Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs will rookie list Will Hayes
So we are likely to get 6 players on our list this year who were previously attached to the club through Footscray/father-son/academies, in West, Khamis, Hayes, William, Chatfield and Dawson?

That'd be the bulk of our new players, maybe the only others will be a 2-3 Afl recruits and our pick 7?

Doubt he lasts to rookie draft. Pick in the 50-70 range is more likely.

We’ll likely have some bloody late picks that we need to use, in the event we have to use all our 3rd and 4th rounders on points for west (which is the preferable result).

We might end up having to take the last 2 or 3 guys selected in the national draft.

Last edited:

For those who watch VFL would I be right to think that Hayes will be something like a Honeychurch/Dahlhaus style player?

Lot better skills than Honey , nowhere near the player Dahl was/ is.
Hope I'm wrong but VFL looks his level. Very smart player but not great at anything in particular.
Not very quick just to top it all off.
Hope that helps ? :eek::)

Lot better skills than Honey , nowhere near the player Dahl was/ is.
Hope I'm wrong but VFL looks his level. Very smart player but not great at anything in particular.
Not very quick just to top it all off.
Hope that helps ? :eek::)

I reckon he'll do better if not as well as Gowers.

Great kick. Gets the ball lots, really smart and quick enough never to get caught. Although a little small is a great tackler.

Wondering what age he picked up the game, seems like he's improved every year he's been at Footscray.

I reckon he'll do better if not as well as Gowers.

Great kick. Gets the ball lots, really smart and quick enough never to get caught. Although a little small is a great tackler.

Wondering what age he picked up the game, seems like he's improved every year he's been at Footscray.

Hope your right.
All in the eye of the beholder.
Gowers has a lot more physical attributes and a bit younger , doubt he could get to that level.
Is he about 24 ?

Understand completely we need a forward
Coach.So have no issues paying Hawthorns Roughead .If He only teaches Boyd how to catch the football. and where to position himself .Its well worth the money.Similar with what Morris does for the backs. And if thats the plan to fast forward
Our KPFwds development l am right behind it.

Understand completely we need a forward
Coach.So have no issues paying Hawthorns Roughead .If He only teaches Boyd how to catch the football. and where to position himself .Its well worth the money.Similar with what Morris does for the backs. And if thats the plan to fast forward
Our KPFwds development l am right behind it.
Roughead... has a bit of a Cloke odour about it...
Hopefully not quite the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll chortle at the "prudent cap management" crew on here if we don't pay Dahlhaus and then turn around and pay 400k+ to the corpse of Jarryd Roughead.
That is absolutely prudent list management.
There seems to be a pretty significant gulf between what different posters think of Dal at the moment and dare I say a lot of heart over head posting.

Mutually beneficial move by the club.

I assure everyone that.

Club didnt really try hard to keep Dal as there was no point. He was heard at Anglesea v Geelong Ammo's game earlier this year pissed as a fart with his mates saying he was going and wanted out of the club.

Also had the fact he wants out confirmed by the player i sponsor.

I have slept on it but it is time for Brisdog to come out - I am into Billings. Our team craves a laces-out left footer in the forward half, a bloke who can kick more goals than behinds (potentially). And even though I currently feel sorry for St Kilda, I actually hate the aunts and will never forget that game in 15’ where they carried on like a bunch of aunts, Clay did his knee and Billings kicked 5. Get it done.
I’d prefer Acres to Billings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back