Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong's pick 20 is starting to look realistic.

It's as if club leaders are deliberately sinking his value. Maybe jake needs to be reminded that he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Also I watch Stringer intently whether that be at the game or on TV. He's nearly always the last through the banner or right on the outside of the huddle. Small things I know but they connect the dots of the story.

We

We need to make it clear- picks only, no dud player steak knives to clog up our VFL team
Cockatoo isn't steak knives.

Id be staggered if Geelong offered him and 20, let alone him and the 2018 first rounder.

Cockatoo isn't steak knives.

Id be staggered if Geelong offered him and 20, let alone him and the 2018 first rounder.

Hasn't shown much at all for such a high pick. We are getting rid of Stringer because he doesn't tackle enough- why would Bevo want another guy who is more of the same

If they offered Darcy Lang, would interested though

Thoughts on Cockatoo and 20 for Jake?

I am assuming that the club is honest in saying that if we don't get a good deal for Jake or Jake doesn't then he and club will be okay to stay together in 2018 and maybe beyond. I do think this is BS but lets assume.

Adelaide has no hesitation in asking for 2 first round picks for Lever (who will be uncontracted) and/or a player of Petracca type.

Jake is 23 years old, AA, Premiership Player, Contracted and with all his issues last couple of years but still has stats better than Eddie Betts at the same stage of their football lives.

Why are we shy, embarrassed or don't feel worthy of asking for Pick 1-5 this year and a first round pick 2018 or a pick plus a player who is a Petracca type?

Still want them asking for Stewart and pick 20. If not Bews and 20. May end up Motlop and 20 just so Motlop can do my head in like Jake has the past 2 years
Can we ban the next person that suggests Free Agent Motlop as part of any trade.

Lo
I am assuming that the club is honest in saying that if we don't get a good deal for Jake or Jake doesn't then he and club will be okay to stay together in 2018 and maybe beyond. I do think this is BS but lets assume.

Adelaide has no hesitation in asking for 2 first round picks for Lever (who will be uncontracted) and/or a player of Petracca type.

Jake is 23 years old, AA, Premiership Player, Contracted and with all his issues last couple of years but still has stats better than Eddie Betts at the same stage of their football lives.

Why are we shy, embarrassed or don't feel worthy of asking for Pick 1-5 this year and a first round pick 2018 or a pick plus a player who is a Petracca type?

Like what Adelaide has done. They stood their ground on Gibbs last year and refused to give in to Carltons bully boy tactics. They have backed Melbourne into a corner IMO as their supporters are expecting Lever to line up next year even before a price is set. Moral- keep your options open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Jake for pick 20 is unacceptable unless he has knobbed someone else's missus

Although if we can also give them Jong I'd be happy with any deal

Swings and roundabouts :)

Lo

Like what Adelaide has done. They stood their ground on Gibbs last year and refused to give in to Carltons bully boy tactics. They have backed Melbourne into a corner IMO as their supporters are expecting Lever to line up next year even before a price is set. Moral- keep your options open

Agree keep your options open BUT not sure how real it is that we can now keep Jake, it is hard to workout as you only read what is in the media etc

Thoughts on Cockatoo and 20 for Jake?

Cockatoo? How many soft tissue injuries in his short career? 5-10? Not excited.

Stringer was pretty clear that its early days. I wouldn't be overly concerned about Geelong or EFC being nominated just yet.

Lucky for us the media don't run the club.

I honestly think Jake will line up for us next year if we don't get anything close to 2 first rounders.

A list manager that I spoke to wasn't to enthusiastic with 2017 draft so we may need to look at a very early pick in 2017 and a first rounder in 2018.

A list manager that I spoke to wasn't to enthusiastic with 2017 draft so we may need to look at a very early pick in 2017 and a first rounder in 2018.
I don't follow the draft but that seems to be the general feeling with this years crop.

I'm running with the story that we want as many picks as possible to raid GC and help them with their clean out.

If the information today is correct and Stringer nominates Geelong then I see it going this way!

Geelong offer pick 20

We say no! Then hopefully Geelong get pick 21 for Motlop leaving in FA as it is after their first pick!

Then we counter with 20 and 21 and we give back 39, which is 1790- 446 which equals 1344 (Pick 11 equiv)

This deal makes sense as if Essendon are in the frame pick 11 is what they would have to give up!

While we all know he is worth a top 5 pick at least, unfortunately we are kicking him out so he has lost a lot of value.

If this occurred taking picks 9,20,21,26 into the draft is a strong hand!

If the information today is correct and Stringer nominates Geelong then I see it going this way!

Geelong offer pick 20

We say no! Then hopefully Geelong get pick 21 for Motlop leaving in FA as it is after their first pick!

Then we counter with 20 and 21 and we give back 39, which is 1790- 446 which equals 1344 (Pick 11 equiv)

This deal makes sense as if Essendon are in the frame pick 11 is what they would have to give up!

While we all know he is worth a top 5 pick at least, unfortunately we are kicking him out so he has lost a lot of value.

If this occurred taking picks 9,20,21,26 into the draft is a strong hand!

I would be after more than just pick 20 & the Motlop compensation pick. Why do we have to bend over?

We are in rebuild mode aren't we?

How on gods green earth have we gone to a very young premiership team to a rebuild in 12 months?

I know I didn't rate out depth at all but people hoping blokes like Dale Williams Webb and Jong are taking us back to the promised land I think are kidding themselves.

I was pretty sure we would have audio this year but nothing like this and the club can say whatever they want with so much smoke there must be some fire.

We do not have a single forwar on our list that I have any faith in kicking goals week in week out if we lose Jake
Because this team age bracket is still classed as a rebuild

I don't have stats or figures in front of me but how many players at Age 23 had AA honours and Premiership medal?

You cannot give them away if anything you fight to keep them. If you are forced to give them away get your pound in flesh and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back