List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget his had 2 interrupted seasons with injures only 20.I think it not just his fault he gets low possessions we have see when his let of the of the leash from his defence game he can attack.
Agree.Let him off the leash.

Realistically that is all we need as far as output. Our midfield has performed excellently when at full strength and firing. Friday was an anomaly and we had injured players such as Dusty and Lambo on the comeback trail.

If Prestia and Crouch were to rotate through the side while keeping the rest of the lads on the park it'd be a win. Only going to not improve depth if we have to trade away one of our starting mids. Add to this that we have improvement left in quite a few players, such as Higgo, Rioli, etc re midfield time and strength.
I like Crouch but he would be on decent coin and we’d be taking over his current contract with the Crows. It’s what I’d term an extremely risky move which could hinder us from making a play for other targets next year and beyond. If however he was to get his body right....

From Friday nights team, Conca, Broad, Castagna, Grigg and Houli go out.

Garthwaite comes in for Broad. Rance gets more of a free man intercept role.

Grigg goes out for a mobile first/second ruck. Could Casboult be the short term answer before Balta develops? If Balta is ready to go next year than no, but if he needs extra time, Casboult could be more impactful in 2019.

Menadue/Naish/Markov comes in for Houli.
Needs to be a few changes to our best 22 next year.

Bolton comes in for Castagna.

We need a pure midfield stopper- Could that be McIntosh? Or Jack Graham playing tighter? Think we can fit only one of these guys in the side. We need to recruit an inside mid - perhaps that’s Will Brodie or even SPP. I’d prefer the former but he’d cost us more. Crouch would be ideal although unlikely.

Conca goes for Lynch. Not like for like, but someone has to go.

Vlastuin. Garthwaite Grimes
Rance Astbury Short
Prestia. Crouch Edwards
Higgins Riewoldt Caddy
Bolton. Lynch Rioli
Nankervis. Cotchin Martin

Casboult Mena/Markov McIntosh/Graham,
Stengle/Butler

Fringe players Conca, Lloyd stay.
Does Castagna stay or do we shop him around?
Houli and Grigg kept for injuries.
Baker and Naish to push for selection.
Balta and CCJ to push for Casboults spot.

Trade B Ellis - pick 25-35
Trade Broad - 30-40
Trade Miles/CEllis 40-50

Not sure what Crouch would cost us. Our first rounder and the B Ellis pick?
Casboult and Lynch are free agents so no cost there.

Go to the draft with 2 picks in the 30s and one in the 40s.

Out- Griffiths, Hampson, Ellis x 2, Broad, Miles, perhaps Drummond?

In - Lynch, Casboult, Crouch, 2 picks in the 30s and one in the 40s, one in the 60s.

you lost me at casboult

I really really hope the midfielder we are chasing that cannot be named as yet by Tiger71 is Scully.

Seems a few clubs are chasing him! He would be a great get for us and fill a need in the middle.
He's not really the big bodied, contested ball mid we're after though, is he?

I really really hope the midfielder we are chasing that cannot be named as yet by Tiger71 is Scully.

Seems a few clubs are chasing him! He would be a great get for us and fill a need in the middle.
The Plastics would have to pay half his wage for the next 4yrs to fit in our cap.lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth Tiger71 told me of our interest in crouch before a podcast maybe 5 months ago but didnt feel comfortable putting it out there as the talks were very much under the radar and didn't want to harm the club.
Good old micro penis strikes again

One thing i dont understand is how people think rumours on a bloody footy fan forum would effect clubs?
I highly doubt if Brad Crouch got linked to us on here 5 months ago it would bother the Tigers haha...
No offence of course...

If you got Crouch and got him right then it would be huge.

Not sure how he would fit in the cap but we did front end for years and guys have taken pay cuts.

Other clubs are very creative and I'm sure Balme and co can be too.

Not so sure Scully is still on a huge salary and so I wouldn't be expecting anyone to match what he was on if he moved.
Well, we wouldn't have to take his old man like GWS did.

Adelaide will make stupid demands for crouch because it’s us.

Scully will be too expensive.
Not so sure about that myself.

They already have picks 7, 14, 19 and will also get pick 11 once the AFL give Carlton a priority pick to trade for McGovern. You then throw in our pick 16 and they have 7, 11, 14, 16, 19.

I'd dare say they will be content with that haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back