Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a whisper we're throwing our hat in the ring for Lachie Neale..

Not sure how we can trump Brisbane's pick 4 but my source is VERY reliable
My rule of thumb is that anyone trumpeting the credibility of their own sources is not usually worth listening to.

That said, it’s that time of the year and I’m desperate....so what do we make of Neale? I rarely watch Freo, is the lad any good?

Only part I thought was interesting was that some of Wallis, Libba and Roughead will "be there next year". He was asked about Roughead first, then Libba, and that's when he brought up Wallis himself and made that statement. Makes me think it applies to Wallis and Libba more.

From what im lead to believe, Libba staying or going depends on the outcome of Wallis. If Mitch stays, the club will look to offload Libba which will get rid of that whole clique ie biggs, dal etc. If Mitch goes, libba stays.

From what im lead to believe, Libba staying or going depends on the outcome of Wallis. If Mitch stays, the club will look to offload Libba which will get rid of that whole clique ie biggs, dal etc. If Mitch goes, libba stays.
Wallis never struck me as part of that group, I'm not sure I buy this. Also a weird way to decide on whether or not to give someone a contract.

We can’t use those 3rd and 4th rounders (4 in total) on points for west then. Can only use picks for points if you have list spaces to use them.

So if we want to use 4 or so late picks to grab west, we need to clear a bunch of space on the main list.
We will easily have enough spaces. 4 already confirmed with Red, Dahl and Rough basically out the door. That's even before probable delistings in BTC and Honey.

Really, (assuming we trade the Dahl compo which is the scenario you're talking about) we only need 5 list spaces free to use all the picks with points. Pick 7, two third rounders and two forth rounders. We will easily cover this.

We then use pick 7, take West, take Khamis, upgrade Gowers and upgrade Lynch. Any further selections will depend on who goes out and who gets traded in. Assume we get someone in for the Dahl comp and Lloyd as a DFA. That covers the probable 7 that are leaving before delistings. Could actually see in this scenario that Honey gets another year if we reckon he'd be better than a very late pick. We'd also have 3 spots on the rookie list.

My rule of thumb is that anyone trumpeting the credibility of their own sources is not usually worth listening to.

That said, it’s that time of the year and I’m desperate....so what do we make of Neale? I rarely watch Freo, is the lad any good?

You don't have to believe me mate.

As i said we're putting our hat in the ring nothing and nothing more at the moment.

And what about the second half of the sentence that i typed?
What about the second half?
I would love to have a guy in our forward half who actually blocks, creates space and generally understands forward craft.
Would add at least 10 goals each to Boyd and Shac's end of year tallies.

If true the words that come to mind are unprofessional, childish, etc etc by all concerned

On the Jarryd Roughead situation.

Dogs have put forward a 2 year playing contract with coaching aspect after playing. Similar to the Hodge and Mitchell deals.

On the Hawks side of things they are interested as Roughy will be on 750k at Hawthorn and require more space in the cap to acquire Wingard and either Shiel or Lynch. Hawks will pay about 300k of the salary meaning the Dogs are up for 450k.

Roughed is torn as he can see the benefit but also loves the Hawks so much and the idea of being a one club player means a lot to him.

Hawks have left the decision up to Jarryd and it may come down to if they get a commitment from Wingard and either Shiel or Lynch then he will accept the move to the Doggies.

Not going to say this is my source or that I heard it from here. This is Big Footy so take it as you please just passing it on.
This is a good move. But still highlights the difference between a small club mentality and a big club mentality. We should be in for Lynch, Wingard etc.

Hey guy , my source telling me that we gunna get Kelly ok bulldog trying hard to get , pick 6 and next year pick kelly come to us and do well cheer
I think I’m in love with you.

Not because I think what you’re saying is true, it’s more that I’m attracted to people who speak English as a second language

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallis never struck me as part of that group, I'm not sure I buy this. Also a weird way to decide on whether or not to give someone a contract.

Should of explained better, my bad. Wallis is not part of that group.
What i was told was that if wallis stays, they will look to offload libba. Libba is the last of the group that was supposedly causing a few issues.

they're basing contract on players roles/game style. Club has realised we have a lot of similar types, so are wanting to add more flexibility. Wallis & Libba both contested ball winners, cant have too many of these especially with west on the horizon as well.

What i was told was that if wallis stays, they will look to offload libba. Libba is the last of the group that was supposedly causing a few issues.

they're basing contract on players roles/game style. Club has realised we have a lot of similar types, so are wanting to add more flexibility. Wallis & Libba both contested ball winners, cant have too many of these especially with west on the horizon as well.

I would have thought the other way round if it was purely a football decision. Liber stays Wallis goes.

Liber >>>>>> Wallis.

IMO Liber is our best and most important player.

Weird as we played Wallis forward a lot more when he finally cemented his place in the side and Libba is almost pure mid.

I actually like Wallis forward and have little faith in him as a midfielder except for the odd run-with role. Dunkley seems to have come on leaps and bounds in that kind of role anyway, releasing Bont to be a little more outside.

OK I get you now, that makes more sense. Still hope it's not true though, surely we see Libba as more valuable that Wallis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back