Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi doggies, I come in peace.

Not sure if any of you guys have inside info to confirm what I'm about to say

But I saw Matt Sucking at the holden centre at 7:20 this morning

smelling the roses maybe?
Suckling is currently in Hong Kong (well he was a couple of days ago) and has bright blonde bleached hair. Certainly would've stood out.

I wish people would stop beating up on the Bulldogs. All the management have said is ‘we’re open to trading Jake.’ All the other shit has come from elsewhere.

You can only control what is in your domain. Am I alone in thinking the club has handled this very well?

We’re clearly dealing with f**kwits
We don't give them what they want, so endless assumptions and stuff come out way

Our PR is reserved and well measured AND consistent

Also a number of high profile "jernalists" have probably been blacklisted by us, Barrett etc, so the anti-Bulldogs narrative coming from these flogs ad nauseam is just them reporting with a chip on their shoulder imo.

Jake and his dad have the exact same voice. Even the unmistakeable quiver. Mr Stringer seems a little more switched on though.

Bevo told us at the B&F that we need to "Look for Trouble" again. What a great place to start!!

️... was thinking the exact same thing.

I would love nothing more to see us hold our ground right through. I sincerely hope we do.

Watching used car salesmen (sorry to any used car salesmen ) losing their sh1t getting and getting increasingly more desperate is highly entertaining. Connors has everything riding on this - he wasn’t even Jake’s primary manager at the start of this - he had his minion looking after it - and this has blown up in his face. Watching his client being dismantled in public and not being able to gain control will have others questioning his methods IF he doesn’t get the job done.

We have maintained our dignity and our position all the way through. Just hope we don’t buckle - because if we do they will find a way to pin this whole drama back on us. This is about so much more than Jake now.

Surely parents should teach their kids it's morally wrong to cheat on your partner/wife

Leaving aside personal morality, what is morally wrong is sticking your hand out for a pay cheque when you haven't earnt it.

Dogs will be able to take apart Connors privately. To do so publicly is counter productive.

Dodoro is just engaging in brinkmanship. We hold fast and we should get the right outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty funny. I especially liked the part where he said Jake is the first person to admit he hasn't done everything right.
Well Mr.Connors, we have video from a fortnight ago where Jake was on the stage saying he did everything right.
Dodo saying they offered pick 11. What about the rest of that deal?
Connors saying Dogs want Stringer out of there over and over as though the Dogs haven't come out and said numerous times he will be welcomed back if a trade doesn't happen.

The tales they are spinning are something to behold. Especially when everything is out there and known and they still think they can make up porkies.
I assume you are referring to the trade radio interview - the only time Jake has spoken out that I know of. He did not say that he had done everything right.
His first words there were:
'Obviously I'd be lying if I was sitting up here saying that I have done everything right....'

http://aflnation.com.au/2017/09/19/western-bulldogs-trade-call-a-shock-to-stringer/

[On another note.......]
He and Connor were saying then the situation is not irretrievable so what has changed since then from the club's stance?

Must of been a secret meeting, he even posted on his instagram story that he was there.
_89046968_89046967.jpg

I assume you are referring to the trade radio interview - the only time Jake has spoken out that I know of. He did not say that he had done everything right.
His first words there were:
'Obviously I'd be lying if I was sitting up here saying that I have done everything right....'

http://aflnation.com.au/2017/09/19/western-bulldogs-trade-call-a-shock-to-stringer/

[On another note.......]
He and Connor were saying then the situation is not irretrievable so what has changed since then from the club's stance?
Well the way the media have been quoting only half this story they would go with "obviously" "i have done everything right".

Jake is worth a first rounder all day long.
Dodoro can give up next years first this year and have Jake in 2018, or give it up next year and have Jake in 2019.
Or he can miss out altogether.
Don't be a clown Adrian.

Just listening to the broadcast, Connors is clearly aware that he’s short on time and the deal is a lot harder than he expected. A lot of the things he’s saying show he’s slightly desperate now.
Connors keep accidently dropping hes a contracted player and that he can stay at the dogs
Clearly isnt following the narrative the media has created

️... was thinking the exact same thing.

I would love nothing more to see us hold our ground right through. I sincerely hope we do.

Watching used car salesmen (sorry to any used car salesmen ) losing their sh1t getting and getting increasingly more desperate is highly entertaining. Connors has everything riding on this - he wasn’t even Jake’s primary manager at the start of this - he had his minion looking after it - and this has blown up in his face. Watching his client being dismantled in public and not being able to gain control will have others questioning his methods IF he doesn’t get the job done.

We have maintained our dignity and our position all the way through. Just hope we don’t buckle - because if we do they will find a way to pin this whole drama back on us. This is about so much more than Jake now.

Robbie might be looking for another"club" after this :)

WE know how we've behaved throughout this schemozzle and what we've said all along, but the rest of the footy community will believe the spin from the media, Jake's management and Dodo.

Connors keep accidently dropping hes a contracted player and that he can stay at the dogs
Clearly isnt following the narrative the media has created
Connors is being careful to make sure he is not seen to be enticing his client to breach his contract. He is introducing the mental health element in case Jake refuses to go back. Connors can then say they've always acknowledged that Jake is under contract but the workplace bullying he's been subjected to by the club has created stress related mental health issues, therefore Jake will be unable to play until his state of mind is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back