Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yeah it’s always the players never the club

How we haven’t won every flag for the last 50 years is baffling when we never do anything wrong

With you it's always the club not the players (when it suits your argument and doesn't involve Jong).

I suppose the club also made a certain player now in red and black cheat on his missus?

See you are trying to be funny but you are actually 100% correct

I have no idea how and this group will not get close again. Bev may not even make finals again I think next year could be his last with us.

That's alright. I'm sure you'll find something wrong with the next coach, president and whoever else decides to join the club...it's what you do. Must be exhausting.

Bev may not even make finals again I think next year could be his last with us.

The only way Bev leaves is on his terms, no way we will find a better coach then him. I'd be more heartbroken if he left than Bont or Macrae.

EDIT: Shit, just realised who I was replying too...

See you are trying to be funny but you are actually 100% correct

I have no idea how and this group will not get close again. Bev may not even make finals again I think next year could be his last with us.
Well I guess we'll find out in good time with regard to your prediction.
My post was simply making the point that it's just as ridiculous to imply someone is "anti club" or always negative because they disagree with a few things the administration has done, as it is to imply someone is a "homer" or a blind supporter because they agree with a few things the administration has done.

With you it's always the club not the players (when it suits your argument and doesn't involve Jong).

I suppose the club also made a certain player now in red and black cheat on his missus?

Lol yeah coz cheatibg on your missus is a reason to be moved on is it? Ahhhh to be perfect like most of the people on here think they are.

You just keep giving the team of average perfectly behaved robots that finish bottom 6 excuses, and I will be pissed that we are kicking good players out because they don’t have their ties straight.

I don’t give a shit what players do IN THEIR LIVES on their time.

Stringer and Dahl would still be best 22 next year EASY!!!!!! But we have the 6766 year project in Jong and a broken Dickson OH YAY

Well I guess we'll find out in good time with regard to your prediction.
My post was simply making the point that it's just as ridiculous to imply someone is "anti club" or always negative because they disagree with a few things the administration has done, as it is to imply someone is a "homer" or a blind supporter because they agree with a few things the administration has done.

Let’s hope this trade period with anew team goes well and those of us that are negative have something to start looking forward too. Hasn’t been. Good start but some say we have things going on so fingers crossed they work out

Lol yeah coz cheatibg on your missus is a reason to be moved on is it? Ahhhh to be perfect like most of the people on here think they are.

You just keep giving the team of average perfectly behaved robots that finish bottom 6 excuses, and I will be pissed that we are kicking good players out because they don’t have their ties straight.

Just because you don’t sleep with 17 year old schoolgirls doesn’t make you a robot. I think your doing the rest of the team a massive disservice here. His behavior, and there is plenty more you don’t know about, was far from not keeping his tie straight.

Just because you don’t sleep with 17 year old schoolgirls doesn’t make you a robot. I think your doing the rest of the team a massive disservice here. His behavior, and there is plenty more you don’t know about, was far from not keeping his tie straight.

Dahl Biggs Libba Hunter Red all been questioned for not being “robots”

Thank god we don’t have Dustin Martin it would be embarrassing losing him

I tend to agree with you, unless that behavior starts to negatively impact on their performance as well as their teammates. Based on the performance of those players who've been moved on for having these issues it's probably fair to assume that there is a high likelihood that this is what has happened. Unfortunately we'll never get the full story on these kinds of things.

I do think every team needs a bit of cockiness and a couple of Pricks with white line fever. They tend to help the more introverted players walk a bit taller. Billy Gowers would be just about the only current player (maybe Libba) that I would put in this category.

The only 'old' A grader they have is Ablett and that was worth a punt. Danger is in his prime and Selwood is still ticking along nicely. They hold onto Kelly and Duncan and their future is relatively set.

Compared to Carlton and us they are more poised for success in the short term.
Agree to disagree I see Selwood as on the wane, Ablett is shot even his high possession games are fairly ineffectual, Danger is a gun agree with that, Duncan I am not sold on and holding on to Kelly could be difficult. You then look down back and apart from Tuohy and Stewart they a very thin down there and forward you have a hot and cold Hawkins and not much else coming through. Not to mention a coach who has a game plan that seems to fall apart against the premier teams come finals every year. But as I said agree to disagree

Well I think it is fair to say that we have reached the point in the evolution of free agency - unfortunately, where it is wise as a supporter not to become me too attached to individual players as very few will remain ‘one club players’. Support the club, back the decisions of the list managers, and perhaps don’t let your kids become too attached to one player as their hearts are bound to be broken.

