Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if next to nothing happens this trade period for us. Either it will be quiet after all the hype and people will be disappointed, thus should lower expectations. Or we are keeping our cards close to our chest.

Surely we don't give up a 3rd rounder for lloyd as some1 has stated. Richmond just gave up miles Corey Ellis and 3rd pick next year Say 54 for gold coast 3rd pick next year say 40.

To clarify Power's comments, this is something pretty much all team's say when a contracted player requests a trade. I'm still confident we will trade him.

It’s code for ‘pay up’...

Noble on Marcus Adams: We started some preliminary discussions with the Doggies yesterday

Opposite vibes to what Power just said haha,

Noble on Marcus Adams: We started some preliminary discussions with the Doggies yesterday

Opposite vibes to what Power just said haha,

You know how these things play out....

Although it’s be funny for Power to come out and say we’ve entered into preliminary discussions with Brisbane on Hipwood.... We asked how he was and if he was available for a late 4th rounder.... We got told where to go, but that’s not our viewpoint....

Rian Gryphone was a "contracted player". And how often do you really see teams taking the hard stance we talk about when contracted players demand trades; it's not unseen (Gibbs, McCarthy) but I would think it's more common that something gets done.

My completely out of the know take is that I'd be surprised if Adams was with us next season. And we like to trade with a 'I'll scratch your back you scratch mine' stance, and considering we got Schahe for not too much (considering his draft status), I reckon we'll try to work with Brisbane to make sure something's done.

The overrating of picks in the 20s every trade period is amazing, you’re a one in three chance of getting a player with those picks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wallis, McLean, Lipinski, Dunkley say hi. Yeah we've probably only nailed just under half of our picks in the 20's, but there is still some gems to be found there.

What's the next best pick after a round one selection? Definitely not round 3. Happy to load up on picks in the 20's than scrape at the bottom of the barrel in rounds 3 onwards. Plus they can be used as bargaining chips for pick upgrades or picking up solid fringe players.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if next to nothing happens this trade period for us. Either it will be quiet after all the hype and people will be disappointed, thus should lower expectations. Or we are keeping our cards close to our chest.

I think you've just summed up trade period.

Having a bit both ways....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good starting position by Power, early days but I'm already feeling he's more capable that McCartney at this stuff. Need to keep Adams unless Brisbane pays up. I'm hoping he pinches one of the players I mentioned in my earlier post.
Yea Sam seems to be holding his line well... he just needs a domino to fall for him, namely Wingard.
He's got a great opportunity to show how well he wheels and deals with Wingard and Adams. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Yea Sam seems to be holding his line well... he just needs a domino to fall for him, namely Wingard.
He's got a great opportunity to show how well he wheels and deals with Wingard and Adams. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.
Bains is a pretty good negotiator to be able to bounce things off too. Really liking the team we've put together off field

There's a lot of players I'd be happy to involve in a trade for Adams. Realistic ones are Keays, Cox, Skinner, Bailey, even Wooller I liked in his draft year (not sure how he's gone since though). Obviously not all these would be straight swaps.

Bailey and Cox probably the two unrealistic one mentioned there. Bailey is as highly rated internally as anyone on our list and showed a lot this year.

Cox has spades of potential and is a running player. Which we’ve identified as a need for us. He was always going to take a while to develop but has shown promise.

Keays is gettable but I’m not sure you need another of his type.

Skinner is very promising and has performed well when in the seniors but also coming off his 3rd ACL at such a young age. Big Risk.

Wooller spent most of his first year out injured but did show some promise in the reserves at the later start of the season.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. All the best.

Wingard likely to stay at Port
That was a waste of time then. .

They are saying the same things we are saying about Adams and all teams say about contracted guys they want to keep. Still definitely a big chance and a long time to go yet before you can rule it out mate.

Bailey and Cox probably the two unrealistic one mentioned there. Bailey is as highly rated internally as anyone on our list and showed a lot this year.

Cox has spades of potential and is a running player. Which we’ve identified as a need for us. He was always going to take a while to develop but has shown promise.

Skinner is very promising and has performed well when in the seniors but also coming off his 3rd ACL at such a young age. Big Risk.

Wooller spent most of his first year out injured but did show some promise in the reserves at the later start of the season.

Cheers for the insight. After asking about Keays on your board I tend to agree. I'd expect Wooller to come cheap after what you've said so I'd like him involved somehow. Any idea how he's rated by your guys?

Great post. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back