSKI CHASE

COLLINGWOOD is in pole position to land Western Bulldogs midfielder Patrick Lipinski.

AFL.com.au revealed in August that the 23-year-old was weighing interest from the Magpies and Carlton while also being offered a three-year contract from the Bulldogs.

But the Magpies are understood to be favoured to secure Lipinski, who is out of contract and has been unable to land a permanent spot in the Bulldogs' star-studded midfield.

hEA867jk.jpg

Patrick Lipinski in action during the Bulldogs' win over North Melbourne in round 16, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

The Dogs don't want to lose him, as evidenced in their offer which would secure him until the end of 2024, but Lipinski has had limited opportunities this season and been in and out of the line-up.

He has played 56 games for the Dogs after joining the club at the 2016 NAB AFL Draft with pick No.28.

Lewis Young and Roarke Smith also remain out of contract at the Bulldogs, as does the club's vice-captain Mitch Wallis, who has been presented an offer to remain as well. – Callum Twomey

It's interesting that both Brisbane and GC are likely going to need to delist then rookie players to open up the required 3 list spots for the draft this year. I wonder if there are other clubs in the same boat? They've removed the rule where you can automatically re-rookie without going through the rookie draft. That may present us additional opportunities holding pick 2. I wonder if there'll be anyone of interest?

I think most clubs would bid on a player if thats who they would want. The integrity of the system works better that way also. For us in this instance its better if Daics drops but I suspect he will be the first mane called.
That’s what I’m thinking.
If Daicos is Number 1 on their draft board…they select him.
I’m prepared for a Pick 1 match.
Anything lower (after pick one) is a bonus (in terms of matching points required).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back