Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they want us to believe is that it was illicit. Why not just self report or get a strike?
ccea30fa858f9323564017def24ab94b.jpg

Taking some kind of perverse pleasure out of it might be wrong. But I'm happy with not being a completely morally centred person. Let me tell you Yojimbo, it is the spice of life.

Suck shit Whitfield.
I'd have some measure of sympathy for almost any other club.
GWS are the spoiled trust-fund kid of the competition and with 2-3 exceptions they have the sookiest, most humourless supporters in the league so anything that hurts them is a positive.

GWS clearly have governance issues and need to be rubbed out of the finals this year.

Draft sanctions are BS. They need to get whacked with a reduced salary cap...

Of course reality is Lachie likely gets a 6 month suspension and barely misses a game while the club gets off.

GWS clearly have governance issues and need to be rubbed out of the finals this year.

Of course reality is Lachie likely gets a 6 month suspension and barely misses a game while the club gets off.

Given that they still have an inflated cap, a reduction might start to bring them back to the pack and operating the same the other sides have for the last 100 years.

GWS governance was set up by the AFL. No way they whack their own.

Wada won't allow afl to have another lenient outcome. AFL caused them much grief over failing to sanction Bombers.... This time there are no grounds for discounts IF you accept the SMS as truth.

If they apply penalty to every club with a powder hound playing
for them there will be no competition in 2017. Whitfield will be
punished as will any complicit officials let us move on and not
use Whitfield as an excuse to mask our trade period, where is
MD when you need him ?:oops:

Wonder if Alex Silvagni goes back to Casey? VD?
Maybe
Havent heard anything, wouldnt be a bad move for him.
Gives them backline experience depending on if a few players are drafted from melb pov

More evidence of the toxic masculine culture that was on display during the prelim.
I like this comment. Apart from the victory against GWS in the Prelim after watching some of the carry on from their players during the game considering they have only ever won one final left me feeling extremely confident we will have the wood over them in future years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have some measure of sympathy for almost any other club.
GWS are the spoiled trust-fund kid of the competition and with 2-3 exceptions they have the sookiest, most humourless supporters in the league so anything that hurts them is a positive.
I have some measure of sympathy for Whitfield but absolutely none for GWS and their top brass.

I love it how Collingwood got gubby allan for his GWS connections for when Shiel, Kelly etc went out of contract for 2017 and he might not even be able to work for them next year.

Josh Dunkley is going to be an absolute star. Very much in the Josh Kennedy mould, bullocking mid that can kick multiple goals.

And you know he will get to that level by just watching his season review interview, so level headed for a kid in his first year that just won a premiership.

Was emergency in the afl website best 22. Madness.

Do we have any more players out of contract? Prudes got resigned for a year didnt he?
No, Prudden is the only uncontracted senior list player. R.Smith and Lynch are also uncontracted because rookie contracts are only for 1 year.

VD says Pruden has been given a deal, but no published article that I am aware of has ever stated this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back