Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit of a whacky viewpoint here.

I think we should put serious consideration into ....

Will Langford.

What's that you say? we already have a bunch of 190 cm bulls who win the hard ball?

When you have a team that can already put their centre to full forward, their full forward into the guts, their two other inside mids as marking targets, you can only build flexibility by adding a Langford type.

He's clean, fast, strong and Lukey Beveridge knows him.

Having said that though he LOVES hawthorn so this is some pretty pie in the sky shit

bit of a whacky viewpoint here.

I think we should put serious consideration into ....

Will Langford.

What's that you say? we already have a bunch of 190 cm bulls who win the hard ball?

When you have a team that can already put their centre to full forward, their full forward into the guts, their two other inside mids as marking targets, you can only build flexibility by adding a Langford type.

He's clean, fast, strong and Lukey Beveridge knows him.

Having said that though he LOVES hawthorn so this is some pretty pie in the sky shit
close to signing a 4 year deal to remain at hawks

Langford is soft no thanks
Skeletor isn't that soft
latest

Just our first pick what ever it is.
I'll probably get flamed but add Talia and hunter in the package. Imagine we'd have 3 talls >198cm in Toyd, Carlisle and Roughead who are all big mobile blokes who can play multi positions in ruck, forward and back (besides Toyd). Match up nightmare for the opposition.

Our depth of quality youth is the envy of a lot of teams. Particularly with kids like Webb coming in and playing well, whilst there are another 5-7 worthy of a shot at best 22.

Stephen Wells has been sending staff to watch Footscray play each week.

Our depth of quality youth is the envy of a lot of teams. Particularly with kids like Webb coming in and playing well, whilst there are another 5-7 worthy of a shot at best 22.

If that's the case, we're at the serious point where a young bloke not in our 22 could get poached by another club merely for seniors playing opportunity - something that's been in reverse for us as a club over the last couple of years.
Both a good and bad sign I suppose.

Maybe they are monitoring the progress of Joel Hamling as there was
surprise and angst at his delisting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter who we trade for or who we draft, our biggest recruit in the next twelve months is coming of the injury list.

Liiibbbaaaa! Crazy to think our best player is injured at the moment!

Perplexes me that we're persisting with Cordy. It's clear he cannot contribute at this level in the ruck. The amount of times Sydney got an easy tap to advantage and subsequent clearance due to the non pressure of Cordy in the ruck was uncountable. Pyke was only 2 hitouts away from the all time record tonight, it was only because Cordy was subbed that he didn't. It's clear that Drink is a thinker though so we've got to back his judgement in. He seemed quite positive of Cordy in the presser, it smelt a bit like an attempted confidence booster for the poor guy. I'm happy we're giving him a chance to swim but he's looking like sinking at the moment. I just don't see it, I don't see what he projects to long term.

Strengths:
- Decent aerobic capacity? (subbed at 3 qtr time)
- Adept at reading the game
- Skills okay for a ruckman
- Decent vision
- ?

Weaknesses:
- Can't ruck
- Can't mark
- No strength (can't bring the ball to ground)
- Can't find the ball to showcase said 'okay' skills
- No aggression

IMO we need to find a Stefan Martin or a Mark Bilcavs type player. While not being dominant in the ruck these two can find the pill and put fantastic pressure on around the ground suiting our new found game style.

#inbevwetrust

I believe he wishes to trade back Hamling for a first rounder ;)

I'll probably get flamed but add Talia and hunter in the package. Imagine we'd have 3 talls >198cm in Toyd, Carlisle and Roughead who are all big mobile blokes who can play multi positions in ruck, forward and back (besides Toyd). Match up nightmare for the opposition.
No way in the whole wide world, Bombers would take that deal with the biggest smiles on their faces....lol Talia alone is will be as good a defender as Carlisle but to add him and hunter and our first draft pick is insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back