Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nicholls will come good with time, just his durability worries me a little, though it's not as bad as Vardy's

Seen Grundy start to flourish once handed the sole number 1 role at the Pies for example

No on B Ellis, way too similar to Hunter, both do not have an attacking element to their games and I can't see what value having them two + Macrae in the same midfield who aren't damaging by foot

Would much rather Stephen Hill if we wanted a wingman, beautiful kick of the footy and punishes teams when required
Hunter was a forward flank forward pocket player in his junior years i am sure he is ok forward, just misses shots once in a while like most forwards

Anyone know who Wallis's manager might be? And who is in that managers stable of players.
Because I believe wallis' manager met with Beveridge this morning
Ramanauskas from Craig Kelly's group. Formerly ESP, then purchased by a big US group called TLA worldwide. Same group own Melbourne City and the Storm.

Anyone know who Wallis's manager might be? And who is in that managers stable of players.
Because I believe wallis' manager met with Beveridge this morning

Bev wouldn't meet players agents it's not his portfolio

Hunter was a forward flank forward pocket player in his junior years i am sure he is ok forward, just misses shots once in a while like most forwards
He can crumb goals but we are yet to see him kicking goals on the run from handball receives, yet to see him deliver bullets hitting up Stringer, Redpath etc

Dahl, Stringer and Daniel are far more accomplished in their finishing/delivery compared to Hunter imo

He can crumb goals but we are yet to see him kicking goals on the run from handball receives, yet to see him deliver bullets hitting up Stringer, Redpath etc

Dahl, Stringer and Daniel are far more accomplished in their finishing/delivery compared to Hunter imo
It was drummed out of him in his early years. Now he seems gun shy. Used to be a bit too selfish, now he's the complete opposite.

It was drummed out of him in his early years. Now he seems gun shy. Used to be a bit too selfish, now he's the complete opposite.
He used to do things that makes Dunstall melt like the dribble kicks and stuff that lead him to being dropped in 2014

He just has to find the right balance of when to pull the trigger and when not to pull the trigger, I really hope he can work on this

He used to do things that makes Dunstall melt like the dribble kicks and stuff that lead him to being dropped in 2014

He just has to find the right balance of when to pull the trigger and when not to pull the trigger, I really hope he can work on this
Absolutely, it's a balancing act. I'm sure he's working on it all the time, I don't think he's still anywhere near the final product.

Absolutely, it's a balancing act. I'm sure he's working on it all the time, I don't think he's still anywhere near the final product.
Macrae on the other hand I don't think has the potential to add a finishing product to his game, so adding a player like Ellis who is like the right footed version of Macrae/Hunter imo wouldn't help our midfield, he'll seagull and get a ton of the footy like the 2 we already have, but I have my doubts on him forward of centre

Macrae on the other hand I don't think has the potential to add a finishing product to his game, so adding a player like Ellis who is like the right footed version of Macrae/Hunter imo wouldn't help our midfield, he'll seagull and get a ton of the footy like the 2 we already have, but I have my doubts on him forward of centre
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of Macrae, I think he definitely has the potential but I do agree that Ellis is not something we want or need.

Ramanauskas from Craig Kelly's group. Formerly ESP, then purchased by a big US group called TLA worldwide. Same group own Melbourne City and the Storm.
Melbourne City is now 100% owned by the City Football Group (Sheikh Mansour). Bart Campbell (TLA) and other partners sold their 20% share.

Remember the game against GC a couple of years back in the Mcartney era where he dominated the last quarter and kicked two goals both if I remember correctly about 40 out. He just seems to be be lacking confidence at having a shit in the last 18 months.

Edit: Lol I'm going to leave it

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite runners who can find the ball are the way of the future with reduced interchange coming IMO.

If you find his under 18 stats and you will have a different view

Haven't seen enough of Ellis to comment appropriately. Didn't notice him much the other week when we played them.

Hunter doesn't seem to me to have the penetration in his kicking or hit targets regularly enough to take him to the next level. Tidy up his kicking, get a reasonable right foot and he could become really important player for us as we push the next couple of years. He's S igned up for an extension and can't see him wanting to leave due to our clubs postice future and relationships with our key players.

Haven't seen enough of Ellis to comment appropriately. Didn't notice him much the other week when we played them.

Hunter doesn't seem to me to have the penetration in his kicking or hit targets regularly enough to take him to the next level. Tidy up his kicking, get a reasonable right foot and he could become really important player for us as we push the next couple of years. He's S igned up for an extension and can't see him wanting to leave due to our clubs postice future and relationships with our key players.

From what I've seen of Ellis he has more penetration than Hunter or Macrae but he can turn it over. Has been chip kicking a bit more recently bu that seems to be the Tiges shitty gameplan.

I disagree. Not saying it might not be in our favor but it's not as clean cut as you make it out. That's well overs considering he wants to go anyway.

Matter of opinion I guess but Hurley is worth a top 5 pick and $800k to me, Hunter a late first rounder and $500k

Matter of opinion I guess but Hurley is worth a top 5 pick and $800k to me, Hunter a late first rounder and $500k

In a normal open market.

But what's going to happen with a top line player contracted to a club which has dismally failed its duty of care to its players, found guilty by the AFL, WADA and Worksafe, whose manager reckons that club is a bunch of campaigners and who has access to a grievance process to declare him a DFA which will undoubtedly succeed?

I reckon we offer them our first rounder in good faith and if they piss around, say all bets off and go down the DFA route.

**** them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back