Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say his defensive work but moreso his defensive positioning. I’ve got high hopes he can be best 22 next year if he stays put.

I liked him prior to being drafted and hadn't watched him recently.
He can develop into a solid best 22, surprised he wants out. (Things we do for women!!!!)

Like $1m people year at Boyd ?? Or close enough to it....

I have a different opinion on it, I’d also try to keep it a little quieter - but player management may publish it anyway. They were considered no chance of performing well this year, so it’s hard to attract big talent. They are paying over, but you have to pay a premium to get players out. It’s no biggie to me, happy to be wrong though...

It's just the sheer desperation of it that I find funny.

It's just the sheer desperation of it that I find funny.

I get that side of it, and I think they are overpaying - but the tactic is ok. You have cap space, you are not the most attractive destination - offer the money and see who you can get.

Scott Lycett has now apparently changed his mind too and staying At the eagles. Best mates with Gaff.

Would it be fair to say that if Chad was staying he would have said by now.
About as fair as saying that if Chad was leaving he would have said by now.
Honestly we can't know what he's doing until something official comes from him or the clubs

The things we do for our women! I’d say we’d have to add a sweetener.

Why don't you get out of here with your helpful comments, level headedness and un-biased opinions. This is trade week, there is no room for that mate, we say Adams for your 2nd rounder and a few future picks and you reply with future 4th rounder or gtfo. Let's keep to the proven method please

I don’t think so. He’s contracted so if he wants to stay he doesn’t have to say anything.

Could always put it beyond doubt for his fans of the club for one. He had to have at lest been after a bigger contract or leaving at one point.

Alright. I believe this board may have set a new big footy record and it was before noon on the first day of tradeweek(s) no less. Not only did we have a new internet rivalry begun but we had the the prospect of two members meeting behind the shelter shed after school to sort it out. Keep up the good work guys.

Somebody is certain to have a coronary in the next week or so at this pace. Good help us all if some genuinely troubling trade news breaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright. I believe this board may have set a new big footy record and it was before noon on the first day of tradeweek(s) no less. Not only did we have a new internet rivalry begun but we had the the prospect of two members meeting behind the shelter shed after school to sort it out. Keep up the good work guys.

Somebody is certain to have a coronary in the next week or so at this pace. Good help us all if some genuinely troubling trade news breaks.

Trade period is the gift that keeps giving!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wingard's cryptic Instagram post mentioned until himself or his management speak, don't listen.

The only thing we have heard from Wingard is that cryptic message. The only thing we have heard from Wingard's management is when he addressed the rumours that Wingard had decided to stay with Port. Which he stated were "categorically untrue"

The longer this plays out I cannot see him staying at Port.

We are into $1.35 now surely.

Wingard's cryptic Instagram post mentioned until himself or his management speak, don't listen.

The only thing we have heard from Wingard is that cryptic message. The only thing we have heard from Wingard's management is when he addressed the rumours that Wingard had decided to stay with Port. Which he stated were "categorically untrue"

The longer this plays out I cannot see him staying at Port.

We are into $1.35 now surely.
He is waiting for Sydney to come in

Bailey and Cox probably the two unrealistic one mentioned there. Bailey is as highly rated internally as anyone on our list and showed a lot this year.

Cox has spades of potential and is a running player. Which we’ve identified as a need for us. He was always going to take a while to develop but has shown promise.

Keays is gettable but I’m not sure you need another of his type.

Skinner is very promising and has performed well when in the seniors but also coming off his 3rd ACL at such a young age. Big Risk.

Wooller spent most of his first year out injured but did show some promise in the reserves at the later start of the season.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. All the best.
Is Tom Cutler someone who could potentially come into things if we don't go down the picks avenue? Wondering how you see his value? I am just hypothesising here that we might try and get a Vic boy with some games under the belt

I like Cox

He’s solid.

Why don't you get out of here with your helpful comments, level headedness and un-biased opinions. This is trade week, there is no room for that mate, we say Adams for your 2nd rounder and a few future picks and you reply with future 4th rounder or gtfo. Let's keep to the proven method please

Macrae and Bont for Bastinac and a 4th Rounder. ;)

"Doctor, doctor, can't you just stop me getting injured? Isn't there some magic spray?'

Say three ‘Hail Stephen Danks’ and come and see me when your other arm falls off....

Is Tom Cutler someone who could potentially come into things if we don't go down the picks avenue? Wondering how you see his value? I am just hypothesising here that we might try and get a Vic boy with some games under the belt

I don’t think so, no. Cuts had a really good progressive year and we really missed his run through the middle when he got suspended for 3 weeks. He’s proved pretty loyal in the past.

He’s one of those “worth more to us than other clubs” type of players. We really need to try and keep Blokes like him that are getting to their peak. We really lack talent in that 23-26 range due to the go home 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back