Just like watching Game of Thrones ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree to disagree I see Selwood as on the wane, Ablett is shot even his high possession games are fairly ineffectual, Danger is a gun agree with that, Duncan I am not sold on and holding on to Kelly could be difficult. You then look down back and apart from Tuohy and Stewart they a very thin down there and forward you have a hot and cold Hawkins and not much else coming through. Not to mention a coach who has a game plan that seems to fall apart against the premier teams come finals every year. But as I said agree to disagree

How many cheapies round the back did he demand on Friday night to pad out his 2nd half. It won't be long before the Cats players start telling him the same as the Suns' players did, how about you get a hard ball or block for me sometimes.

Cleaning out some deadwood and making tough list decisions is fine by me. It needed to happen - we won the flag before our time (not saying it was a fluke and we didn’t deserve it) and was with a few who were playing at their peak. I am bloody excited to see what Luke can do with this list now after adding pick 7, West and Khamis. Plus hopefully couple of other mature recruits. So many ridiculous melts on here and we haven’t even started trade week.

How do you rate the form of the players you have mentioned MD?

Not great but is it any worse than Daniel Dickson Wood Rough Roberts ?

It is impossible to get 42 men together and expect them all to be good boys and nor should we want that.

An invigorating way to start the working week is put put MD on ignore and let all that negativity pass you by

Lol u put someone on ignore yesterday because they disagreed with you

It’s no loss trust me I won’t miss u :)

I tend to agree with you, unless that behavior starts to negatively impact on their performance as well as their teammates.
You think it didn't already? There is plenty of behaviour that goes on at football clubs that is swept under the carpet until it has an effect on the group, including ours.

"The whole atmosphere at the club was different" - a staff member with almost daily contact with the group re: Stringer

It is impossible to get 42 men together and expect them all to be good boys and nor should we want that.
I don’t disagree and I don’t expect them to be angels. I just believe there was clear daylight between Stringers behavior and the antics of the other ‘rogues’. That coupled with a lack of professionalism in regards to training and rehab. Anyway he’s gone.

Red is going because his knee is shot. He’s had 3 ACL’s. Even when fit, not guaranteed of best 22. Biggsy’s first 2 years were great. Like many, fell off a cliff. Have Williams, Jj, Richards and Suckling in that position already. Cutting him made sense. Dahl is durable for the most part, form has taken a dive. Wanted decent coin on a long term deal. I’m ok with him going personally. Libba had a superb 2014, ACL 2015, pretty good 2016, awful 2017 and ACL 2018. So 3 of his last 4 seasons have basically been wasted. Hunter has been the best of the lot, no questions on him.

Rough will be let go, Roberts is cheap depth, Daniel took a dive but picked up markedly in the back half of the season in a different role, coaching can be blamed for Woods 2018, wasted a whole off season trying to turn him into a forward. If Dickson was a defender or midfielder I would hope that he’d be shown the door. Think he stays because he’s one of our only natural forwards.

You think it didn't already? There is plenty of behaviour that goes on at football clubs that is swept under the carpet until it has an effect on the group, including ours.

"The whole atmosphere at the club was different" - a staff member with almost daily contact with the group re: Stringer

There is no doubt there were issues but the question I want answer to is why the club had the ability to control the “degenerates” in 16 but hasn’t been able to do so since then?? Surely if this continues the club needs to look at itself and not just keep dumping blokes out the door?

The only way Bev leaves is on his terms, no way we will find a better coach then him. I'd be more heartbroken if he left than Bont or Macrae
The fact we put out the youngest team almost every week yet still managed 8 wins is actually a positive. No team with our profile has actually managed a positive win/loss ratio in the history of the AFL competition and I dare say in the VFL days either.

I don't think we're going to be doing much until English is mature TBH. The rule changes have meant without a very good ruckman it is very hard to be competitive. Fortunately Trengove started playing like a 197cm version of Ben Hudson late in the season.

There is no doubt there were issues but the question I want answer to is why the club had the ability to control the “degenerates” in 16 but hasn’t been able to do so since then?? Surely if this continues the club needs to look at itself and not just keep dumping blokes out the door?
You don't think there were management systems in place to curtail the activities of some players?
Libba was banished for four week then told to get a real job to learn about the real world.
Stringer was nowhere near as off the rails as he was after 2016 and the relationships were fractured then.
Libba was given the same post-season interview treatment as Stringer after 2017 and their response was markedly different.
Biggs has been shite this year and Redpath can't get on the park, they're hardly a push-out.

The Dahl point is moot as I wanted to keep him, anyone who saw the Geelong game and their lack of pressure in the forward half would see he actually provides what they need.

I would hope the club is looking at how it handled the post 2016. I’m sure there are lessons for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back