Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know sentiment doesn’t win you premierships but to see
  • Jake Stringer
  • Luke Dahlhaus
  • Joel Hambling
  • Lachie Hunter
  • Jordan Roughead
  • Josh Dunkley
  • Zane Cordy
and now potentially Jack Macrae and Caleb Daniel finish their careers at opposition clubs is disappointing. I get a couple maybe, but something is not quite right for there to be that many.
Only one we wanted to keep was dunkley and maybe hamling who's body broke down. I think our strike rate is good

I know sentiment doesn’t win you premierships but to see
  • Jake Stringer
  • Luke Dahlhaus
  • Joel Hambling
  • Lachie Hunter
  • Jordan Roughead
  • Josh Dunkley
  • Zane Cordy
and now potentially Jack Macrae and Caleb Daniel finish their careers at opposition clubs is disappointing. I get a couple maybe, but something is not quite right for there to be that many.
  1. Stringer hasn't was lived up to 2015 and was largely used to bring in Richards. WIN.
  2. Dahlhaus did very little at Geelong and his compo brought in West. WIN.
  3. We wanted to keep Hamling. The pick we got for him was a key part of the pick upgrade which got us Lipinski though. 50/50
  4. Hunter did nothing for Melbourne and has now retired. Was bad for our culture. WIN.
  5. We got barely anything for Roughy and he was great for Collingwood. LOSS.
  6. Wanted to keep Dunkley and he's been similar at Brissy. LOSS.
  7. We basically replaced Cordy on the list with Liam Jones. Big WIN.
All in all we've gone quite well. Roughy and Dunkley the only clear losses and I'd say Roughy is the only one to improve after they left club (relative to his last year with us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back