Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm advocating doing so, just curious - in a scenario where we are planning on signing Motlop anyway, are there rules in place stopping us from overpaying Motlop to reward Geelong with a better compensation pick that can then be on-traded "back" to us for Stringer?

Not that I'm advocating doing so, just curious - in a scenario where we are planning on signing Motlop anyway, are there rules in place stopping us from overpaying Motlop to reward Geelong with a better compensation pick that can then be on-traded "back" to us for Stringer?
Didn't the hawks do something similar with Ty Vickery?

It's as if club leaders are deliberately sinking his value. Maybe jake needs to be reminded that he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Also I watch Stringer intently whether that be at the game or on TV. He's nearly always the last through the banner or right on the outside of the huddle. Small things I know but they connect the dots of the story.

Strange you mention this. After a couple of the finals wins, when Stringer is in the shot, it seems he has to go to other players for hugs, huddles and similar celebratory actions. Nobody seems to seek out Jake I noticed it during finals and confirmed what I thought back then.

Dannnnnn getting on the Motlop train???

Strange you mention this. After a couple of the finals wins, when Stringer is in the shot, it seems he has to go to other players for hugs, huddles and similar celebratory actions. Nobody seems to seek out Jake I noticed it during finals and confirmed what I thought back then.
Ive noticed this as well.

Also noticed last year that after singing the song in the rooms that Tom Boyd was usually left on his own, everyone either hugging eachother/high fiving etc, and the big man is left to awkwardly enjoy others celebrating.

I'm probably over analysing but it could explain a few things this year in regards to depression. I saw this happen in at least half a dozen games.

Also noticed last year that after singing the song in the rooms that Tom Boyd was usually left on his own, everyone either hugging eachother/high fiving etc, and the big man is left to awkwardly enjoy others celebrating.

I'm probably over analysing but it could explain a few things this year in regards to depression. I saw this happen in at least half a dozen games.

Well we know from outside of football that he hung out with Cordy..

How many do we have on the list that could actually reach a Tom Boyd high five?....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer and pick 26 for Geelongs 2018 1st and pick 20. Sound close to the mark? Can't believe that's all we'll get. He's gonna dominate down there.

After the Stringer interview and all the other talk of trades, most suggesting he wants to go to Geelong, Geelong not going to be able to pay what he's worth, etc; I really feel like he'll still be with us next year. This feels like an almighty play for him to eat some humble pie, get his shit together and repair whatever damage he has done to the playing group. He came across as meek, nervous and confused during his interview and despite him and Connors pushing a 'Jake' agenda, this could be the catalyst needed for Stringer to finally buy in at the dogs.

Or I am totally off the mark and we end up with a bag of chips from Geelong and Stringer kicking 60+ next to Hawkins next year.

:drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back