Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been trying to think of why Adams really wants to leave the club, and I think I've finally worked it out.

If Adams is a bit of a "weird cat" as some have said, perhaps he just thinks there's a bad aura/vibe at Whitten Oval that has contributed to his injury troubles. Maybe the medical staff haven't been so receptive to his calls for the use of healing crystals and dried white sage smudging rituals within the medical rooms.

I'm confident that Sam McClure will run with this on SEN within the next 24 hours.

vibe.gif

Roughy more likely to stay now as Ruck and Defense backup. Was our best key defender in Mecca days
Lol ..... he had plenty of opportunity to handle the ball as a defender during “Crack in’s” coaching era ....... as the ball was always in the defensive zone!

No need to ridicule.

This is why good posters leave our board. People having an unprovoked go at them for expressing their opinion. Or they just see the shitfights that others are involved in and say to themselves "enough, I'm sick of reading this".

Diversity of a opinion on BF is a good thing - we don't have to agree with everything that's posted.

It's fine to offer a different view, but why chuck in a gratuitous insult?

This ^^^^

Plus the reference of other posters as 'moronic' is a great way for DJS3X to introduce themselves.

And you're absolutely correct dogwatch, this type of posting is why I rarely bother reading the board lately, let alone posting.

With Khamis coming in and Roarke re-signed and Lewis Young also being an intercept defender I’d be asking Lewis if he has any desire to return home. Possibly work out a deal along the line of 7,25 and Young for Wingard and Hombsch.
Shocking deal for us imo. Hombsch not worth much more than Young. Wingard not worth more than pick 7. Pick 25 is overs

I can't see them giving up pick 22, they need it and he is not worth 22. I wouldn't be offering 22 to bring Adams in if he was at Brisbane.

That Adams is contracted makes a reasonable difference. If the Lions want him, they will need to come to the party.

Remember Stanley to the Cats for #21 a few years ago?

Shocking deal for us imo. Hombsch not worth much more than Young. Wingard not worth more than pick 7. Pick 25 is overs
I can’t see is land Wingard without sending Port more than 7. Whether that is 25 is a fair argument. Agree and Young and Hombsch, feel its a good chance to balance our defensive stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Adams is contracted makes a reasonable difference. If the Lions want him, they will need to come to the party.

Remember Stanley to the Cats for #21 a few years ago?
yeah i remember that deal, my ribs still hurt from laughing. I hope we can pull it off, but i think it might be a 3rd round pick and maybe a 2nd pick upgrade, like 22 for our 25. either way it will get done now so at least that speculative part is done with.

I think having Roberts and Young under contract is really going to come in handy next year. Roberts if he can get back to his 2016 form can be a useful stop gap for us with Adams going and Morris another year older. Young if he can take another step up and bring his VFL form to the 1s. Will still probably need another senior / depth guy I think, maybe a guy who can swing fwd / back as depth.

Power on Trade Radio

Power on Wingard: "We've signalled our interest to his management and that's about the extent of it for now"

Power: Sam Lloyd has indicated he would like to join our club

Power on Marcus Adams: "We're going to hold him to his contract. He's a required player"

Power on Roughead: "He's indicated he wants to explore his FA options. We're waiting to hear back from him

Power: "We're really confident that Tom Liberatore will be at the Bulldogs next year." "We're confident something will get done"

Coulda sworn my trade would have gone though by now. I’m so shocked the big deals haven’t been done yet.

Adams and knives for Bris pick 22
22 & 25 to Sydney for 12
7 & 12 to GC for May and upgrade one of our later.
Think May for more important than Chad although less potential excitement. Big believer in getting the pillars right initially and work around the rest. I think Naughton will develop to CHB, have Boyd CHF and Schache FF. Ruck lacking at present but English a year or 2 away ( assuming he doesn’t want home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back